MC 7 Beta 2 - Questions/Issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TJ

Postby TJ » 14 Apr 2011

Dear users,

Please keep in mind that MultiCharts 7 is still in Beta testing. We strongly recommend you to test it on sim accounts. If you decide that it is stable enough to trade on you real account, supervising is absolutely mandatory. The application is in the development stage and it has not been tested enough in real environment.

MultiCharts Team

TIKITRADER

Re: MC 7 Beta 2 - Questions/Issues

Postby TIKITRADER » 14 Apr 2011

When I shut down and opened MC7 beta 2 it would not launch. Then closed MC and looked at task manager. There were MC processes open although MC was closed.
Ended each process and was able to launch mc again.
Attachments
processes mc.png
(22.89 KiB) Downloaded 2187 times

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 14 Apr 2011

ok, Did give it a try multiple times and processes are running after closing MC. At times when I did get MC running it freezes and screen goes white.
I had all problems while connected to Ib sim, Ib gateway, Ib live.
Attachments
white screen.png
(26.11 KiB) Downloaded 2192 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 15 Apr 2011

There were MC processes open although MC was closed.
TIKITRADER,

This issue has already been reported, however, we are not able to reproduce it on our end. Once the issue occurs again, please do not end the processes and come to our Live Chat so we can connect to your computer remotely for investigation.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 15 Apr 2011

This may be an issue also. MC7 beta 2
Running ib gateway sim mode to try out again this morning. I connected fine and placed a sim trade.
Logged off to see if there was a problem with the processes. Opened MC up and attempted to connect to IB. Processes at this time were fine another problem surfaced.
Although MC connected to IB and highlighted green, the buttons are disabled on the chart trader. I then check on IB that already has a checkmark next to it and the buttons become enabled, but then there is not an account to place a trade to. The account selector remains blank.

See jing video attached

http://www.screencast.com/t/QkjgW3IZj

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 15 Apr 2011

Spent a quite a bit of time this morning with support to fix the issue with the processes. A fix was applied, now looks to have not worked.
Processes are running and MC is closed about 3:15 est on an IB sim connection.
Beta2 is experiencing some problems at this time.

arnie

Postby arnie » 17 Apr 2011

I was compiling a study while plotted on the chart when this error occurred;

After sending the reports of these errors, a couple of more were created while trying to exit MC.

Attachments
MC_error.gif
(44.69 KiB) Downloaded 2542 times

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 17 Apr 2011

Still not able to plot Custom Continuous Future contract symbol DAX-exchange DTB, thouhgt this should have been resolved in beta2.

arnie

Postby arnie » 18 Apr 2011

It seems there's a bug in PLE.

I've tried to make a video, but Jing don't like multiple monitors since it crashes everytime I open it. Maybe it doesn't know which monitor to capture, anyway...

Open a study, a compiled one.
Change something on it.

What happened? Is that study still indicates it's compiled or not?
Mine does.

Every change I do in a study it's always compiled. I need to make hard changes for PLE recognize the changes so I'm able to compile it.

I'm getting pretty frustrated here with this.

I never notice if this was happening with beta1.

arnie

I'm having another problem here with beta 2, MC crashes everytime I try to connect to IB, broker, not datafeed.

I didn't change any configuration.
All continues the same, as in beta 1.

arnie

I'm having another problem here with beta 2, MC crashes everytime I try to connect to IB, broker, not datafeed.

It seems MC was waiting for me to write about this problem here in the forum to be able to connect again :oops:

All is up and running again.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 18 Apr 2011

It seems there's a bug in PLE.

I've tried to make a video, but Jing don't like multiple monitors since it crashes everytime I open it. Maybe it doesn't know which monitor to capture, anyway...

Open a study, a compiled one.
Change something on it.

What happened? Is that study still indicates it's compiled or not?
Mine does.

Every change I do in a study it's always compiled. I need to make hard changes for PLE recognize the changes so I'm able to compile it.

I'm getting pretty frustrated here with this.

I never notice if this was happening with beta1.
Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I just tried it on MC7 B2 - opened a compiled signal and then an indicator - any change causes the COMPILED sign to go away. SAVED goes away also, but now it gets saved pretty often, so that comes back. Can you come show us? A video will not be as useful, we may need to look at your machine settings...

Stan Bokov

It seems MC was waiting for me to write about this problem here in the forum to be able to connect again :oops:

All is up and running again.
Thanks for following up. For me, software always waits until I call someone to show them the problem - and then it's gone. Or something that always works goes all awry during important presentations (but always important ones) :)

Stan Bokov

Still not able to plot Custom Continuous Future contract symbol DAX-exchange DTB, thouhgt this should have been resolved in beta2.
Did you post more details about this somewhere else? If not, please post exactly what you are trying to do (which contracts, time frames, data source, etc) and what's not working.

Stan Bokov

This may be an issue also. MC7 beta 2
Running ib gateway sim mode to try out again this morning. I connected fine and placed a sim trade.
Logged off to see if there was a problem with the processes. Opened MC up and attempted to connect to IB. Processes at this time were fine another problem surfaced.
Although MC connected to IB and highlighted green, the buttons are disabled on the chart trader. I then check on IB that already has a checkmark next to it and the buttons become enabled, but then there is not an account to place a trade to. The account selector remains blank.

See jing video attached

http://www.screencast.com/t/QkjgW3IZj
Is this issue reproducible and still present?

Stan Bokov

Spent a quite a bit of time this morning with support to fix the issue with the processes. A fix was applied, now looks to have not worked.
If the fix DID NOT work, please come again to the Live Chat. I know, using a beta can be frustrating at times, but we really do value your input and helping make our program better for the future.

arnie

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I just tried it on MC7 B2 - opened a compiled signal and then an indicator - any change causes the COMPILED sign to go away. SAVED goes away also, but now it gets saved pretty often, so that comes back. Can you come show us? A video will not be as useful, we may need to look at your machine settings...
Hi Stan

I've just talk with Andrew through Live Chat and he confirmed, it's a bug.

The only way to resolved the issue for the time being if to leave a empty line between line codes so Compile can be available, otherwise PLE will assume the study to be compiled and you will not be able to execute the study with your most recent changes.

Like I said Stan, I was going to make a video of it, but Jing software crashes everytime I try to open it. I'm assuming that it has issues with a setup of multiple monitors.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 18 Apr 2011

If the fix DID NOT work, please come again to the Live Chat. I know, using a beta can be frustrating at times, but we really do value your input and helping make our program better for the future.
No frustration, glad to see this going in a good direction for the platform.

At this moment MC froze, no response at all. I closed down and cannot start it again due to processes running in the task manager. I will connect to live help so you may have an opportunity to see what is happening.
This is on IB sim.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 18 Apr 2011

Like I said Stan, I was going to make a video of it, but Jing software crashes everytime I try to open it. I'm assuming that it has issues with a setup of multiple monitors.

Hi Arnie,

To use jing I find it best to make the sample small, reduce the window to capture, then use jing as a rectangle and capture just enough of the window to illustrate.
I run multiple monitors also.
Jing is useful to show your issues ... make sure sample small as possible and it should be fine.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 18 Apr 2011

I occasionally get this bad data stream label using beta2. (data is ok, only the label is bad)
Attachments
MC_Bad Data Stream.jpg
(41.85 KiB) Downloaded 2198 times

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 19 Apr 2011

Did you post more details about this somewhere else? If not, please post exactly what you are trying to do (which contracts, time frames, data source, etc) and what's not working.
It is working now, I had to reset symbols from scratch.

momentum

Re: MC 7 Beta 2 - Questions/Issues - Manually Moving Targets

Postby momentum » 19 Apr 2011

When I drag an order on a chart that was placed there by a strategy, on the next bar MC puts it back where the strategy originally put it.

Is this by design and is there a way I can override strategy's stops and target without having to switch the strategy off?

Stan Bokov

Re: MC 7 Beta 2 - Questions/Issues - Manually Moving Targets

Postby Stan Bokov » 19 Apr 2011

When I drag an order on a chart that was placed there by a strategy, on the next bar MC puts it back where the strategy originally put it.

Is this by design and is there a way I can override strategy's stops and target without having to switch the strategy off?
It's because the script has the same conditions as it did on the previous bar, it checks them, check the order (which you moved). It does not find the order. Therefore it cancels them, and puts them back where it thinks they belong. If you always want to adjust the orders, you can, for instance, add a check/flag to run a calculation only once ever, or some other condition - then the strategy will not replace the order once you move it.

Jesh

Postby Jesh » 19 Apr 2011

When using the DOM with IB my PnL is not showing correctly. MC doesn't match what IB shows and updates much slower than IB.

Are there any options to have the MC PnL show the same PnL as IB during a trade? It looks like MC is using a different calculation.

Also below are my additional requests for the DOM which are available in other platforms:

- Option to highlight the Best Bid price
- Options to change the color of the DOM
- Option to highlight the High and Low of the session

arnie

Postby arnie » 19 Apr 2011

Are there any options to have the MC PnL show the same PnL as IB during a trade? It looks like MC is using a different calculation.
Removed from here:

https://www.multicharts.com/traders-blog/?p=245
...There was an extensive discussion about Open PnL from Interactive Brokers being slow to update. The reason was that we calculated Open PnL based on the distance from your current position to the best ask, or the best bid, depending on the position. Asks and bids in IB update less than trade values, which is why the PnL was slow to update, even though we consider it to be more realistic. There is now a new radio button in the Interactive Brokers settings, which lets you choose how to calculate Open PnL – based on the distance to trades, or to bestask/bestbids (latter option is the default)...

Jesh

Postby Jesh » 19 Apr 2011

...There was an extensive discussion about Open PnL from Interactive Brokers being slow to update. The reason was that we calculated Open PnL based on the distance from your current position to the best ask, or the best bid, depending on the position. Asks and bids in IB update less than trade values, which is why the PnL was slow to update, even though we consider it to be more realistic. There is now a new radio button in the Interactive Brokers settings, which lets you choose how to calculate Open PnL – based on the distance to trades, or to bestask/bestbids (latter option is the default)...
[/quote]

Thanks, I was looking for the option in Quote manager and noticed that it's under the Broker Profile settings.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 19 Apr 2011

Gave a try and tested a live trade on MC7beta 2.

Some buttons are disabled on chart trader and objects missing.
see attached.

Dave, thank you and also to the MC staff.
Attachments
live trade mc7 beta 2.png
(62.25 KiB) Downloaded 2184 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 19 Apr 2011

Gave a try and tested a live trade on MC7beta 2.

Some buttons are disabled on chart trader and objects missing.
see attached.
Unfortunately for now MC orders will only be recognized by charts that are being feed by the broker.

That's way you cannot see the orders on the chart, you are not giving orders on the brokers chart.

Experiment opening a chart directly from your broker and give an order. There you'll be able to move the strategies directly on the chart.

More in here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8394

Where Stan said the following:
You have touched upon an important point. Previously (and currently) MultiCharts is capable of doing 'one-way' symbol mapping - from the chart to the broker. For instance, MultiCharts is capable of translating an eSignal instrument into IB symbology and placing an order on IB. However, a 'two-way' symbol mapping is required if we are to receive an order confirmation from IB and draw it on the eSignal chart. It is rather difficult to map out different patterns of behavior, and to implement it. However, we are hoping this can be done by the release.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 19 Apr 2011

TIKITRADER,

Please make sure that you do not have an open position at your broker. We have just experienced the similar issue in our office environment and are working on it at the moment. Please note that it is a Beta version so supervision is absolutely mandatory.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 19 Apr 2011

Here is an issue on the order and position tracker.

Sim trade- IB, order and position tracker shows no open position although the IB platform shows there is an open order.
See jing

http://www.screencast.com/users/TraderC ... fbea4d1355

Dave, thanks for warning. I traded with IB platform open for control. Also already closed down MC for live connection and continuing sim....

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 20 Apr 2011

Sim trade- IB, order and position tracker shows no open position although the IB platform shows there is an open order.
See jing

http://www.screencast.com/users/TraderC ... fbea4d1355
TIKITRADER,

We have experienced the same issue on our end but failed to localize the reason of the issue. If the issue occurs again, please send us log files before restarting MultiCharts.

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
You should paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.

Return to “MultiCharts”