ASCII Data and Holidays

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
t-rader

ASCII Data and Holidays

Postby t-rader » 17 May 2011

Hi All,

I have imported forex data into Quote Manager using the ACSII import and have noticed that its displaying 25/05 and the 01/01 as just straight lines.

These are holidays but why are they being displayed? Shouldnt Multicharts cut them out? I have set a holiday list in quote manager but this doesnt seem to cut them out even though these dates are listed in the holiday list.

How do I cut these out using quote manager?

I don't want to leave them in as one of my systems has executed a trade on this day and also this will mess with indicators such as moving averages.

See screenshot for example of what I am talking about.

The data I've imported is minute data from Dukascopy.

Cheers,
Attachments
holidays.JPG
(122.93 KiB) Downloaded 440 times

t-rader

Re: ASCII Data and Holidays

Postby t-rader » 18 May 2011

Ok so nobody has had this issue or knows how to fix this the correct way through quote manager without me having to edit the ACSII files and manually removing the entries for these dates?

TJ

Postby TJ » 18 May 2011

Ok so nobody has had this issue or knows how to fix this the correct way through quote manager without me having to edit the ACSII files and manually removing the entries for these dates?
at MultiCharts, press [F1]

do a search on the "Holiday".

You will find the options and instructions on holidays.

t-rader

Postby t-rader » 19 May 2011

Hi TJ, I appreciate your reply and as per my first post I have set a holiday list on the 'exchange & ecn' settings but your response has led me to find the problem. When I click tools holidays there is a little check box that says 'Do not use holidays'. I guess this is there incase you want to disable holidays across multiple exchange & ecn settings.

Cheers,

Return to “MultiCharts”