radarscreen (or whatever it's called) in v 7

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tortoise

radarscreen (or whatever it's called) in v 7

Postby tortoise » 06 Apr 2011

Hi -- Lovely, lovely beta release -- bravo and thanks! One question, though ... is the radarscreen (or whatever it's called) functioning the same way it did in version 6? Something seems ... different. Seems very slow to react. Anyone else observe this?

Thanks again

Stan Bokov

Re: radarscreen (or whatever it's called) in v 7

Postby Stan Bokov » 07 Apr 2011

Hi -- Lovely, lovely beta release -- bravo and thanks! One question, though ... is the radarscreen (or whatever it's called) functioning the same way it did in version 6? Something seems ... different. Seems very slow to react. Anyone else observe this?

Thanks again
Thank you for your kind words. Please tell us in more detail what it is that you don't like about the Scanner.

SP

Postby SP » 07 Apr 2011

Hi Stan,

i have the problem with Vista 64 bit that none of the inserted studys update. They calculate once and then freeze the values.

Edit: It happens if i have more than 1 instrument in the scanner on Tick/Volume Resolution.

PS: If i open a new scanner window it always shows up with the default studys "Resolution", "Trend",..."ADX", "Average true Range" which i have to delete. Is there a way to open a empty scanner window or one with "Fromat Study Templates" like with the charts?

tortoise

Postby tortoise » 07 Apr 2011

Thanks again
Thank you for your kind words. Please tell us in more detail what it is that you don't like about the Scanner.

Well, I hate to say "don't like" because the problem may very well be on my end ... but basically i've run a very simple algorithm on 50 symbols off one second bars with end-of-bar calculation and sorting every second. In version 6.5, it behaved as you might expect ... sorting itself briskly, every second. Now, it's like it's acting like I'm using one minute bars or something (the resolution says "1 second"). I'm sorry to be so impressionistic, but without a direct comparison between v 7 and v 6.5, it's hard to say what exactly is off. But I'm quite certain it's not calculating in the same way.

Once again, though, a lovely beta release. Quite breathtaking, really ...

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 08 Apr 2011

Thanks again

Well, I hate to say "don't like" because the problem may very well be on my end ... but basically i've run a very simple algorithm on 50 symbols off one second bars with end-of-bar calculation and sorting every second. In version 6.5, it behaved as you might expect ... sorting itself briskly, every second. Now, it's like it's acting like I'm using one minute bars or something (the resolution says "1 second"). I'm sorry to be so impressionistic, but without a direct comparison between v 7 and v 6.5, it's hard to say what exactly is off. But I'm quite certain it's not calculating in the same way.

Once again, though, a lovely beta release. Quite breathtaking, really ...
You can try installing MC 6.1 on a different machine, or on a virtual machine, and comparing the two. Also, you can try rolling your MC back, and comparing it to MCDT (which has the same scanner capabilities as MC7). Please let us know when you have more details.

Stan Bokov

Hi Stan,

i have the problem with Vista 64 bit that none of the inserted studys update. They calculate once and then freeze the values.

Edit: It happens if i have more than 1 instrument in the scanner on Tick/Volume Resolution.

PS: If i open a new scanner window it always shows up with the default studys "Resolution", "Trend",..."ADX", "Average true Range" which i have to delete. Is there a way to open a empty scanner window or one with "Fromat Study Templates" like with the charts?
Thanks, we will investigate this.

Stan Bokov

Hi Stan,

It's been documented internally.
Please add a feature request to PM.

geizer

Postby geizer » 09 Apr 2011

deleted
Last edited by geizer on 14 Apr 2011, edited 2 times in total.

tortoise

Postby tortoise » 09 Apr 2011

You can try installing MC 6.1 on a different machine, or on a virtual machine, and comparing the two. Also, you can try rolling your MC back, and comparing it to MCDT (which has the same scanner capabilities as MC7). Please let us know when you have more details.

From what I can see, the scanner appears to treat 1 second bars as approximately 1 hour bars ...

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 12 Apr 2011

The link provided earlier in the thread was for internal bug tracking purposes. I posted it by mistake.

Return to “MultiCharts”