How to save changes so all charts appear with changes

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

How to save changes so all charts appear with changes

Postby Guest » 09 Mar 2011

I created a new chart, added indicators, changed background color and number of days displayed, but I get the default chart with no indicators or other changes when I select new chart. Is there a way to save those settings so they appear on all charts?

TJ

Re: How to save changes so all charts appear with changes

Postby TJ » 09 Mar 2011

I created a new chart, added indicators, changed background color and number of days displayed, but I get the default chart with no indicators or other changes when I select new chart. Is there a way to save those settings so they appear on all charts?
there are 2 ways to do it.

1. Copy Window

Highlight the master chart by a left click on the chart,
then select File > Copy Window,
then select File > Paste Window.
You have just made a duplicate chart window. You can then change the instrument for the new chart.

2. Study Template

Highlight the master chart by a left click on the chart,
then select Format > Study Templates....

for more information, press [F1] for MultiCharts User Guide

Postby Guest » 09 Mar 2011

If I select new chart for a different symbol, it goes back to the default chart with no indicators regardless of whether I use method 1 or method 2 you selected. The only way I can get chart appearance to stay the same is by entering a symbol at bottom of charts in the box that says "Type a symbol/interval." Is this the best way to view different symbols with same chart appearance?

TJ

Postby TJ » 09 Mar 2011

If I select new chart for a different symbol, it goes back to the default chart with no indicators regardless of whether I use method 1 or method 2 you selected. The only way I can get chart appearance to stay the same is by entering a symbol at bottom of charts in the box that says "Type a symbol/interval." Is this the best way to view different symbols with same chart appearance?
if you chose to start a new chart,
you can either:

1. apply a previously saved study template to the chart, and that chart will have the all the indicators in the template.

2. when saving a study template, check the box and the study template will be auto-applied whenever you create a new chart.

if you simply want to look at different symbols with the same indicators,
yes, you can just type in the symbol on the chart.

Postby Guest » 10 Mar 2011

Saving a study template and applying template to a new chart works for the indicators, but it doesn't save back ground color changes, chart type (candle instead of bar chart for example), etc. It appears best way to display charts with all the same changes is to enter a symbol in box at bottom of charts.

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Mar 2011

Saving a study template and applying template to a new chart works for the indicators, but it doesn't save back ground color changes, chart type (candle instead of bar chart for example), etc. It appears best way to display charts with all the same changes is to enter a symbol in box at bottom of charts.
Background color default falls under Format Window.

Bar style default falls under Format Instruments.

Postby Guest » 11 Mar 2011

Those seem to not be the default because charts revert to the original settings of bar charts with black back ground if I select new chart. Charts remain with back ground color change selected and as bar charts only if I enter a symbol at bottom ot chart.

TJ

Postby TJ » 11 Mar 2011

Those seem to not be the default because charts revert to the original settings of bar charts with black back ground if I select new chart. Charts remain with back ground color change selected and as bar charts only if I enter a symbol at bottom ot chart.
You will need to check the box at the bottom left corner (Use as default),
then save the chart window.

Postby Guest » 13 Mar 2011

Checking save as default does save all changes for new charts selections to all appear with the same back ground color, candle chart, indicators, etc. as desired. Thanks for the help.

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Mar 2011

Checking save as default does save all changes for new charts selections to all appear with the same back ground color, candle chart, indicators, etc. as desired. Thanks for the help.
you are welcome.

Return to “MultiCharts”