Drawings lost if upgrading to Mutlichart ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fpa75

Drawings lost if upgrading to Mutlichart ?

Postby fpa75 » 13 Apr 2011

Hello,

I use MultichartsDT 7 beta. I have made several studies, including trendlines and other drawings. I have read on this forum that we can use Multicharts and MultichartDT on the same machine, they are independents. So, If I buy Multichart latter, will it be possible to keep the drawing ? Or do we lose anything we have done in MultichartDT ?

Best regards.

rondot samuel ws

Re: Drawings lost if upgrading to Mutlichart ?

Postby rondot samuel ws » 13 Apr 2011

Hello,

drawing are on workspace. Ifyou use your own workspace, there a not modify by install.

Just make a safe copy regulary for avoid any problem

regards
Hello,

I use MultichartsDT 7 beta. I have made several studies, including trendlines and other drawings. I have read on this forum that we can use Multicharts and MultichartDT on the same machine, they are independents. So, If I buy Multichart latter, will it be possible to keep the drawing ? Or do we lose anything we have done in MultichartDT ?

Best regards.

Stan Bokov

Re: Drawings lost if upgrading to Mutlichart ?

Postby Stan Bokov » 21 Apr 2011

Hello,

Best regards.
The programs are completely separate - meaning what you do in one does not affect the other. However, the workspace files (WSP) files can be shared among the programs. The workspace you create and save in MCDT, can be opened in MultiCharts (even at the same time). Drawings and basic indicators and strategies are common across the platforms - so any drawing or indicator or strategy that is present in both programs will be displayed the same, no matter which program you open it in. However, if in full MC you create a custom indicator/strategy and you try to open the same workspace in MCDT, the signal will not be active and its status will be Unverified.

In short, if you add drawings in one (such as trendlines), they will be available on your workspace in the other program.

Return to “MultiCharts”