Removing incorrect trades from chart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
NW27

Removing incorrect trades from chart

Postby NW27 » 14 Apr 2011

Hi All,

I'm a licensed user and use IB for data and broker.
I've been doing some trades with MC7 and all was well, they were showing on the chart with the entry and exit text displayed on the chart.
On the IB professional TWS platform, there are a series of tabs. You can create new tabs by clicking on the "+" small tab symbol. I then created a new tab called "completed orders".
When the tab was created MC copied all of the orders onto the MC chart screen and they all appear in one vertical row. They were all at different prices but all at the same time (Time=when I created the tab).

How do I get rid of these incorrect orders from my chart?

Obviously, I want to keep my actual trades on the chart, just not the vertical group of trades.

Hopefully there is a JPG file attached showing the issue.

Neil.
Attachments
Vertical trades.jpg
(155 KiB) Downloaded 370 times

Stan Bokov

Re: Removing incorrect trades from chart

Postby Stan Bokov » 15 Apr 2011

Hi All,

I'm a licensed user and use IB for data and broker.
I've been doing some trades with MC7 and all was well, they were showing on the chart with the entry and exit text displayed on the chart.
On the IB professional TWS platform, there are a series of tabs. You can create new tabs by clicking on the "+" small tab symbol. I then created a new tab called "completed orders".
When the tab was created MC copied all of the orders onto the MC chart screen and they all appear in one vertical row. They were all at different prices but all at the same time (Time=when I created the tab).

How do I get rid of these incorrect orders from my chart?

Obviously, I want to keep my actual trades on the chart, just not the vertical group of trades.

Hopefully there is a JPG file attached showing the issue.

Neil.
What is your chart resolution? It's possible that all trades that you have on that bar really happened in that time period. Try looking at a smaller resolution.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 15 Apr 2011

Hi,

I'm looking at 5 min bars and these are trades that have happened earlier in the day.

When looking on the "Order and Position Tracker" screen, they all (10) have the date&Time of 14/04/2011 2:33:25PM. This is when I created the order history tab in TWS.
In the "OCO ID" column I have duplicates ie the actual trade at 10:39AM and the duplicate at 2:33PM.

Neil.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 18 Apr 2011

Please come to Live Chat so we can take a look at your configuration. It's hard to say what's happening over the forum.

Return to “MultiCharts”