Missing Root Symbol for Australian SPI Futures

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
icemanmelb

Missing Root Symbol for Australian SPI Futures

Postby icemanmelb » 09 May 2011

Hi All,
I'm having issues creating a Root Symbol for the Australian SPI Future in MultiCharts. I was wondering if someone could help me with it.

Im doing that so I could create a continuous chart of the SPI. Im successful in creating one for the YM and ES symbol but for some unknown reason, it doesn't work as well in the Australian SPI Symbol.

I suspect it could be due to the different week of the expiry for the Australian SPI Future but Im not sure. Perhaps someone could assist me?

http://www.asx.com.au/products/asx-spi- ... mation.htm

Stan Bokov

Re: Missing Root Symbol for Australian SPI Futures

Postby Stan Bokov » 17 May 2011

You can create your own symbol root for whatever futures contract you like. Go to QuoteManager > Tools > Symbol Dictionary > Choose provider > click Add.

icemanmelb

Postby icemanmelb » 18 May 2011

You can create your own symbol root for whatever futures contract you like. Go to QuoteManager > Tools > Symbol Dictionary > Choose provider > click Add.
It just doesn't work is IB I've tried it a few times. The current month is APM1.. and I've followed the instructions without success.

Paul

icemanmelb

Postby icemanmelb » 18 May 2011

It just doesn't work is IB I've tried it a few times. The current month is APM1.. and I've followed the instructions without success.

Paul

Just to add that I've no issues with ES or YM though. Just not AP Australian SPI Contract on IB..

Paul

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 19 May 2011

Paul
It should work if you add the Symbol Root correctly. Check the proper settings with IB, and then enter them into MultiCharts.

icemanmelb

Postby icemanmelb » 23 Oct 2011

It should work if you add the Symbol Root correctly. Check the proper settings with IB, and then enter them into MultiCharts.
Ive tried it a number of times without success... so I am still stuck with IB's TWS platform and MultiCharts Discretionary Trader...

Not sure if anyone else is having issues with the SFE's SPI Continuous Chart

Paul

Return to “MultiCharts”