strategy position tab gets bigger and bigger

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
siscop

strategy position tab gets bigger and bigger

Postby siscop » 20 May 2011

Why does the strategy position tab still show active strategies even though they are not active anymore? I only have 29 active strategies on right now but MC shows 123 active strategies. Only the 29 active charts are open – all others are closed. From day to day the list in strategy position gets longer (about 20 lines added each day).
How can I update the strategy position tab without losing the active strategies?
Attachments
Strategy Position.png
(55.37 KiB) Downloaded 447 times

Stan Bokov

Re: strategy position tab gets bigger and bigger

Postby Stan Bokov » 20 May 2011

Dear siscop,

Could you come to Live Chat and show it to us live? We are not too clear on what exactly is going on.

siscop

Postby siscop » 25 May 2011

I usually have at least one position open so I never restart MC. On a restart the position would be without an exitstrategy.
I activate and deactivate about 40 charts on different stocks every day. Every stock gets a ticket for IB to get the market data.
Every day when I deactivate the amount of 40 charts I see on the “strategy position tab” that about 4-20 tickets from stocks were not “released” and are still tracked. So this tab gets larger and larger every day. At first I thought that this is just a log and that wouldn’t be a problem.

Coming up to 121 lines in that tab my new charts didn’t get any market data anymore with the error that I only have when I reach the 100 data limitation from IB even though I only had 25 Charts active on that time. My problem was that the tickets showed from the strategy position tab where still active and they used up my 100 limit data.

So I called the MC live chat and they told me that I had 2 choices.
1. Wait until the active strategies closed my open positions and restart MC. The strategy position tab would be empty then
2. Restart MC now and manually close the position whenever I think it would be fine.

Obviously this is a bug and I hope you guys can fix this even without me going thru PM. As I wrote my MC is running 24/7 and I hope your SW can handle this in future.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 May 2011

Dear siscop,

Thank you for the suggestions. At the moment we advise that you restart MC once in a while. We are investigating the issue, right now we are not able to reproduce it on our machines. The main difficulty is that it occurs on your machine, and we need to work closely with you to resolve it. We will update you when we need additional details.

Return to “MultiCharts”