Questions: Transparent Text & Obtaining Ranges on Subcharts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
eegroup

Questions: Transparent Text & Obtaining Ranges on Subcharts

Postby eegroup » 23 May 2011

A couple questions:

1. Do I have any control over the transparency of text plotted within PowerLanguage? I can make the text NOT transparent manually in the Format Text Window be unselecting the Transparent Effect checkbox. I could not find a PowerLanguage command to turn off the Text Transparency programmatically. Is there a way to do this in an individual Study/Indicator?

2. Is there any way to use GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue) and GetAppInfo(aiLowestDispValue) to obtain the displayed range for a SubChart programmatically within a PowerLanguage Study/Indicator (e.g., SubChart #2 or SubChart #3)?

Many thanks, in advance, for any assistance and guidance you can provide!

TJ

Re: Questions: Transparent Text & Obtaining Ranges on Subcha

Postby TJ » 23 May 2011

A couple questions:

1. Do I have any control over the transparency of text plotted within PowerLanguage? I can make the text NOT transparent manually in the Format Text Window be unselecting the Transparent Effect checkbox. I could not find a PowerLanguage command to turn off the Text Transparency programmatically. Is there a way to do this in an individual Study/Indicator?

Are you referring to the background color of the text object?
The background color, started as transparent, but once given a color, cannot go back to transparent.
2. Is there any way to use GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue) and GetAppInfo(aiLowestDispValue) to obtain the displayed range for a SubChart programmatically within a PowerLanguage Study/Indicator (e.g., SubChart #2 or SubChart #3)?

Many thanks, in advance, for any assistance and guidance you can provide!
GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue) and GetAppInfo(aiLowestDispValue) can only be used in the main chart. There are no equivalent keywords for subcharts.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 23 May 2011

using a condition such as the one below will make you text visible or not visible.

Input: ShowString(TRUE) ;
Var: Str1(" ") ;

if ShowString then
begin
Str1 = "Your String" ;
end
else begin
Str1 = " " ;
end ;

Text_SetString(TextID1, Str1) ;

eegroup

Postby eegroup » 23 May 2011

Thanks TJ and escamillo for your quick replies.

For question 1, I should have provided more explanation. Attached are three screenshots which depict the problem.

When I display text on a chart, if the multiple text items are displayed on bars that are close to one another, the new text overlays the previous text. Since it appears that any text that is displayed on a chart from within a study/indicator is displayed as "Transparent" text, this makes both the original text and the overlaid text very difficult to read.

As shown in screenshot 1, if I right click on the text, select "Format Text" from the dropdown menu, in the "Effects" section, the "Transparent" box is always checked for any Text plotted by a Study/Indicator.

As shown in screenshot 2, I can manually uncheck the "Transparent" checkbox and this turns the displayed text into a nontransparent display.

As shown in screenshot 3, this is the display that results when the "Transparent" checkbox is unchecked for the displayed text. This, at least, allows for a clear display of the last text displayed, which in real time, is the most important.

My question is, do I have programmatic control within a PowerLanguage Study/Indicator to display nontransparent text, as opposed to having the PowerLanguage text display commands always displaying text as being transparent?

Many thanks!
Attachments
Plotted Labels.zip
(105.86 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 23 May 2011

Thanks TJ and escamillo for your quick replies.

For question 1, I should have provided more explanation. Attached are three screenshots which depict the problem.

When I display text on a chart, if the multiple text items are displayed on bars that are close to one another, the new text overlays the previous text. Since it appears that any text that is displayed on a chart from within a study/indicator is displayed as "Transparent" text, this makes both the original text and the overlaid text very difficult to read.

As shown in screenshot 1, if I right click on the text, select "Format Text" from the dropdown menu, in the "Effects" section, the "Transparent" box is always checked for any Text plotted by a Study/Indicator.

As shown in screenshot 2, I can manually uncheck the "Transparent" checkbox and this turns the displayed text into a nontransparent display.

As shown in screenshot 3, this is the display that results when the "Transparent" checkbox is unchecked for the displayed text. This, at least, allows for a clear display of the last text displayed, which in real time, is the most important.

My question is, do I have programmatic control within a PowerLanguage Study/Indicator to display nontransparent text, as opposed to having the PowerLanguage text display commands always displaying text as being transparent?

Many thanks!
you can use TEXT_SETBGCOLOR to set a background color for the text object.
ie. to turn the transparency off.

Return to “MultiCharts”