Equity curve today for manually entered trades?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
SP

Equity curve today for manually entered trades?

Postby SP » 11 Apr 2011

Is there a way to use the "equity curve today" indicator for manually entered trades with the chart trader at the bottom of the chart like it works with automatic strategies?
I_CLOSEDEQUITY and I_CLOSEDEQUITY dont work that way.

Stan Bokov

Re: Equity curve today for manually entered trades?

Postby Stan Bokov » 11 Apr 2011

Currently you cannot access manual trading information and use it in PowerLanguage. It has been suggested to us that people want to track how they did throughout the day, so are thinking about different ways to implement that (something along the lines of a Performance Report, but for manual trades). Suggestions?

SP

Postby SP » 11 Apr 2011

Stan,

i run this old signal code besides my automatic strategys to get an quick overview on playbacks. Maybe it is sufficient if these 10 lines (+MaxIDDrawDown) could be displayed for manual trading information too
Attachments
ManChartTrader.jpg
(50.41 KiB) Downloaded 532 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 Apr 2011

Many ideas come to mind.

We basically need manual tools for it.

We can use the Order and Position Tracker itself or create a new tool to plot the data we want.

If the Order and Position Tracker (OPT) record the time and price of each order, we can easily create charts plotting the MFE, MAE, equity curves, even the total time for each trade, all based on what is recorded in the OPT.

Also, if we can select data by day, week, and month, we can create statistical studies in just a couple of clicks.

I don't see any advantage to access this data within PLEditor since when we want to work with data, we export it into Excel.
It would be preferable to have an option to create an Excel file within OPT with the data we want, for example, time of entry, time of exit, price of entry, price of exit, action (long/short), instrument, date, quantity, highest/lowest price traded during the trade for MAE/MFE and other types of calculations, number of total trades, number of short trades, number of long trades, number of positive trades, number of negative trades, etc...

Of course, if MC was equipped with a tool able to plot charts based on the data above mentioned, that would be much more useful and less time consuming if for example, we wanted to know how things are going for today's trading day.
Instead of exporting data to Excel, and manipulate all the data to retrieve the results we want, we could, in a click or two, have the same results within MC.

SP

Postby SP » 16 Feb 2014

Before i start programming it myself in the next days does somebody already coded equity curves and performance data for manual trades displayed into the chart realtime ? Or did i miss some new keywords at the PowerLanguage Keyword Reference ?

Return to “MultiCharts”