Printing of charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
NW27

Printing of charts

Postby NW27 » 26 Mar 2011

Hi,

The default screen chart color using candle sticks is a black background and Green for an Up bar and Red for a Down bar.
When I the print the chart, It prints with a white background (good) and blueish/greenish Down bar and a purple Up bar. Almost the reverse in colors to how it looks on the screen. Green=Up, Blue = Up, Red=Down, Purple=Down.

It makes it hard to read the printed charts.

How do I specify what colors to use on the printed chart?

Neil.

arnie

Re: Printing of charts

Postby arnie » 27 Mar 2011

That problem has been fixed in the upcoming version 7.

Just wait a couple more days or weeks for the beta release.

Regards.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 05 Apr 2011

Just downloaded Ver7.
Not fixed :-(

arnie

Postby arnie » 05 Apr 2011

Yes it is.

Select save image as file.
Attachments
picture1.png
(47.82 KiB) Downloaded 507 times

NW27

Postby NW27 » 05 Apr 2011

Seriously, you must be joking.

I've used over a dozen different charting packages and they all produce what you see is what you get when you hit the print button. If it's the black background that is the concern then during the print engine process, make it white. That's how Metastock did it 20 years ago. (Still do)

I spoke with MC about another issue of the Print of charts that is also very ordinary. The chart you see on the screen ie from the first bar on the left to the right bar is not what is shown on the printed chart. So resizing of the screen so that you can see exactly the area of interest and then hit print gives hugely different results. I.e. only display today's 5min chart not half of today's or today's and half of yesterdays.

Why the hell should you have to save the chart as an image so that you can get a printout that looks the same as what is on your screen. MC also suggested I could email the image to myself.

arnie

Postby arnie » 05 Apr 2011

:oops:

Sorry, ma bad.

I assumed when you'd talked about printing you were talking about saving an image in .png, not an actual printed image on a sheet of paper.

Yes, you are correct, when dealing with coloured bars/candlesticks and coloured printing, it's quite disappointing de end result.

My problem was always with the image saved in .png since it was being saved as the print preview, with the reversed colours.
That problem is in fact resolved, hence the above commentary and image.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 08 Apr 2011

There is a feature in MultiCharts that by default inverts the colors of the charts when printed (made under the assumption that most people use black for chart background, and most want to print white to conserve ink).

You can turn this "invert" feature off by changing a registry value. This value will not be present in the registry until you print at least once (can be any chart, and printed to any printer, including a virtual one)

Follow this path - KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts\Preferences\AutoInvertChartWhenPrinting and change the value from 1 (true) to 0 (false). The chart will now print exactly as you see on your screen.

Return to “MultiCharts”