MC 7 Beta 3 - Questions/Issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

MC 7 Beta 3 - Questions/Issues

Postby arnie » 22 Apr 2011

Let's concentrate all posts relating to beta 3 in one thread for easy reference

arnie

Re: MC 7 Beta 3 - Questions/Issues

Postby arnie » 22 Apr 2011

Something weird is happening here.

Can any one open a couple of volume bar charts (my feed is eSignal) to see if beta 3 opens them?

I'm having problems with volume bar charts.
Some times they are loaded, but other times they are not. MC just stays there, waiting for data. Even closing the workspace and reopen it, the problem continues.

I need to close MC entirely, for volume bar charts to be loaded again.

Regards,
Fernando

TJ

Postby TJ » 22 Apr 2011

Something weird is happening here.

Can any one open a couple of volume bar charts (my feed is eSignal) to see if beta 3 opens them?

I'm having problems with volume bar charts.
Some times they are loaded, but other times they are not. MC just stays there, waiting for data. Even closing the workspace and reopen it, the problem continues.

I need to close MC entirely, for volume bar charts to be loaded again.

Regards,
Fernando
I can open volume bar charts with no problem.
Only off-line charts... I haven't tried them on-line yet.

arnie

Postby arnie » 23 Apr 2011

I can open volume bar charts with no problem.
Only off-line charts... I haven't tried them on-line yet.
I actually was opening them online.

It's not a question of not being able to open them, I can open them. The problem is when I change their resolution.
Imagine that I open a 500 contract chart, then I change it to 5 min, and them change it once again, this time to... 1000 contract, and MC hangs there... waiting for data...

Maybe eSignal servers were on maintenance? Even so, would this stop MC to load all data, even the historic one that is stored in the PC drive?

Again, this is not happening all the time.
Just now I opened 5 new charts, change their resolution a couple of times and had no problem.

Maybe it was a one time thing...

I'll keep it posted.

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 24 Apr 2011

I have a weird issue with Heikin-Ashi chart types. I have MultiCharts 7b3 installed on two computers and on one I do have less choice regarding Heikin-Ashi chart types (see the attached pictures). For example one computer 1 I cannot select "Point".
Attachments
Archive.zip
screen shots of choices
(63.51 KiB) Downloaded 611 times

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 Apr 2011

I have a weird issue with Heikin-Ashi chart types. I have MultiCharts 7b3 installed on two computers and on one I do have less choice regarding Heikin-Ashi chart types (see the attached pictures). For example one computer 1 I cannot select "Point".
Is this always like this, or was it a glitch? Did you reproduce it? Also, did you use the same data provider and the same symbol?

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 27 Apr 2011

Is this always like this, or was it a glitch? Did you reproduce it? Also, did you use the same data provider and the same symbol?
Yes, it is always like this. But, it are two different data providers. For the one where it is not working the provider is IQFeed the other one is ASCII. I will check later to hook the "working" installation up to IQFeed and see if it is still working...

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 Apr 2011

The error, as it currently stands is actually in the ASCII Mapping data source, where the Point resolution is allowed. According to our technical specs, the Point resolution should NOT be allowed for any data feeds, including ASCII Mapping. I don't know the reason why the specs were made this way, probably because the other exotic chart types don't allow Point resolutions.

If you want to see this allowed, please feature request it in the PM.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 27 Apr 2011

Hi,

I'm using Zenfire datafeed (trial) to test version 7 beta3.

It' s hard to believe what you see from the Zenfire datafeed. May it's a problem with the trial or an internal API problem between MC and Zenfire.

I compared Zenfire tick data with DTNIQ, eSignal, TS and at the end with TT FIX. All feeds are delivering close to "same" T/S data. The stored tick data in the internal database are the same like DTN and others. But tick- and volume charts are looking totally different. For me it looks like that down ticks from the Zenfire feed are multiplied by factor 10 (volume and amount of ticks). For up ticks everything seems to be ok. Anyone experienced the same issue ?

If I calculate the volume of the day via barnumber and barvolume (in my example 3500) Zenfire should store a daily volume of around 2.5million traded contracts. In my example the day started with barnumber 18673 and at the time I made the screenshot barnumber was 19396 ... Difference multiplied by 3500 = 2.530.500 (screenshot : 726493). And the chart speaks for itself.

Would be nice to hear any plausible explanation regarding this issue.

Thanks

Mike
Attachments
MultiCharts - BUND3500 test1_2011-04-27_18-38-30.png
(57.48 KiB) Downloaded 4474 times

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 27 Apr 2011

Hi,

I'm using Zenfire datafeed (trial) to test version 7 beta3.

Anyone experienced the same issue ?
Possibly. I am on ZF and Rithmic data feeds and have had issues with bad ticks in seconds charts, which are accompanied by 'phantom' volume.

ZF data is Rithmic data. Rithmic only provides data to the minute level, so it is my understanding that MultiCharts takes the data that is coming in and assembles/compiles it into tick format for use in volume bar charts and seconds bar charts.

The most common time that I get bad ticks is when I turn Strategy Automation to ON, at which time I often get a bad, erroneous tick bar with a low that is way below the current market. Obviously a fatal flaw for chart Strat trading. Yesterday without doing anything it was just a bad tick fest all day. Right now, it is not so bad but I got some bad ticks earlier.

I originally posted about this issue on April 11 on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8447

Not sure where this issue is going, but what you are seeing sounds possibly similar to what I have seen and am seeing.
Last edited by escamillo on 27 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

piranhaxp

Escamillo ...

many thx for your quick reply. My problem is that I never had this issue with MC 6.

Regards.

Mike

piranhaxp

In the "Scanner" the total volume is shown as the contracts are set up for price scale ....

If you double-click a symbol in the "Scanner" with- or without making any changes and pressing "OK" again, the symbol changes to the 1st symbol in the symbol-list. I think no one likes this ;o)

Regards.

Mike

snoop

Postby snoop » 28 Apr 2011

I haven't been following the beta threads closely so I may be late to the party...

Positive - MC 7 uses significantly less memory than version 6

Negative - maybe I'm not aware, but how do I get rid of the decimals places on total volume in the market scanner. I tried adding a volume study to replace it, but it didn't seem to update properly (usually outside of RTH).

dgss

Postby dgss » 03 May 2011

Today one of my chart suddenly stop moving (am right looking at it when countdown to 0) and then I reload all data, the "Dn Volume" of all history bar become 0.

There is no data collected in QuoteManager when it stop moving.

I am on eSignal, how can I get the Dn Vol back? (Restart MC doesn't work)

I do use a new indicator from BMT today, any chance related to it? But the Dn Vol won't come back when I turn off the indicator.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 03 May 2011

Today one of my chart suddenly stop moving (am right looking at it when countdown to 0) and then I reload all data, the "Dn Volume" of all history bar become 0.
The program must have frozen. Did you check your available computer resources? The volume became zero because you reloaded the chart, and most data providers do not provide historical volume breakdown into upvolume and downvolume. Our TickID makes it possible to accurately chart volume for historical ticks that you collected into your database. Also, with IQFeed it's possible to build historical minute and daily bars out of ticks, which makes it possible to appropriately see up volume and down volume.
The data is saved when you close MultiCharts. If you have hanging processes, it won't save.
I am on eSignal, how can I get the Dn Vol back? (Restart MC doesn't work)
You can't.
I do use a new indicator from BMT today, any chance related to it? But the Dn Vol won't come back when I turn off the indicator.
A looping script may cause a deadlock, but I can't say precisely in this case. If this happens on a regular basis, please save the logs and come to the Live Chat for further investigation.

dgss

The program must have frozen....
MC is not frozen, I have 3 charts, 2 eSignal and 1 IB, IB chart (5 mins) is keep moving while eSignal charts (5 & 15 mins) stop moving.
The data is saved when you close MultiCharts. If you have hanging processes, it won't save.
Even my Symbols are in online mode? I suppose QuoteManager will continue to collect data even MC is hang ??
...Also, with IQFeed it's possible to build historical minute and daily bars out of ticks, which makes it possible to appropriately see up volume and down volume.
Is it hardcoded only for IQFeed? eSignal provide 10 days tick history should work the same way?? (Does the Dn Vol in Renko chart correct?)

If it stop moving again, what's the suggested way to recover it?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 03 May 2011

The feature I described was made for IQFeed only. If this issue happens again, please take your logs and send them to us, and you can also show us the problem in Live Chat. The program should not hang, or stop updating. Another thought occurred to me, check your session settings, maybe your chart ran into a session break. You can try setting your chart to a 24/7 setting to see if there is a difference.

dgss

The feature I described was made for IQFeed only. If this issue happens again, please take your logs and send them to us, and you can also show us the problem in Live Chat. The program should not hang, or stop updating. Another thought occurred to me, check your session settings, maybe your chart ran into a session break. You can try setting your chart to a 24/7 setting to see if there is a difference.
So the only way to ensure my data consistency is to use another third party software like QCollector to collect real time data and import back to QuoteManager?
The session setting is fine, the only thing I changed today is the new indicators....
Please consider adding your described feature for eSignal/other data source while you are promoting MC among asia countries.

johnromeronc

Postby johnromeronc » 04 May 2011

In the DOM it allows you to change the font, which is a good thing, but there is no way to change / increase the column or window size. So the result is that some of the numbers get truncated when you switch to a larger font (needed by us older guys).

More configurations options are needed.
- ability to change colors of many things
- columns, text for each column, etc.

Also in the DOM, I would like to see the option to have totals for the bid / ask columns. IB does this at the top of the window, NT does it right below / above the #'s in the colums. I prefer the NT way, but offset it one row leaving a blank row so it is visually easier to realize it is the total and not the bid / ask at a price level.

irishkev

Postby irishkev » 09 May 2011

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but:

I'm using an ASCII mapped forex dataset. Each time I start the program, I'm having to manually set the date in the 'data range' section of Format Instruments. If I don't manually set the date each time, the charts come up blank. Not that big a deal, just letting you know in case it's a bug.

I'm thrilled with the way the playback feature is working, and the new control buttons and playback speed slider. I'm also happy to see that multi data stream indicators are being calculated properly now.

Kevin

arnie

Postby arnie » 09 May 2011

Hi.

Any ETA regarding the keyboard shortcuts?

Specially the ones that allow us to jump between open workspaces.
Do you guys know the time spent moving the mouse from monitor 8 into monitor 1 just to change to other workspace?
My wrist tendinitis every day complain about the time spent with that damn mouse on my hand.

I understand that adding shortcuts for all major MC tools can be a major task, specially when you are adding all these new "manual trading tools", but at least you could add a couple of ones with every new beta release.

Think this way, if you started to add a couple of keyboard shortcuts in every version since version 5, the time when people started to request them, by now, all major tools were already covered.

Regards,
Fernando

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 10 May 2011

THIS ISSUE REPORTED FROM MY SIDE STILL EXISTS :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8394
There's still following issue. It was "promised" to be fixed in MC7 ;o)

Here the issue :

The <data range> in the <format instrument> windows is still set to calendar dates and not trading days. So if I set it for 2 trading days (to see on Monday the data for Friday &Monday), I still get just the Monday on the chart. Because MC calculates it as calendar dates, which makes no sense. Why? Nobody wants to have a 2 day BUND chart for Monday and Sunday. Further you have to be aware for any holidays and so on.

So please fix this issue until the official release as "promised". Thank you.

Further I experienced that if you change the size of the text in the Scanner from <smaller> to <medium> and want to change it back, both are still "highlighted". (screenshot is attached)

Regards.

Attachments:

MC7b - ScannerMenueBug.png [22.33 KiB]
Downloaded 44 times
Regards.

Mike

arnie

Postby arnie » 10 May 2011

When we plot a time line trendline on a chart, that same line shows a vertical text.

Is it possible to do the same using the available text reserved words (ie. plotting vertical text instead of only horizontal text)?

Actually, it would make no sense having a tool that to that and then not making it available through reserved words.

Plotting/reading horizontal text per bar is a mess when that same text has more than 4 letters.
Going vertical would facilitate this reading.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 13 May 2011

Not able to plot non-time based charts like Kagi, point & figure,renko etc,. with Custom symbols.....error message reads " MessageL Custom Futures settings does not support the chart type Kagi. Please choose a regular chart type. Instrument @DAX Resolution: 1 minute."

Will appreciate clarification.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 16 May 2011

So the only way to ensure my data consistency is to use another third party software like QCollector to collect real time data and import back to QuoteManager?
The session setting is fine, the only thing I changed today is the new indicators....
Please consider adding your described feature for eSignal/other data source while you are promoting MC among asia countries.
Dear dgss,

We built the feature for IQFeed, because a group of traders requested it. You can request it for other data feeds in Project Management.

Stan Bokov

In the DOM it allows you to change the font, which is a good thing, but there is no way to change / increase the column or window size. So the result is that some of the numbers get truncated when you switch to a larger font (needed by us older guys).

More configurations options are needed.
- ability to change colors of many things
- columns, text for each column, etc.

Also in the DOM, I would like to see the option to have totals for the bid / ask columns. IB does this at the top of the window, NT does it right below / above the #'s in the colums. I prefer the NT way, but offset it one row leaving a blank row so it is visually easier to realize it is the total and not the bid / ask at a price level.
Dear johnromeronc,

You can add this as a feature request in the PM.

Stan Bokov

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but:

I'm using an ASCII mapped forex dataset. Each time I start the program, I'm having to manually set the date in the 'data range' section of Format Instruments. If I don't manually set the date each time, the charts come up blank. Not that big a deal, just letting you know in case it's a bug.

I'm thrilled with the way the playback feature is working, and the new control buttons and playback speed slider. I'm also happy to see that multi data stream indicators are being calculated properly now.

Kevin
Dear Kevin,

Do you mean the "TO" date always jumps to the current day? If so, that was done on purpose, that is not a bug. Essentially it was done to protect people from forgetting that they set a date different from today, and then wondering why their charts are not ticking the next day. Whether it's a good idea, that's a different question. If you want to suggest a better way of doing it, feel free to add a feature request to the PM.

Stan Bokov

Hi.

Any ETA regarding the keyboard shortcuts?

Specially the ones that allow us to jump between open workspaces.
Do you guys know the time spent moving the mouse from monitor 8 into monitor 1 just to change to other workspace?
My wrist tendinitis every day complain about the time spent with that damn mouse on my hand.

I understand that adding shortcuts for all major MC tools can be a major task, specially when you are adding all these new "manual trading tools", but at least you could add a couple of ones with every new beta release.

Think this way, if you started to add a couple of keyboard shortcuts in every version since version 5, the time when people started to request them, by now, all major tools were already covered.

Regards,
Fernando
Dear Fernando,

We are planning on adding the Global Hot Keys feature, which will allow you to define your own hotkeys for pretty much any function in MultiCharts. The approximate ETA is end of summer, or fall 2011. This is part of https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... e_no=MC-34 although it's not explained there in full detail.

Stan Bokov

Not able to plot non-time based charts like Kagi, point & figure,renko etc,. with Custom symbols.....error message reads " MessageL Custom Futures settings does not support the chart type Kagi. Please choose a regular chart type. Instrument @DAX Resolution: 1 minute."

Will appreciate clarification.
Dear SUPER,

Custom Futures do not support exotic chart types - Renko, Kagi, Point and Figure, and Line Break.

Nick

Postby Nick » 17 May 2011

Studies that use reserved words close high low etc to return a price are returning price in 1/100ths even if they are set up to return 1/100000's in quote manager. Basically this means I can not use MC beta on forex at all. Pretty serious issue. They plot on the chart fine it's just studies that are messed up.

issue is detailed here
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8495

arnie

Postby arnie » 17 May 2011

Dear Fernando,

We are planning on adding the Global Hot Keys feature, which will allow you to define your own hotkeys for pretty much any function in MultiCharts. The approximate ETA is end of summer, or fall 2011. This is part of https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... e_no=MC-34 although it's not explained there in full detail.
Perfect Stan.

Let's wait then :)

Regards.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 17 May 2011

When we plot a time line trendline on a chart, that same line shows a vertical text.

Is it possible to do the same using the available text reserved words (ie. plotting vertical text instead of only horizontal text)?

Actually, it would make no sense having a tool that to that and then not making it available through reserved words.

Plotting/reading horizontal text per bar is a mess when that same text has more than 4 letters.
Going vertical would facilitate this reading.
Dear arnie,

This would be a feature request, please add it to the PM.

arnie

Postby arnie » 17 May 2011

Dear arnie,

This would be a feature request, please add it to the PM.
It's already there :wink:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-354

Stan Bokov

Thanks, we will review it.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 17 May 2011

A problem I mentioned on beta 2 is still present on beta 3.
It has to do with multiple accounts with IB.

As soon as MC is connected to IB, the account selector ( on the IB side not MC side ) is forced to switch to all accounts. It is a strange behavior.
When a trade is placed through IB itself not MC, but MC is connected to IB, the trade is entered to all accounts. I can select the account desired repeatedly on the IB side, and it will continually switch back to all accounts.
As soon as MC is disconnected, I can then select the account of choice and it will remain. Then and only then can a trade be placed to that account. As soon as MC is connected, back to all accounts on the IB side.
Attachments
all accounts ib.png
(17.65 KiB) Downloaded 4447 times

Stan Bokov

A problem I mentioned on beta 2 is still present on beta 3.
It has to do with multiple accounts with IB.

As soon as MC is connected to IB, the account selector ( on the IB side not MC side ) is forced to switch to all accounts. It is a strange behavior.
When a trade is placed through IB itself not MC, but MC is connected to IB, the trade is entered to all accounts. I can select the account desired repeatedly on the IB side, and it will continually switch back to all accounts.
As soon as MC is disconnected, I can then select the account of choice and it will remain. Then and only then can a trade be placed to that account. As soon as MC is connected, back to all accounts on the IB side.
I remember this issue... It was impossible for us to reproduce, and it's double-strange since it happens outside of our platform. Would you be able to show us in Live Chat?

arnie

Postby arnie » 19 May 2011

OK, here is something weird that never happened before.

Please see attached image.
Where are the windows?

Did this ever happen to any of you?
Attachments
where-are-the-windows.gif
(74.75 KiB) Downloaded 4468 times

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 19 May 2011

OK, here is something weird that never happened before.

Please see attached image.
Where are the windows?

Did this ever happen to any of you?
This issue has been reproduced and fixed for Beta 4.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 19 May 2011

Question: I saw a Key Word somewhere but cannot find it, that pertained to a Limit order, that I think allowed for a Limit price plus a tick or some ticks. Can someone please tell me what that word is? Thanks.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 20 May 2011

Question: I saw a Key Word somewhere but cannot find it, that pertained to a Limit order, that I think allowed for a Limit price plus a tick or some ticks. Can someone please tell me what that word is? Thanks.
Here is an example - buy ("LE") next bar close + 1 limit;

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 20 May 2011

Here is an example - buy ("LE") next bar close + 1 limit;
Thanks. It will turn ups some day. cannot quite remember the complete context of the word.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 20 May 2011

The Symbol Mapping settings keep reverting to defaults. I have corrected the setting for IQ to IB several times but after a few days they seem to revert to defaults for IQ.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 20 May 2011

How do we reproduce the issue? We have not observed this on our end. Once you find out how to reproduce, could you please post a bug in the PM?

Grigorios

Postby Grigorios » 22 May 2011

Hi Stan,

As you probably already know there is an issue with Custom Futures building for Eurex symbols (FGBL-FESX-FDAX) with Zen-fire as data feed .The problem is connected with the fact that month for those symbols is represented as a number. MultiCharts for now doesn’t work with it.
I like to ask if this will be addressed in the next 7.4 beta release.

best regards

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 23 May 2011

Hi Stan,

As you probably already know there is an issue with Custom Futures building for Eurex symbols (FGBL-FESX-FDAX) with Zen-fire as data feed .The problem is connected with the fact that month for those symbols is represented as a number. MultiCharts for now doesn’t work with it.
I like to ask if this will be addressed in the next 7.4 beta release.

best regards
Support for Custom Futures for ZF and Rithmic symbols where months are shown by digits has already been realized. It will be available in beta 4.

Return to “MultiCharts”