MC 7 Beta 1 - Questions/Issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
momentum

MC 7 Beta 1 - Questions/Issues

Postby momentum » 05 Apr 2011

Firstly, what a GREAT beta release. Good work guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple of questios/issues so far:
1. When I am using merged data - eSig for History, IB for trading, the orders do not appear on the chart and hence I can't drag them around. This is functionality that is needed.
2. How can I add sound to Chart trading? so I can hear an order being filled?

arnie

Re: MC 7 Beta Great - Couple of Questions/issues

Postby arnie » 05 Apr 2011

1. When I am using merged data - eSig for History, IB for trading, the orders do not appear on the chart and hence I can't drag them around. This is functionality that is needed
Hi momentum.

Unfortunately that is a BIG problem for those who have eSignal and other external data feeds.
Only charts generated by a broker data feed recognize the orders generated by the chart trading window :( (ie. orders are seen on the chart).

I've noticed this when tested the DT version, and talking with Dave about it. He said that it would be resolved during the beta trials or only when the final version is released.

Let's cross our fingers for them do resolve this because is one of those things that can ruin a trading platform.

For the moment, the only way to resolve this is having 2 charts, one with eSignal and the other with IB data.
Orders generated by the eSignal chart will be visible on the IB chart, where you can manage (drag) them. Not the best solution, but the only one for the moment :-(
Attachments
picture6.gif
(139.46 KiB) Downloaded 5530 times

momentum

Postby momentum » 05 Apr 2011

Great workaround arnie. I guess that will have to do for now. Thanks.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 05 Apr 2011

Firstly, what a GREAT beta release. Good work guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple of questios/issues so far:
1. When I am using merged data - eSig for History, IB for trading, the orders do not appear on the chart and hence I can't drag them around. This is functionality that is needed.
1. As explained here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8394 - Previously (and currently) MultiCharts is capable of doing 'one-way' symbol mapping - from the chart to the broker. For instance, MultiCharts is capable of translating an eSignal instrument into IB symbology and placing an order on IB. However, a 'two-way' symbol mapping is required if we are to receive an order confirmation from IB and draw it on the eSignal chart. It is rather difficult to map out different patterns of behavior, and to implement it. However, we are hoping this can be done by the release.

This applies to merged charts as well.

2. There is no sound for orders filled in chart trading yet. Please feature request this into the PM, although it may be added without a request. Still, add it if you can.

janus

Re: MC 7 Beta - Questions/Issues

Postby janus » 06 Apr 2011

A nice to have feature but if you are using IB you get a sound when an order is filled anyway. Not sure about other brokers.

escamillo

deleted

Postby escamillo » 06 Apr 2011

deleted
Last edited by escamillo on 06 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

arnie

Postby arnie » 06 Apr 2011

Something strange is happening that I never saw in version 6.

Oddly enough, this only happens on volume bar charts.

If I try to manually draw an arrow on the last bar (the bar being updated in realtime), the arrow simply disappears.
This doesn't happen on minute bar charts.

Bug?

escamillo

CPU utilization rate MC6 v MC7

how is your CPU utilization rate in MC7 compared to MC6? My CPU use is much higher in MC7, pegged at 100% for some extended periods of time, which had never happened with MC6 (same workspaces open). I expected some higher use but this is to the point of being a problem. What are you seeing? How do you minimize CPU use?

TJ

Re: CPU utilization rate MC6 v MC7

Postby TJ » 06 Apr 2011

how is your CPU utilization rate in MC7 compared to MC6? My CPU use is much higher in MC7, pegged at 100% for some extended periods of time, which had never happened with MC6 (same workspaces open). I expected some higher use but this is to the point of being a problem. What are you seeing? How do you minimize CPU use?
I use an antique Q6600/4GB computer.
I load approx ~20 charts, with some heavy duty indicators.
I have never seen CPU usage more than 20%.
The memory would run out before the CPU does.

There must be some error in your installation.

vking

Postby vking » 06 Apr 2011

Hello - Does any one know the difference between sim/live/live-lan modes of zenfire beta datafeed in multicharts?

thanks

arnie

Postby arnie » 06 Apr 2011

Hi

I too don't see any difference on CPU usage between MC6 and MC7.
Always between 10 and 25% during the trading session, although sometimes can go to 40 or even 50% at specific times (news events or when opening workspaces).

At the moment I only have 2 workspaces opened, 38 charts total. Of these, 20 are volume bar charts, with 3 indicators each.
I also have TWS opened, MS Outlook, Firefox, MSN, iTunes, and eSignal with 40 symbols.
Some times I can have 10 workspaces opened, which translates a total of 54 charts.
All are basically plotting the same 4 symbols, with different indicators and specially different time frames.

Again, when all opened, my computer rarely goes above 25%.

I have an I5 with 4Gb of ram, 4 graphic cards, and my new baby, a SSD disk.

This my friends is the secret for a fast computer, a SSD disk.

You cannot imagine how fast MC works on these drives.
Basically the access speed almost quadruples with a SSD drive. And if you like, and have the money for it, you can buy a PCIe SSD card which will give you 6 to 8 times more access speed compared with a regular HHD drive.

You'll be able to boot your PC between 12 and 19 sec and programs will open in 1 to 3 seconds.
MC, depending of the number of charts and indicators you have, will open much faster than usual, but where the difference is more noticeable, is when we decide to increase or decrease the bar spacing using the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl +/-). With a normal HHD drive, after 1 month of 1 minute data, we could start to see the chart not responding to the keyboard request, whereas with the SSD drive, only after 3 to 4 months of 1 minute data being decreased you start to see some not responsive state from MC.

Maybe from there it's more a problem of MC and not of the PC/SSD drive, but nonetheless a SSD drive will completely transform the way a computer deals with data.

Rest assure that most of the problems trading computers have are related to hard drives and not the CPU or ram.

You can buy a 80Gb or even a 60Gb SSD drive for a cheap price nowadays, more than enough to install Windows and all the need software.
Then you can use your HHD as file backup.

You can also buy 2 60Gb SSD drives and connect them in RAID.

Or, if you want to buy the, yet expensive 200Gb SSD drive or the even more expensive PCIe SSD card, be my guest.

If a normal SSD drive gives you 4 times more speed access, can you imagine a PCIe SSD card?

If you want fast access go SSD.

:wink:

ventus

Postby ventus » 06 Apr 2011

i agree 100% with arnie - in this day and age, and especially for trading, one should definitely look into an SSD. they're relatively cheap and like arnie said, dramatically improves your cpu performance noticeably.

i went with the intel x25 120gb SSD. this may be a little overkill for most, but hey it's pretty cheap and when it comes to trading, i always err on the side of overkill =)

ventus

Postby ventus » 06 Apr 2011

my setup: 8 workspaces with about 10 charts on each, running 1 strategy and 2 indicators on each chart. i've never seen my cpu above 20%. like tj said, your memory should run out before the cpu does.

escamillo

Thanks guys. Maybe it is a corrupted workspace. Seems to be much better without that one running. Will do a delete/clean install of MC7 later and then rebuild the workspace in question.

escamillo

A nice to have feature but if you are using IB you get a sound when an order is filled anyway. Not sure about other brokers.
I think you can create a sound. I seem to have. From Format Signals tab. go to Properties and under Auto Trading there is an option for Audio Alert. You can use your own .wav sound file.

janus

Postby janus » 06 Apr 2011

I think you can create a sound. I seem to have. From Format Signals tab. go to Properties and under Auto Trading there is an option for Audio Alert. You can use your own .wav sound file.
You are right. So, I'm not sure what the original poster was requesting, and the response from MC support was about.

momentum

Postby momentum » 07 Apr 2011

I found that Alert TAB. Thanks.

CPU usage is always less than 20% with quad core during trading. I can only get to 100% during optimisation.

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 07 Apr 2011

Anyone autotrading this beta? ....

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 07 Apr 2011

Yes, testing it out on IB Simulated account without any issues other than custom futures do not work which MC team is aware about.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 07 Apr 2011

Please come to our Live Chat, the CPU usage should be better in MC7 than it was in MC6.

tekram

Postby tekram » 07 Apr 2011

Yes, testing it out on IB Simulated account without any issues other than custom futures do not work which MC team is aware about.
Still no email alert for strategy signals in this version of MC? This is a very useful feature available under TS Trademanager preference setting of TS, allowing exact time and email confirmation of real time alerts and executions in strategies - yes I know you can rewrite strategies as indicators and do email alerts that way in MC.

Stan Bokov

If I try to manually draw an arrow on the last bar (the bar being updated in realtime), the arrow simply disappears.

Bug?
I was unable to reproduce this on our machines. In and our of Snap mode, arrows draw fine on contract bars. If you can reproduce, can you come to Live Chat to show us?

TJ

Postby TJ » 07 Apr 2011

Bug?
I was unable to reproduce this on our machines. In and our of Snap mode, arrows draw fine on contract bars. If you can reproduce, can you come to Live Chat to show us?
I can duplicate the bug.

MC7 has a new way of scaling future time in non-time-based charts. (ie the time scale to the right of the bars)

In the old MC, the future time is fixed at 1 second interval, regardless of chart resolution.
In the new beta, the time is projected/prorated with the ticks of the current bar.
When the tick increases, the time scale increments, thus the arrow disappears with the "disappeared" time slot.

This new behavior caused major problem to some of my studies; I had to rewrite a portion of my code to accommodate this new problem.

In my studies, I need to draw lines and text into the blanks space to the right of the current time,
this new time scale method will shift the drawing object because the time will shift with every new tick.

My recommendation to MultiCharts is to revert the time scale to the old method.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 07 Apr 2011

Please come to our Live Chat, the CPU usage should be better in MC7 than it was in MC6.
Thank you Stan. I deleted the program and re-installed it to a new directory: the "pegged at 100% CPU utilization" issue seems much better. However, during this mornings high volume period CPU utilization was quite high with tsServer.exe taking a lot of CPU. The setup I have is pretty minimal, with few symbols, few charts, a few indicators each updating end of bar only, with 5 minute bar chart being the lowest compression. Will most likely revisit this later. Thanks again.

Stan Bokov

We just discovered an interesting behavior, which concerns those of you who use IB. We would like to seek your opinion on what to do. We have heard reports that IB PnL is slow to update, and we found out why.

IB and some other programs calculate the PnL by comparing your entry price to the last TRADE price. We on the other hand thought it conceptually proper to compare your entry price to the price which allows you to exit your position, i.e. if you are long, PnL is the distance from the entryprice to the bestask, and if you are short the PnL is the entryprice to bestbid. The reason is this - it gives you a more realistic picture. If you compare the PnL to the last Trade, but there is a huge spread, it may appear to you that you have, let's say $2000 profit. You see this $2000 profit, and all exited, you close - but because the spread is huge you end up breakeven, or even with a loss. This is an extreme example, but that's what caused us to do it this way.

The problem comes from this, we pulled up the Times and Sales in Interactive Brokers TWS and the LAST field is updated much more frequently than the ask and the bid fields (about 5 times more often). So, it takes us a while until the next ask or bid comes.

The million dollar question is - do we keep it the way it is, or match IB?
-If we keep it the way it is, it's more accurate in our opinion, but it doesn't match IB and updates slower than IB.
-If we match IB, the updates and matching will be solved, but it won't be as accurate as we think it deserves to be.

Your opinions?

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 07 Apr 2011

-If we keep it the way it is, it's more accurate in our opinion, but it doesn't match IB and updates slower than IB.
-If we match IB, the updates and matching will be solved, but it won't be as accurate as we think it deserves to be.

Your opinions?
I vote for the second - matching IB's.

Sa

arnie

Postby arnie » 08 Apr 2011

I actually would like to keep it like the way it is right now. Is definitely more accurate. We get the real PnL, the best bid or ask at which the trade will be closed.

SP

Postby SP » 08 Apr 2011

I too prefer the calculation like it is at the moment. Buttontrader does it the same way, showing the PnL if you get out with a market order.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 08 Apr 2011

Realistic PnL is always better and I think, best leave it in its current form.
Last edited by SUPER on 08 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 08 Apr 2011

In my opinion users should be able to pick - that's the spirit of MultiCharts. The challenge is NOT to create so many features that users drown in them. In the case of PnL, I think we will allow both modes of calculations (stored in IB broker profile), and you can choose which one you like.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 08 Apr 2011

Simple question,

When I open a second instance of MC, I would like the chart trading not to connect to the broker that the first instance is connected to. ( this is choosing to only have one broker open at that time )
At this moment when I open one instance of MC and connect to IB, I then open a second instance of MC and the chart trader is already connected to IB. When I disconnect the second instance the first instance of MC gets disconnected...

In the manage broker profile, if disconnect is selected, all charts and instances are disconnected not just the one instance or chart I would like to disconnect.

Also ( and this may not be possible ) If I have multiple charts open in one instance , all the chart trading gets connected to the same broker. ( again choosing to only have one broker open at the time ) is it possible to only connect one chart to the broker and disable connecting the other charts ? at this time if I disable a connection to broker on another chart, all charts disconnect at once.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 08 Apr 2011

Clone Drawing Issue of TrendLines

May this issue was already found. I don't know, that's why I'm posting it.

If you try to clone a trendline in a chart which is set with linear-scale, you will not get an exactly 'cloned' or 'parallel' line. Please take a look on the attached chart :

TrendLine (1) ==> Original
TrendLine (2) ==> 'Cloned' and moved trendline from original (1)
TrendLine (3) ==> 'Cloned' and not moved trendline from original (1) ....

In version MC6 I haven't experienced this issue. I know there is another drawing tool called "Parallel Line' ... But which one to use ? And for what I need to clone a trendline if I can use this 'parallel line' tool. Makes no sense. I would like to keep the old style just to clone trendlines. But please on a right way.

Thanks.

Mike
Attachments
MultiCharts - CloneDraw_2011-04-08_19-40-57.png
(59.37 KiB) Downloaded 5514 times

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 08 Apr 2011

We just discovered an interesting behavior, which concerns those of you who use IB. We would like to seek your opinion on what to do. We have heard reports that IB PnL is slow to update, and we found out why.

IB and some other programs calculate the PnL by comparing your entry price to the last TRADE price. We on the other hand thought it conceptually proper to compare your entry price to the price which allows you to exit your position, i.e. if you are long, PnL is the distance from the entryprice to the bestask, and if you are short the PnL is the entryprice to bestbid. The reason is this - it gives you a more realistic picture. If you compare the PnL to the last Trade, but there is a huge spread, it may appear to you that you have, let's say $2000 profit. You see this $2000 profit, and all exited, you close - but because the spread is huge you end up breakeven, or even with a loss. This is an extreme example, but that's what caused us to do it this way.

The problem comes from this, we pulled up the Times and Sales in Interactive Brokers TWS and the LAST field is updated much more frequently than the ask and the bid fields (about 5 times more often). So, it takes us a while until the next ask or bid comes.

Your opinions?

Dear Stan ....

you wrote :

Code: Select all

We on the other hand thought it conceptually proper to compare your entry price to the price which allows you to exit your position, i.e. if you are long, PnL is the distance from the entryprice to the bestask, and if you are short the PnL is the entryprice to bestbid. The reason is this - it gives you a more realistic picture
I think this is the wrong way from the practical and realistic standpoint. I would say the right style is :

LONG ==> P/L based on the best Bid (because this is the price where you 'can be sure' to be executed only => Best Ask doesn't mean to have a realistic chance to get filled)

SHORT ==> P/L based on the best Ask (same reason like Long-position)

A more sophisticated way, which I haven't seen in the industry, would be to compare the size of your position with the size of contracts of the best Bid (if long) and best Ask (if short). If your size of position could be filled on the best Bid/Ask then calculate the position size which is held with the soecific side of the market. If your position size will not fit with the size of best Bid/Ask, then calculate the P/L with the size which could executed on the best Bid/Ask together with the size which could executed on the 2nd best Bid/Ask. Like you calculate 'Volume'-bars. Hope explanation is clear enough.

But don't be greedy ;o) ..... Regards.

Mike
Last edited by piranhaxp on 08 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 08 Apr 2011

Simple question,

When I open a second instance of MC, I would like the chart trading not to connect to the broker that the first instance is connected to. ( this is choosing to only have one broker open at that time )
At this moment when I open one instance of MC and connect to IB, I then open a second instance of MC and the chart trader is already connected to IB. When I disconnect the second instance the first instance of MC gets disconnected...

In the manage broker profile, if disconnect is selected, all charts and instances are disconnected not just the one instance or chart I would like to disconnect.

Also ( and this may not be possible ) If I have multiple charts open in one instance , all the chart trading gets connected to the same broker. ( again choosing to only have one broker open at the time ) is it possible to only connect one chart to the broker and disable connecting the other charts ? at this time if I disable a connection to broker on another chart, all charts disconnect at once.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Hi TIKITRADER,

Currently if a profile is connected, it's connected in all instances of MC, for all charts, etc. Right now you cannot disconnect a profile in one instance, and connect it in another. If you would like to see that happen, please add a feature request in the PM along with your reasoning why that would be a better way.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 08 Apr 2011

annoyance: on a chart on which you have just inserted a "Signal", if you then go --> insert "Study", the open Tab is for Signal and not Study (or vice versa - when you go to insert, whatever you did last is the Tab that is active); and if Signal and Study names are similar, can insert a Signal when intend to insert a Study. This may not happen all of the time but it definitely happens some of the time. Would be nice to have that fixed so that if you want to insert a Signal, the Signal Tab is active.

momentum

Postby momentum » 09 Apr 2011

+1

This has been an issue for the last few releases.

marmun

Postby marmun » 09 Apr 2011

I have installed MC7 Beta1 and connected to Interactive Brokers Demo system. When I start the DOM, the following two things are happening:

1. The DOM lags Booktrader by approx half a second.

2. When I try to place a trade using the DOM, I can see the order momentarily but it instantly disappears. Curiously, if I place the order via TWS first, I can see the order in the DOM, and I can even modify it successfully, but I am unable to initiate a new order via the DOM.
Is anyone else having this problem and/or knows how to resolve it?

radekj

No Realtime updates of data for IB, iqfeed and DDE

Postby radekj » 11 Apr 2011

After installing MC7 beta1 under Windows XP pro SP3 x86
i dont get realtime updates of data.

Tested with IB, Iqfeed and DDE.

ciao
radekj

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 11 Apr 2011

annoyance: on a chart on which you have just inserted a "Signal", if you then go --> insert "Study", the open Tab is for Signal and not Study (or vice versa - when you go to insert, whatever you did last is the Tab that is active); and if Signal and Study names are similar, can insert a Signal when intend to insert a Study. This may not happen all of the time but it definitely happens some of the time. Would be nice to have that fixed so that if you want to insert a Signal, the Signal Tab is active.
Not sure what you mean. Both indicators and signals are 'studies', when you right-click on a chart, there is only one option - Insert Study. The tab for whatever you inserted last is active, if you inserted in indicator, the indicator tab is active, and if you inserted a signal last, then the signal tab is active. What should be changed here?

Stan Bokov

Bug?
I can duplicate the bug.

MC7 has a new way of scaling future time in non-time-based charts. (ie the time scale to the right of the bars)

In the old MC, the future time is fixed at 1 second interval, regardless of chart resolution.
In the new beta, the time is projected/prorated with the ticks of the current bar.
When the tick increases, the time scale increments, thus the arrow disappears with the "disappeared" time slot.

This new behavior caused major problem to some of my studies; I had to rewrite a portion of my code to accommodate this new problem.

In my studies, I need to draw lines and text into the blanks space to the right of the current time,
this new time scale method will shift the drawing object because the time will shift with every new tick.

My recommendation to MultiCharts is to revert the time scale to the old method.
We reproduced and documented the arrows bug. As for the lines, we can't nail it. Can you come to Live Chat and show us, or attach a script that will do that?

Stan Bokov

Re: No Realtime updates of data for IB, iqfeed and DDE

After installing MC7 beta1 under Windows XP pro SP3 x86
i dont get realtime updates of data.

Tested with IB, Iqfeed and DDE.

ciao
radekj
Thanks, we will look into this.

Stan Bokov

I have installed MC7 Beta1 and connected to Interactive Brokers Demo system. When I start the DOM, the following two things are happening:

1. The DOM lags Booktrader by approx half a second.
This was discussed in detail here - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8398. This is caused by the approach used for getting updates form IB.
2. When I try to place a trade using the DOM, I can see the order momentarily but it instantly disappears. Curiously, if I place the order via TWS first, I can see the order in the DOM, and I can even modify it successfully, but I am unable to initiate a new order via the DOM.
Is anyone else having this problem and/or knows how to resolve it?
After examining your machine, we discovered that your symbol mapping was not correct. Orders from DOM were being rejected, as shown in Order and Position Tracker.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 11 Apr 2011

DOM decimal places: a Depth of Market window for YM goes to two decimal places, such as 12,300.00; 12,300.01, 12,300.02.... Maybe I missed how to customize the display, but they way it is now it is not usable. Suggestions please?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 12 Apr 2011

DOM decimal places: a Depth of Market window for YM goes to two decimal places, such as 12,300.00; 12,300.01, 12,300.02.... Maybe I missed how to customize the display, but they way it is now it is not usable. Suggestions please?
Hi,

For now, you can change the number of decimal points by changing the Price Scale and the Big Point Value in the QuoteManager. You didn't mention who your data feed is, but you may be using Zen-Fire (since most of the other ones already come with proper settings). In MC7 beta 2, we have introduced a separate Symbol Dictionary for Zen-Fire with accurate settings, and a Symbol Lookup - you no longer will need to add symbols manually. If you add your YM symbol through the wizard in beta2, you are guaranteed to have the proper settings.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 12 Apr 2011

Hi,

For now, you can change the number of decimal points by changing the Price Scale and the Big Point Value in the QuoteManager. You didn't mention who your data feed is, but you may be using Zen-Fire (since most of the other ones already come with proper settings). In MC7 beta 2, we have introduced a separate Symbol Dictionary for Zen-Fire with accurate settings, and a Symbol Lookup - you no longer will need to add symbols manually. If you add your YM symbol through the wizard in beta2, you are guaranteed to have the proper settings.
Thank you Stan. That worked.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 13 Apr 2011

When I connect MC beta 7 to IB live, not the sim... the account selector for IB keeps changing to "all ".
In sim mode I can select a sub account and trade that sub account. In live IB - MC 7 beta connection I cannot select a sub account as it switches IB accounts to "all" which includes an IB master account that is funded for data purposes only, sub is for trades.
At this time orders are submitted into all account. When MC is disconnected I can the select sub account from IB easily.

Is there something I am doing incorrectly or is this a bug?

Thanks !

j-ventura

Postby j-ventura » 13 Apr 2011

I have been trying out MC7 with OEC Trader 3.5 (Open e-cry). I notice that if I open MC first and then try to open OEC Trader, OEC Trader thinks I have multiple instances running and logs off. If I open OEC Trader first then MC I don't encounter the issue.

Allow remoting is enabled for OEC and MC.

Thanks,
James

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 14 Apr 2011

When I connect MC beta 7 to IB live, not the sim... the account selector for IB keeps changing to "all ".
In sim mode I can select a sub account and trade that sub account. In live IB - MC 7 beta connection I cannot select a sub account as it switches IB accounts to "all" which includes an IB master account that is funded for data purposes only, sub is for trades.
At this time orders are submitted into all account. When MC is disconnected I can the select sub account from IB easily.

Thanks !
Hi TIKITRADER,

We tried on a live account, couldn't reproduce it. Could you make a couple of screenshots, or better yet, a short video?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 14 Apr 2011

I have been trying out MC7 with OEC Trader 3.5 (Open e-cry). I notice that if I open MC first and then try to open OEC Trader, OEC Trader thinks I have multiple instances running and logs off. If I open OEC Trader first then MC I don't encounter the issue.

Allow remoting is enabled for OEC and MC.

Thanks,
James
Allow remoting is not a fail-proof solution. For ideal performance, you should use two separate logins from OEC, if you want to use MC and OEC Trader at the same time.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 14 Apr 2011

Thanks !
Hi TIKITRADER,

We tried on a live account, couldn't reproduce it. Could you make a couple of screenshots, or better yet, a short video?

Ok will do. I made a short video and will pm it to you.

I have experienced a number of disconnects between IB and MC today live.
The api is connected fine, but some orders were rejected and when I looked at the log there was a disconnect between IB and MC. I did experience this a few days ago also, restarted that day and it was fine.
Today I restarted and it was still a problem so I contacted IB to make sure everything was ok. IB had no problems, all was fine.
Attached are some of the messages I had received when orders were rejected.
Attachments
not supported.png
(23.33 KiB) Downloaded 5508 times

TIKITRADER

Here is the log that shows a disconnect to IB live.
Attachments
log april 14 2011.png
(10.44 KiB) Downloaded 5506 times

TIKITRADER

Also I would like to know if this can be changed.
When opening a new chart, or when opening a new workspace, the MC account selector displays two different accounts, one account in the chart trader and a different account above chart.
If the account selector can open the same account in all selections on the chart it would be better. I would like to avoid accidentally placing an order in an account that I did not wish to select.

Thanks !
Attachments
account selection mc.png
(60.99 KiB) Downloaded 5504 times

Djinn

Postby Djinn » 15 Apr 2011

Hi,

For now, you can change the number of decimal points by changing the Price Scale and the Big Point Value in the QuoteManager. You didn't mention who your data feed is, but you may be using Zen-Fire (since most of the other ones already come with proper settings). In MC7 beta 2, we have introduced a separate Symbol Dictionary for Zen-Fire with accurate settings, and a Symbol Lookup - you no longer will need to add symbols manually. If you add your YM symbol through the wizard in beta2, you are guaranteed to have the proper settings.[/quote]

Hi Stan,

Is the MC7 Beta 2 already available or when approx do you expect it will be?

Thanks

Djinn

Hi,

Sry Found it thanks!

Hi Stan,

Thanks[/quote]

arnie

Postby arnie » 15 Apr 2011

Thanks
You really should read the forum more often :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8464

Djinn

Hi,

Sry Found it thanks!

Hi Stan,

Thanks
[/quote]

Arnie, Yeah thanks thats why i wrote "Sry Found it thanks" above.

Return to “MultiCharts”