TT data feed for Multi Charts DT  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Bogwoppit

TT data feed for Multi Charts DT

Postby Bogwoppit » 06 Apr 2011

Hi, I am trying to use Multi Charts DT with a TT data feed but have a few problems. I am using a data feed that comes through TT fix via a FMDS server that feeds live
data and also has historical data on it. I can connect ok to the TT data feed for live prices and charts but cannot find a way of downloading any of the historical data that is on the server. Also when I open up an order entry DOM it won't connect to the data, it just says waiting for data. I am trying to watch the 6EM1 euro FX contract. I have also noticed that on the chart the price is shown as 14.***
instead of 1.4*** I have changed all the settings but cannot get it to display properly. Can you help please, I would really like to be able to use this platform for trading with the TT feed. Thanks very much.

Bogwoppit

Re: TT data feed for Multi Charts DT

Postby Bogwoppit » 11 Apr 2011

Update:

Having updated to the latest version 7 of MultiCharts I can connect ok to the DOM as well as the charts.
The price display issue (14.*** instead of 1.4***) is due to the fact that TT supply their data without a decimal place and not due to MultiCharts (Thanks to Dave Masalov for the information).
However I am still not able to access any of the historical data that is on the TT FMDS server.

Stan Bokov

Re: TT data feed for Multi Charts DT  [SOLVED]

Postby Stan Bokov » 22 Apr 2011

The only way to get historical data for TT symbols in MultiCharts is to download it separately and import it into MultiCharts. We are connected to TT via FIX protocol, which supports only real-time data flow. FIX cannot handle historical data requests.

Return to “MultiCharts”