Feature requests topic and poll

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

We’re constantly receiving requests for features. This topic is intended to gather and sort by priority the requests that will influence our roadmap. Please vote for the features you need most in the poll below and feel free to add more in this topic.

Principal features, e.g.: Portfolio backtesting, Market Scanner, News
46%
Improved usability, e.g.: Add symbols from the chart's Format Symbol menu, Chart the newly added symbols from Quote Manager, Open study from MultiCharts directly in PowerLanguage Editor
12%
Charting, e.g.: Seasonality, Playback, Volume delta charts
23%
Interface, e.g.: “Live data” indicator, Trendlines&Text in indicator subcharts, Manage workspaces by clicking on the tab
5%
PowerLanguage, e.g.: Brackets for advanced commenting in code, Additional EL functions like text settings etc.
6%
Other: Add your request in the thread
9%

Total votes: 111

Alex Kramer

Feature requests topic and poll

Postby Alex Kramer » 28 Apr 2006

Please note that the topic “Features I would like to see in MultiCharts” will be locked.
Please post your requests here.

worx

POINT AND FIFURE CHARTS & Tick Charts without equal Pric

Postby worx » 28 Apr 2006

I changed my point of view for MC.

I think that in terms of the features this product has this is already a very valuable software. And I think the priority must be to fix all Bugs
(Database, Range-Bars etc.). If you make this software a stable one
with the now existing features I think this product deserves an increase in price and therefore value if bugs are fixed and the software is stable. Adding endless features could mean that you will work next christmas on things for freee although you deserve to get paid if you provide us now with a stable software.
Believe me I worked with every possible software in the last 15 years.
This is already a good product if you get it stable.......

Many thanks
Last edited by worx on 03 May 2006, edited 2 times in total.

NEUTRINO

Postby NEUTRINO » 28 Apr 2006

1. volume deltacharts

2. a TICKER TAPE where the symbols that are of interest scroll through the screen(s)

3. for dtn iqfeed users the ability to use their newsfeeds they offer

4. playback function

thanks for your great support and the fact that you listen to your customers!

regards,
NEUTRINO

MPtrader

Postby MPtrader » 28 Apr 2006

1.Delta charts with market profile and value area
2.stable database

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 29 Apr 2006

Playback function would be excellent
Also Kagi,renko,and other strange charting options

Thanks
Milton

SP

Postby SP » 29 Apr 2006

1. Volume Deltacharts with Marketprofile
2. Order Routing
3. Faster Compiler. Compling older source protected ELS files.
4. Scanner. Possibility of using the indicators in a Radarscreen style.

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2006

Volume Bid/ask analysis Tools

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2006

I would vote for:

1. playback function
2. portfolio level backtesting

Sam

liang323

Postby liang323 » 30 Apr 2006

Strategy backtesting and automated trading are the most wanted features, this will give Multicharts the edge when compare to other platforms. Without the above features, Multicharts is just another charting software, personally i would probably go back to TS. I'm sure the TS Support team realise that vital importance and hopefully makes it the top priority in their roadmap.

What traders need these days is no longer limited to charting, but tools which allow them to have the edge and ways to minimise their risks. I'm looking forward to see Multicharts implements the strategy backtesting and automated trading asap, then progressively refine and improve on it. But having those features will make a huge difference than not.

hopefully Multicharts will become the most useful and powerful trading platform.

Postby Guest » 01 May 2006

I would like to see prompter resolution of bugs over the addition of new features. There are some that are just irritating and one or two that are quite serious. Quite a few have come from new features (changing object lkayering order for example) Not being able to plot the current daily bar from IB data unless MC has been running from the start of the session is quite a serious example. Dosen't matter how many fancy features there are if you can not recieve and plot data in a timely and accurate fashion. PL Editor crashing all over the place is another - just does not inspire confidence to be honest. Logs being generated saying MC didn't shut properly last time and then the email address that the log is sent to bouncing.

Competitors (Neoticker, AB, Ensign etc.) will issue small interim bug fixes between major versions usually in a matter of one or two days. This should be done by TSSuport also.

I'd also like to see a list of known bugs with what priority they are being given rather than a list of new features. I dont want to waste time checking something out when it is a known issue.

This might not be a popular view and let me say also I like MC a lot - but I am worried about investing too much time and energy in MC. If I dint have such a large easy language code base I'm not sure I'd be hanging around. I'd probably just come back in a year and see how thigs where then.

In short bug fixes (for the more serious ones at least) over new features every time.

Cheers.

Light

Postby Light » 01 May 2006

MD , volume delta , value area indicator

trader

Postby trader » 02 May 2006

Continous Contracts

momentum

Postby momentum » 03 May 2006

Most Important:
Fix Range Bars so that the range is EXACTLY what is set ALL the time, and,
Be able to use ON DEMAND with IB and have ONLY missing data download, not ALL the data AGAIN.

TraderJ

Postby TraderJ » 03 May 2006

can you add an arrow in the drawing tools?
nothing fancy... just a small arrow would do... I use it to highlight a point on the chart for future reference.

worx

Already a good software if.....

Postby worx » 03 May 2006

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:17 pm Post subject: POINT AND FIFURE I changed my point of view for MC.

I think that in terms of the features this product has this is already a very valuable software. And I think the priority must be to fix all Bugs
with the now existing features I think this product deserves an increase in price and therefore value if bugs are fixed and the software is stable. Adding endless features could mean that you will work next christmas on things for freee although you deserve to get paid if you provide us now with a stable software.

Many thanks

foxtrot

Voice and price changes

Postby foxtrot » 04 May 2006

Hi, I would have to agree that the 1st priority is to get rid of the obvious bugs. Just shutting down cleanly when feeding from Excel and the Globalserver would be nice. As it is I'm having to force a shutdown of the various exe files that MC uses ever since version 1.9.

The program uses far too many resources and I feel that the design of the database, although wonderfully versatile, is so slow and resource hungry that just opening the workspaces can take forever. Omega2000 had it's bugs, but the Globalserver was a brilliant design from, now, years ago that still sets the benchmark. Also, why bury the database away from the programs main folder? It is far easier to BU when everything is in the one place.

One feature that I, personally, would like is voice recognition of a price change as an indicator. It would be so much easier to daytrade a future if all changes of price were announced using MS's inbuilt voice, or whatever, rather than having to constantly look at a screen. This is available from a 3rd party supplier for TS but for nothing else that I know of.

But for all the bugs I purchased this program last year because of it's unique qualities. I use it with Omega2000 and AB Pro.

Cheers

Alex Kramer

Re: Voice and price changes

Postby Alex Kramer » 04 May 2006

Hi, I would have to agree that the 1st priority is to get rid of the obvious bugs. Just shutting down cleanly when feeding from Excel and the Globalserver would be nice. As it is I'm having to force a shutdown of the various exe files that MC uses ever since version 1.9.
We'd appreciate a demonstaration of this (logs, workspaces where this occurs etc.)
The program uses far too many resources and I feel that the design of the database, although wonderfully versatile, is so slow and resource hungry that just opening the workspaces can take forever.
Again, this depends on the worspaces used - what are you working with?
Omega2000 had it's bugs, but the Globalserver was a brilliant design from, now, years ago that still sets the benchmark. Also, why bury the database away from the programs main folder? It is far easier to BU when everything is in the one place.
GlobalServer's database is very heavily optimized, we admit this and admire its performance. Our database is shared by two applications - MultiCharts and OwnTrade; according to the Windows ideology in this case we need to place it in Common Files.
One feature that I, personally, would like is voice recognition of a price change as an indicator. It would be so much easier to daytrade a future if all changes of price were announced using MS's inbuilt voice, or whatever, rather than having to constantly look at a screen. This is available from a 3rd party supplier for TS but for nothing else that I know of.
This is not going to work out in MS voice - we tried, it sounds too poorly. That solution for TS you mentioned uses AT&T voice system, it's a fine but a very expensive SDK - we will consider this in the future, but not presently.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hikory

Postby Hikory » 08 May 2006

MD , volume delta , alarm on free hand line drawing

momentum

Automated Execution to IB #1 Requirement

Postby momentum » 13 May 2006

Having a strategy execute orders automatically to IB is my #1 requirement. TSsupport already has a product for autoexecution to IB so integrating it into MC and having MC read TS Strategies would be a great step forward. Optimisation is NOT as urgent. In fact, getting a more efficient optimisation engine than TS is more important than getting it quickly as I can optimise in TS and would use the strategy to Auto Execute in MC to IB.

maxme

Features

Postby maxme » 13 May 2006

I just downloaded it , and I think that in next days I will go to purchase it ;

for now I have seen that in my trial version there is not the possibility of import and chart any Signal or Strategy .els , why ?
Trading systems are not supported in this version ?

some features that I think are necessary :

1 the possibility of load the next or previous symbol simply with a click without the necessity of open the dialog window " format or insert symbol ".

2 Strategy builder

3 portfolio level backtesting

4. Scanner. Possibility of using the indicators in a Radarscreen style.

5 Fix Bugs , Power Language crash

Massimo :? :? :)

Alex Kramer

Re: Features

Postby Alex Kramer » 15 May 2006

in my trial version there is not the possibility of import and chart any Signal or Strategy .els , why ?
Trading systems are not supported in this version ?
So far, no strategies or backtesting are available in the public release. We are currently working on those most important features.

AccuracySR

Postby AccuracySR » 18 May 2006

Has a live data 'button' (similar to MCFX ) being added to the lastest release. I am often unsure whther the data is live.

Postby Guest » 25 May 2006

Hi,

I'd like to compute market indicators ( number of stocks above ...) on a market/Directory.

senibudi

Any intention of addition Joe Dinapoli's indicators?

Postby senibudi » 26 May 2006

Joe Dinapoli of http://www.fibtrader.com, author of Trading with DiNapoli Levels is working with other charting software to incorporate his 'LEADING' indicators.

It would good that MultiCharts also incorporate such features.

Postby Guest » 05 Jun 2006

with the cross-hair, instead of showing all the time and price in a box, please put them in a second line under the status line.

the box covers part of the chart, making visual analysis very difficult.

Alex Kramer

Re: Any intention of addition Joe Dinapoli's indicators?

Postby Alex Kramer » 05 Jun 2006

Joe Dinapoli of http://www.fibtrader.com, author of Trading with DiNapoli Levels is working with other charting software to incorporate his 'LEADING' indicators.

It would good that MultiCharts also incorporate such features.
Could you please contact Mr. DiNapoli for this? Rather than approaching him in top-down manner, we'd rather have him see that customers are interested in his trading methods for the MultiCharts platform. We surely are willing to co-operate with developers to include their techniques as add-ons in MultiCharts.

Postby Guest » 06 Jun 2006

re: drawing tools

1. Time line (vertical line) -- please make this line goes from top all the way to the bottom. please make it draw through all the indicators.

2. Trend line -- please add text box to the line. This makes it easier to track multiple lines on a graph.

Thank you for your attention.

bunkerbuster

dowload data....

Postby bunkerbuster » 09 Jun 2006

Dear Sir,
I think one useful thing can be have the possibility to dowload historical data all in one, for example during market close in the night for a list of symbol in the posrtfolio. Something like GlobalServer utility for histoy data.

Thank yoou
Bunker

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 18 Jul 2006

Thanks for the comment, we have added this to the ToDo list for future implementation.

markv

Postby markv » 24 Jul 2006

hi Multicharts support

First congratulations with the nice program. Long waiting after TS 2000I :) but finally it was there Multicharts.

a view simple feature questions

1) can you set high and low alarms on the last trade. So when a high or low is penetraded an alarm will set off in realtime.
2) view data window just like in TS 2000i, so that i can analyse the data faster with the curser keys left and right ..... so data window that wil be constant in front of the chart if i choose so

see pictures

:wink:

thanks
mark
Attachments
all.JPG
pictures what i mean hope its clear
(93.74 KiB) Downloaded 21076 times

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 24 Jul 2006

Yes, high and low alarms on the last trade are possible. A separate data window is scheduled for implementation.

momentum

Remote TWS

Postby momentum » 31 Jul 2006

I would like to be able to run MC from a different computer to the one that I run IB TWS so I can get data and send orders when that functionality is available.

Postby guest » 31 Jul 2006

I don't think any added functionality should be added until the application can be run reliably. All the extra functionality is not worth anything if the application keeps crashing (for one reason or another)

Fib Extension Tool

Postby Guest » 01 Aug 2006

Fib Extension Tool would be a great feature.............

(Like TS has)

Postby Guest » 03 Aug 2006

Bad ticks filtering

momentum

Analysis Commentary Window

Postby momentum » 04 Aug 2006

An Analysis Commentary Window like in TS is important to have so the logic of strategies can be debugged. Also, this is the window that displays Expert info regarding an indicator.

Postby Guest » 06 Aug 2006

Currently when plotting spreads, we can use a combination of bar high, bar low,
Left Tick, Right Tick to create a OHLC Bar Chart of the Spread.

Can we have a facility to create the Spread as a Candle Chart Instead ?

thanks

Victor

Split Adjusted Price

Postby Victor » 09 Aug 2006

Hi,

That would be very nice to have feature to adjust prices to splits and dividends.

Thanks

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 15 Aug 2006

Yes, auto-adjustment for splits would be a desirable feature but the biggest problem is that a computer from price data alone can't reliably decide whether a dramatic price change was a split or just a large movement; it will require other sources of data, i.e. news.

Moveable Tabs

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2006

it would be nice to be able to move the tabs, just like the firefox.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 17 Aug 2006

Yes, we're considering the idea to make workspace tabs into management tools, so workspaces can be re-arranged and closed by clicking the tabs.

Victor

Split adjustment

Postby Victor » 24 Aug 2006

About Split adn divident adjustment.

I see what you are saying about additional sources to recognize split. But, even if you let us (users) manualy add historical splits for security and after that adjust all prices (OHLC) to that, it would be great.

I developed a procedure for adjusting data to splits by exporting data, modifing and importing back, however, when I reload data to get the latest, all the data I reprices, gets replaced back from the server so my way around doesn't work.

Adjustment for split is pretty much cool feature!

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 24 Aug 2006

We'll expand the database functionality to account for splits. Thanks for the interest.

Pipscalper

Postby Pipscalper » 29 Aug 2006

I would like to see the following

A scanner like Radarscreen
a Custom Symbol List
Weekly ,montly and so on data duild from daily data,like ASCii,Metastock
When these items are implanted I can finally say goodbye to TS.

When using crosshair the displayed box Is right on the spot where it should not be . can this box be placed somewhere in th corner of the chart,maybe in a seperate window.

Besides an automatic ordering I would also like to see an ordersystem manually, but with automatically entering a Stoplimit order OCA a Profitlimit order All to be configured by the user.
This preferably in a small window containing a big Buy and Sell button with the bid ask price displaying in the knobs.
Further a button with a plus/minus knob to increase or decrease a stop or profittaking order with an amount of 1 tick per click.
There are several examples on the internet available
Main thing is the order window should cover as low as possible of the charts.

In the Editor I would like to have the possibility to change the format of the text which are coded in the indicator also the possibilty of adding signs in the code (like arrow up down and so on) would be great.
As for plotting would it be possible to have also a fill in to color the difference between for example two lines ,creating in this way colored zones instead of lines.
Thanks

maxme

new feature

Postby maxme » 30 Aug 2006

in the toolbar please add a button " load next or previous symbol " as in TS2000 ; I think is very useful for a more fast work !

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 30 Aug 2006

A scanner like Radarscreen
We're working on this
Custom Symbol List
This is also under consideration
Weekly ,montly and so on data duild from daily data,like ASCii,Metastock
What is the problem you're having with this - we're able to plot such charts without problems?
When using crosshair the displayed box Is right on the spot where it should not be . can this box be placed somewhere in th corner of the chart,maybe in a seperate window.
If the hint box gets in the way somehow, it can be disabled. Using the Status Line and the scales in Tracking Time and Price mode it's possible to see the same information without the hint box.

Postby Guest » 14 Sep 2006

Will your scanner be compatible with Radarscreen ?
I mean will an add-in for Radarscreen work with your scanner.
For instance:
www.sirtrade.com/pfo.htm

Thanks

trader

Postby trader » 16 Sep 2006

Feature request:
Manual trendlines that can be plotted underneath pricebars. Currently the only option draws them over and covering pricebars.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 18 Sep 2006

Will your scanner be compatible with Radarscreen ?
I mean will an add-in for Radarscreen work with your scanner.
For instance:
www.sirtrade.com/pfo.htm

Thanks
Our tool that will provide functionality similar to Radarscreen is in the works; as I know, that tool includes no provision to use Radarscreen add-ins with it.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 18 Sep 2006

Feature request:
Manual trendlines that can be plotted underneath pricebars. Currently the only option draws them over and covering pricebars.
We'll enable this, making the Visual Order function universal so drawing objects can be placed behind data series etc.

Postby Guest » 19 Sep 2006

About your scanner:

It would be great if one could run strategies in it and share data between them. This way money management on a portfolio would be easy !
No need to open/close several charts.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 20 Sep 2006

It would be great if one could run strategies in it and share data between them. This way money management on a portfolio would be easy !
You're mixing things here, but I see your point. Portfolio strategy backtesting will be added, and actualy soon, sometime this year and definitely before the radarscreen/market scanning feature.

Postby Guest » 20 Sep 2006

You're mixing things here, but I see your point. Portfolio strategy backtesting will be added, and actualy soon, sometime this year and definitely before the radarscreen/market scanning feature.
I was thinking about automated trade execution not backtesting.
I heard that in TS you must open each chart you want to run a strategy on.
I know MC don't have automated trade execution yet, it's just a feature request for your scanner while you are developing it.

TJ

Postby TJ » 21 Sep 2006

on drawing tools:
can you add a text property to the horizontal line, just like those on the up arrow and down arrow?
[/u]

napalm

Re: POINT AND FIFURE CHARTS & Tick Charts without equal

Postby napalm » 23 Sep 2006

I changed my point of view for MC.

Many thanks

AccuracySR

$DXC for Interactivebrokers feed

Postby AccuracySR » 28 Sep 2006

I like to use the US dollar index from nybot for forex trading.
But IB don't offer it
Ensign have got agreat way of making theis ffed frm a mix of several IB forex feeds
see www.ensignsoftware.com/tips/tradingtips51.htm and scroll down.
Can we do this simply on MC?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 28 Sep 2006

This can be done in MultiCharts simply - just by connecting to a data vendor that providers this symbol, as several data sources can be used together in MultiCharts.

AccuracySR

Postby AccuracySR » 28 Sep 2006

Yes, but paying for esignal just for this symbol is expensive, especially as I can use IB feed for every other symbol.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 29 Sep 2006

Then, sorry, there is no cheaper way in for receiving this symbols.

AccuracySR

Postby AccuracySR » 29 Sep 2006

Alex, did you read the article from ensign? I would have thought it was possible to do something like this in MC or MCFX. If we could do something similar with MCFX I would rather subscibe to that than pay esignal every month.
All I need is a chart that takes data from4 or 5 diffrent currency pairs but plots it as one chart .

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 29 Sep 2006

Theoretically this can be done in MC or MCFX Pro using a simulated synthetic symbol implemented as in indicator.
The Correlation indicator can be used as a reference for the code to implement this.

AccuracySR

Postby AccuracySR » 29 Sep 2006

Got it! thanks!

momentum

Multi Monitor Desktop Management

Postby momentum » 09 Oct 2006

Now that we have a solid beta, it would be nice to add the features to manage MC.

Top of my list is a way of dealing with multiple monitors and groups of workspaces.

TS has solved this very nicely with Multiplke desktops that load exactly to the monitor you have set and then allows you to load the workspaces you want, remembering what you had there before.

TIA

momentum

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 09 Oct 2006

First of all, the current beta is by no means stable :)
As to the multimonitor feature, we see your point, but we really don't like the TS approach much.
Instead we're working on another solution - allowing any chart to be dragged outside the MultiCharts window anywhere on the desktop, including on the other monitor. Then, as you save the workspace, the absolute positions of all windows will be saved so they open the same way next tiem.

momentum

Postby momentum » 09 Oct 2006

Alex, don't underestimate yourselves, the new beta is pretty solid as far as my usage is concerned. You guys did a goog job getting it here after the last beta.

Your multi monitor solution is a better one however, it is important to ensure that all the task bar controls are available to the floating window.

gregorio123456

alerts in trendlines

Postby gregorio123456 » 09 Oct 2006

It is possible put alerts in trend lines and all items of toolbars drawing

thanks
Jose

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 10 Oct 2006

Thanks for the input, alerts on trendlines and other drawing objects is a valuable feature that we'll add in the future.

TJ

Postby TJ » 11 Oct 2006

wish list: connection to MB Trading datafeed

gregorio123456

The little change on list

Postby gregorio123456 » 11 Oct 2006

Is it possible you put on FORMANT SYMBOL\SETTINGS\SESSIONS one list from Sessions templates instead of (24 H and regular)

thanks

Jose

TJ

Postby TJ » 18 Oct 2006

re: Format Window | Show session breaks

it is drawing a vertical line at midnight.
is it possible to make it programable?

e.g. on ES, there is RTH and 24hrs.
I would like to see a vertical line on the RTH start, and again a vertical line on RTH end.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 18 Oct 2006

Here's code for this, please try it out:

var : was_session_end(false);

if was_session_end then begin
value1 = tl_new_s(date,time_s,h + 1 point ,date,time_s,l - 1 point );
tl_setextleft(value1,true);
tl_setextright(value1,true);
was_session_end=false;
end;

if sessionlastbar then begin
value1 = tl_new_s(date,time_s,h + 1 point ,date,time_s,l - 1 point );
tl_setextleft(value1,true);
tl_setextright(value1,true);
was_session_end=true;
end;

Postby Guest » 26 Oct 2006

1.) Walk-Forward-Tests: very helpful to get an idea about the stability of trading systems.

2.) Portfolio-Level-Backtesting

3.) Pair-Trading: simultanius Long- and Short-Position in two underlyings (Backtesting and Live-Signals)

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 27 Oct 2006

1.) Walk-Forward-Tests: very helpful to get an idea about the stability of trading systems.
This is under development already.
2.) Portfolio-Level-Backtesting
3.) Pair-Trading: simultanius Long- and Short-Position in two underlyings (Backtesting and Live-Signals)
Added to the ToDo list, thanks for the input.

pricerxl

Postby pricerxl » 29 Oct 2006

- RadarScreen : THE most important feature for real trading, including windows links (like TS do when you select a symbol, linked charts are updated), Custom cells on conditions (colors, icons) and Alerts of course.

- Multiple Monitors : After 10 years of usage of different multi monitors solutions, I found the TS way excellent (I manage A desktop with 10 workspaces only for Script Edition, another with charts for backtesting and the third for market monitoring, for real trading) but It could be good to give also the choice to the user to detach a window out of the workspace (Like the GFT dealing station do). Detach a window is fine for some usage (Especially for a RadarScreen) but that cannot be managed when the number of windows increase : with 20 or 30 individual windows your taskbar will become unusable ... a desktop with workspace is much better organized and could be minimized/maximized in one click at the light speed. Trade with GFT for a month or two with a lot of separate windows (20 or more) and you will see why TS is better for 90% of use, but it's true that if I could detach one or two specific windows from TS like I do with GFT It could be fine. So It could be great to implement the two features : the user is a trader, he likes to have the choice.

- Backtesting : Portfolio backtest of course, 3D optim visualisation for stability and custom Reports Fields could be great ... But genetic optim, walk forward are ok ... but Break the Easy Langage limitations could be a much better thing to do. Exemple : reference an external symbol without having to include a chart, reference different TimeFrames without having to include a specific chart ... (reference a 15 min bar from a chart applied to a 5 min is possible in nearly every other software packages ...)

- Speed, Speed, Speed : THE second most important feature for a trader, just after RadarScreen. The trader have no patience ... when I trade 1 million dollar in less than an hour, I don't like to wait for a data ... So it's not a new feature but it needs to be a permanent work. TS is fast, very fast It's why I like it.

So I will buy MC when I will find

1. RadarScreen

2. Basic Backtest (don't need gadgets like genetic or walk forwards because optim is the worst way for robustness ... TS backtest is sufficient for 90%
of use ... after it, to break the Easy Langage limitations I go to Weath-Lab)

3. Speed, Speed, Speed

4. Robustness : no bugs, no crash

markv

Point and figure charting

Postby markv » 07 Nov 2006

When is Point and Figure charting available ?

thanks

ybfjax

Don't overlook the simple stuff....

Postby ybfjax » 08 Nov 2006

1) User should be able to add xxx blank bar space to the right of the chart, configurable from the preferences and saved as a default.

2) When pulling data for a chart, user should be able to specify xx days back, instead of having to calculate/configure the days manually.

3) Fixed scaling PLEASE. Not everyone likes automatic scaling. That would include being able to drag the bars (background) up and down, not within a fixed screen area.

Also, have a button that allows the current bar to be centered: both automatic and fixed scaling.

4) I think someone mentioned this already, but the THICKNESS of the lines drawn needs to be addressed. I went to make one of my moving average lines just one notch bigger and it make the line 6 times bigger. So consider breaking down the notches to slight thickness increases. The same is true for the bar thickness. Just one bar thickness increase made the bar size increase 7 times.

The "preferences" tab needs to be expanded. Very scampy.

5) What needs to be done is you need to re-organize some kind of "currently working on" list so that we actually know. This list should be broken up into 2 sections:

a) what you guys are curently concentrating on for the next release.
b) which requests are accepted for a future release.

And really update this list. Keep us informed.

There's a lot of little things (conveniences) being overlooked. I think the MultiCharts has potential, but if you're trying to compete with TS, I just don't see what you have over them. You should try to look back at the TS platform and wonder how the feature that the user is asking for (or a feature that you decide to add) works. Then mimic it or improve on it. You've stripped away some stuff that should have been there from the first implementation of the feature.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 09 Nov 2006

1) User should be able to add xxx blank bar space to the right of the chart, configurable from the preferences and saved as a default
Available in the Format Window->X -time scale ->Space to the right, check the "use as default" checkbox.
When pulling data for a chart, user should be able to specify xx days back, instead of having to calculate/configure the days manually.
Available in Format Symbol ->Data range, select Days back or Bars back from the dropdown menu.
Fixed scaling PLEASE. Not everyone likes automatic scaling. That would include being able to drag the bars (background) up and down, not within a fixed screen area.
Available, Move Up/Move Down toolbar icons or drag the scale to squueeze or expand with the mouse.
have a button that allows the current bar to be centered: both automatic and fixed scaling.
This will be considered
I think someone mentioned this already, but the THICKNESS of the lines drawn needs to be addressed.
This is an issue that we acknowledge for sure, we'll work on making the line thickness better manageable.
The "preferences" tab needs to be expanded. Very scampy.
How exactly would you like it to be expanded?
What needs to be done is you need to re-organize some kind of "currently working on" list so that we actually know.
We'll consider this for the convenience of users.
if you're trying to compete with TS, I just don't see what you have over them.
-Freedom of data vendor selection
-Derivative bars such as range bars, volume and second bars of size bigger than TS 8 can support, second bars.
-Mixing symbols with any resolutions in the same chart
-(coming soon) Genetic optimization
-Advanced strategy performance report with absolute and relative values and lots of other things for ease and productivity of use.

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2006

Is it possible to add in the next beta the functions I_OpenEquity and I_ClosedEquity or something similar to display the equity curve on the chart?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 17 Nov 2006

Those functions will be added, but there's no estimate in what version - definitely not in the next one.

templ

Postby templ » 21 Nov 2006

In QuoteManager an additive column for Historical Status. This status should show the stored record (absolute available) as you can see in Realtime Status the received records of this session.
Attachments
01.GIF
QuoteManager
(29.76 KiB) Downloaded 22101 times

templ

Postby templ » 21 Nov 2006

Under Format Objects in charts it would be helpfull with a column for Field: Bid (e.g.)
See the screenshot
Attachments
02_field.GIF
Format Objects
(23.64 KiB) Downloaded 22098 times

denizen2

Add a Field for "Last Price Marker" in Format Stud

Postby denizen2 » 22 Nov 2006

In the Format Study dialog ->the General tab->"Style" section: Add a field f for "Last Price Marker", and a check box in that field.

The idea is to give the user ability to select only a subset (maybe only one) of the Plotted lines, instead of requiring ALL, or NONE, of the lines to be shown on the vertical scale. The current scheme looks very bad because it means such lines as the "0" and "1", and "-1", lines, among othrs that may not be wanted are cluttering up the space needed for the ones you want visible. TS did it 'correctly' on this one, and MC should also make this feature clean and useable :P . Would be much appreciated, since it is a feature that is used frequently, and it should be easy to add, right? :)

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 22 Nov 2006

We agree it's a good idea, individual settings for each plot will be enabled. This is going to the features ToDo list for the next year.

cael

Postby cael » 30 Nov 2006

Can we add a symbol by description? Sometimes you don't know the symbol.

Also can you add support for TC2500 EOD feed.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 30 Nov 2006

No, symbol searching is based on names/parts of names.
You might want to look up the symbol lists at the exchange website etc. if all you know is a description and you wish to find the name.

kon

Automatic futures rollover schedule

Postby kon » 04 Dec 2006

Hi,
have you consider such a important and very helpfull feature for QuoteManager? Users could have continuation symbols for data feeds
which not support them like InteractiveBrokers and no need to change
symbol's name in QM or in charts when futures expire...
please take a look and idea here : www.ensignsoftware.com/help/rollover.htm

Regards
Kon

Chris

Postby Chris » 04 Dec 2006

I'd say expanding the "Data Range" settings for the "Volume Profile" would be very useful. Right now I can only set the Volume Profile to Screen, Entire Data series and Bars back, where it would be quite useful to have the ability to set Days back (besides bars back like the Data Range for the charting data).

Thank you,

Chris
Attachments
Screenshot - 04.12.2006 , 16_02_15.png
(31.97 KiB) Downloaded 22071 times

faisalald

Export data

Postby faisalald » 08 Dec 2006

A feature I would find useful, and 'am not sure exists or has been requested yet, would be the ability to export data from charts (including all indicators) to csv format so that more analysis could be done in spreadsheets etc.

Great application which just seems to improve on each release.

Kind regards

denizen2

Re: Export data

Postby denizen2 » 08 Dec 2006

A feature I would find useful, and 'am not sure exists or has been requested yet, would be the ability to export data from charts (including all indicators) to csv format so that more analysis could be done in spreadsheets etc.

Great application which just seems to improve on each release.

Kind regards
I also would add to this idea that the export function give the user some format control on each field to be exported, AND which fields will be IGNORED.

BTW: This kind of functionality is NOT provided in TS's implementation, and I feel that it was a big oversight by them that still has not been implemented. Many time the 'format' needed in the text file is different for different kinds of data-indicators, and one format for all data is a problems later when trying to use that data. E.g., some data only needs floating point precision of two, but others need much more, and some data maybe actually be integers, so using floating point is not exactly appropriate. Secondly, there are many data fields in a chart, but seldom are they ALL needed or wanted, e.g., the reference-level 'constants' 0,1,-1. So it is good to just have the export of specific fields, and ignore the rest.

Postby Guest » 09 Dec 2006

My 2000i applications require Radar Screen in multiple timeframes - requires GlobalVariable.Dll. I cannut use multicharts until this is possible

I also demo'd Multicharts using TS8 eld which did not work

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 09 Dec 2006

I also demo'd Multicharts using TS8 eld which did not work
Could you please poset that eld here or send it to us at support@tssupport.com?

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 09 Dec 2006

Could you please poset that eld here or send it to us at support@tssupport.com?

cael

Postby cael » 19 Dec 2006

Feature request: Ability to read TC2005 files.

cael

Postby cael » 19 Dec 2006

Feature request: Ability to search symbols by description.

Yes, I can search an obtain the right symbol number from the exchange website but really it would be much faster to do this via MC, with some kind of wildcard facility.

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2006

re: Merging historic data with realtime data.

please add a feature to modify the historic data.

e.g. if a sept future contract expires, and the dec contract trades with a 2 points premium, I would like to add 2 points to the historic data before merging it with the dec contract, so that there won't be a big gap in the chart.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 23 Dec 2006

Dear cael,
Feature request: Ability to search symbols by description.
This functionality will be added in the nearest future.

momentum

EasyLanguage Compatability

Postby momentum » 08 Jan 2007

It is very important to achieve TS Easylanguage compatability as many of us have a large investment in developed tools and strategies. Additionally, Easylanguage programmers write to the TS standard as do 3rd party developers.

I have noticed comments in a number of chat rooms lately talking about this problem and I am sure that it is holding back many TS users from coming over to MC.

We need EL compatability and stability ASAP.

TJ

histogram

Postby TJ » 11 Jan 2007

when I make a histogram line thicker, the ends are rounded. Can you make the ends square?

When the ends are rounded, they spill into the next increment, and making precise reading difficult, especially around the zero line.

I have attached a picture for your reference. On the left is MC, on the right is Ensign.
Attachments
histogram.jpg
(21 KiB) Downloaded 22088 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 11 Jan 2007

So far we are having some troubles with the thickness of lines that are to be fixed after we finish implementing major features. The change step of thickness will be decreased, i.e. the lines will become thiner, and we will make the ends of all the lines optional.

Postby Guest » 13 Jan 2007

So far we are having some troubles with the thickness of lines that are to be fixed after we finish implementing major features. The change step of thickness will be decreased, i.e. the lines will become thiner, and we will make the ends of all the lines optional.
the histogram bar should thickness sync with the price bar thickness.
when I zoom in the chart, the price bar will increase in thickness, the histogram bar thickness should increase accordingly.

Chris

Postby Chris » 09 Feb 2007

Dear TS Support Team,

it would be really useful to have the ability to draw Trendlines using Barnumbers instead of Date and Time. This would be the most accurate Trendline drawing possibility I can imagine.

For example, it would look like this:

TL_New_BN(StartBarNumber, StartValue, EndBarNumber, EndValue);

It has to be an addendum to the existing Trendline drawing functionality in order to remain the EL compatibilty.

Surely your current focus should be on fixing bugs and the official release of the MC 2.0 version, but this is definetly worth to be placed on your to-do-list.

Thank you,

Chris

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2007

feature request: detachable chart windows.

Postby Guest » 15 Feb 2007

on having white space on the right side of the chart, please add the option to choose percentage of space as white space.

I found that the current method of choosing the number of bars as white space is not flexible. If I selected 50 bars of white space, and I zoom out, then the space is too big. A percentage will be easier to manage.

Postby Guest » 15 Feb 2007

please make an option to fix the price scale at specific range.
e.g. 10 points overall on ES. I will see only 10 points everyday. No more, no less. If the day's trading range is 5 point, I do not want the bars stretched out to fill the height of the screen. I would rather have blank spaces on the top and the bottom of the screen.

Doug

update ASCII Mapping charts

Postby Doug » 15 Feb 2007

I would like the ability to add data to a chart from an external program.

I see the ASCII Mapping feature as a possible solution to this. By mapping a chart to an ASCII text file, I can programatically add new bars to the ASCII text file.

The problem with your current implementation is that ASCII-mapped charts must be manually refreshed (by pressing ctl-R) to view any new data in the text file. Also this reloads the entire file, which is inefficient.

I suggest the following changes:
(1) At a set interval check the ASCII file for any new entries. Default the interval to once per second, but the polling interval should be a configurable option (maybe someone wants once per hour or per day or not at all).
(2) Add any new entries to the chart.
(3) If no new entries, check for changes to the LAST BAR only. This would allow for intra-bar updates as new data arrives. No need to re-load the entire file, which is what ctl-R does.

Since you already have the file mapping in place, I see this as a fairly straight-forward way for you to add a tremendous amount of flexibility to MC.
With these changes in place we could easily...
(1) build our own custom data-replay tools
(2) chart data from other data sources that you currently do not support
(3) chart data based on calcs from external programs
(4) etc...

If there is already an alternative that will allow me to write custom data to a chart from an external program, please let me know.

Regards

Pipscalper

Postby Pipscalper » 16 Feb 2007

In the QM I would like to see a Data Update button to retrieve missing data,possibly in the ASCII export window or in the QM. This way we don't have to open a chart first to download missing data.

Postby Guest » 16 Feb 2007

please make an option to fix the price scale at specific range.
e.g. 10 points overall on ES. I will see only 10 points everyday. No more, no less. If the day's trading range is 5 point, I do not want the bars stretched out to fill the height of the screen. I would rather have blank spaces on the top and the bottom of the screen.
Fixed scale, but still with automatic centering.

TJ

Histogram Bar thickness and Bar Ends

Postby TJ » 16 Feb 2007

pls make the histogram bar thickness and bar end looks like the attached.

currently the MC histogram looks like an amature drawing program, with rounded ends that spills into next increment on the chart.
Attachments
histo.gif
(12 KiB) Downloaded 22078 times

Postby Guest » 20 Feb 2007

on Horizontal Line properties, please allow both "numeric" and "text" entries.

drag the bar chart around

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2007

it is great to be able to click on the price bar and drag it horizontally.
I wonder why you don't do that for vertical movement as well?

momentum

Additional Manual Control Over Automation

Postby momentum » 01 Mar 2007

I use automated trading strategies to ENTER a trade and then I manage the trade manually.

I need more control over a "live" strategy so I can suspend automation while I am trading manually and then go back to automation - WITH A SINGLE CLICK on the chart itself without having to open enything else.

jek

Postby jek » 02 Mar 2007

Please add the ability to copy/paste a chart window between (and within) workspaces. This is hands down the biggest productivity issue when trying to work with a lot of symbols.

You want to have a workspace for exploring and a workspace for trading. The final chart should be copyable from workspace to workspace!

Liquid

horizontal lines that snap to chart resolution

Postby Liquid » 20 Mar 2007

You need to set up something so horizontal lines can snap to lets say .25 of a point for the ES... snap to whatever the smallest unit move is... that is super important. Makes no sense for a line to go to "1400.29" (for the ES) when you will never place a line at that point...

Also, of course, have them alarmed...

billco

Postby billco » 21 Mar 2007

1. Be able to move chart horizontally, vertically, diagonally by placing the cursor anywhere within the chart area and grabbing it with a left mouse click.

2. Sticky boarders.

3. A button to quickly hide/unhide all/one title bars without having to go into the window properties.

4. A way to lock all windows within the workspace as to not inadvertently move/delete/alter them.

5. Move minimize/maximize/close buttons for expanded windows next to the Help button like other programs to prevent hitting the main Multichart app buttons by mistake.

6. Child windows.

7. Delete all trend lines button or right click feature.

8. Implement right mouse click to turn off auto repeat of drawing tools for just that session (Auto repeat to remain enabled for next tool use).

9. Optimize Multicharts as not to use as much system resources.

10. Faster refresh/backfill for IB data.

Postby Guest » 22 Mar 2007

can you make bar color part of the options?

eg up bar in green color, down bar in red color? etc.
instead of using a easylanguage routine.

TJ

Format drawing properties

Postby TJ » 23 Mar 2007

please combine these 2 drawing property windows. It would save us an extra click to change colors, etc.

please see attached for example.
Attachments
_property.jpg
(58.86 KiB) Downloaded 22044 times

denizen2

MC ->TD Ameritrade as another data/broker/trader interfac

Postby denizen2 » 31 Mar 2007

I would like to see TD Ameritrade added as a (stock) data-vendor, along with capability to trade manually and automatically.

They currently have such arrangements with other independent charting software companies, e.g., Medved's QuoteTracker. The MC software adds considerable capabilities (e.g., EasyLanguage + automatic trading?) that would make MC very desirable :>)) and TD Ameritrade has been rated #1 broker by Barrons, or some body like that, right? Anyway... they are much easier to deal with than IB, so maybe many users would switch?

traxino2

MC features

Postby traxino2 » 05 Apr 2007

After 1 week and several long HelpDesk sessions MC finally was running
in realtime connected to IB. Then automatic order routing was tested and
failed completely, it simply is not yet implemented.
My overall impression is: Nice charting tool, but ... very slow in every function compared with TS, backtesting with genetic otimizer impossible, compiler
very time consuming and having problems even with simple calculations.
A product still far away to be seriously considered for realtime usage and
the kind and fast service can not change this fact. Sorry .

Strategy backtesting and automated trading are the most wanted features, this will give Multicharts the edge when compare to other platforms. Without the above features, Multicharts is just another charting software, personally i would probably go back to TS. I'm sure the TS Support team realise that vital importance and hopefully makes it the top priority in their roadmap.

What traders need these days is no longer limited to charting, but tools which allow them to have the edge and ways to minimise their risks. I'm looking forward to see Multicharts implements the strategy backtesting and automated trading asap, then progressively refine and improve on it. But having those features will make a huge difference than not.

hopefully Multicharts will become the most useful and powerful trading platform.

jek

Scripting control API

Postby jek » 10 Apr 2007

It would be very nice to control MultiCharts from some simple API (perhaps using Python like Google?).

The ability to create a chart, change symbol settings, download some data, save it or export it etc. would make MC a very powerful and unique cross vendor tool.

Even if this just gave access to the menus programatically for the time being, it would be useful. With a couple of primitives to wait until data is loaded or calculations completed.

danilo

QuoteManager improvement

Postby danilo » 12 Apr 2007

It would be very nice add to quote manager the capability to download historical data (with backfill) without the need of open a multitude of charts.

danilo

PowerLanguage extensions

Postby danilo » 15 Apr 2007

It would be very nice add the capability to change the primary series, with command like:

SetPrimaryData(Data2) so to be able to use then command like
buy next bar at Market (using the symbol of Data2)

also could be very usefull to load dynamically other series as hidden and with the same parameters of primary series, with command like:

AddSymbolData(Data2, QuoteManagerSymbol)

this kind of extension could be very usefull to handle strategy on multiple correlated assets

danilo

Backtesting improvement

Postby danilo » 15 Apr 2007

It would be very nice add Monte Carlo simulation and allow Portfolio level backtesting.

The montecarlo simulation engine should able to generate simulated paths having the same volatility and correlation of portfolio assets.

Re: QuoteManager improvement

Postby Guest » 16 Apr 2007

It would be very nice add to quote manager the capability to download historical data (with backfill) without the need of open a multitude of charts.
Just to add... include the ability to schedule downloads... so that we can leave the pc on to download data after market close, and next morning when we open up the charts.. they are updated.

maxme

commentary

Postby maxme » 20 Apr 2007

Hi

Feature request :

Window for Expert Commmentary !!!!!!

Radarscreen ( also with a little upgrade price )

best regards

user23

Postby user23 » 22 Apr 2007

Quote manager should include important features such as:
1) ability to perform a simple stock split adjustement
2) back adjust historical futures data (add-subtrack a value from the data)
3) Have an automatic rollover schedule which a user will define
a specific date for a contract symbol to roll over the next month in order to
create big historical data series for backtesting.

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Apr 2007

Quote manager should include important features such as:

2) back adjust historical futures data (add-subtrack a value from the data)
I second that.
I would deem this a very useful feature.

I do not need to adjust ALL the historical data. I know some people keep a continuous running chart, spanning over years.

However, I like to roll one or two month's data, just to have a carry over of mid term trend lines.

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2007

I would like this feature too......

jek

Postby jek » 30 Apr 2007

I would like this feature too......
And it would be great for this download of data to be smart about filling gaps. Try to download missing days as this seems to happen with TS when MC and TS get out of whack.

univer

PLKit

Postby univer » 01 May 2007

It would be great to add some IEasyLanguageOrder interface to plkit and properties ActiveOrders,Filled and Cancelled of this type to IEasyLanguageObject interface. It would really extend PL capabilities comparing to EasyLanguage and would actually allow to work with any third party broker of customer's choice and develop flexible strategies (signals).

Postby Guest » 01 May 2007

would be nice to specify how many days to backfill.

We have 2 types of chart users here: most of the daytraders focus only on 2~3 symbols, and only look at 2~3 days of minute/tic charts, while longer term investors would scan 20~30 daily charts.

for the daytraders, they might have loaded a 5min chart with 30 days data on it, but when they want to refresh, they only need 2~3 day's data the most. Therefore it is a waste of time to download the whole 30 days' worth of data.

Postby Guest » 24 May 2007

May I suggest to TSSUPPORT to make the "print" output window part of the wsp ? instead of part of the PLEditor window.

PLEditor print options

Postby Guest » 29 May 2007

pls add the following PLEditor print options:

1. automatic line number

2. automatic header with indicator name and page# of Total pages

Many thanks !!!!

specify "open workspace" location

Postby Guest » 30 May 2007

user configurable "open workspace" location

so that I don't have to go through layers of directories to find my wsp !!!!!

this is so basic, I am shocked that I have to list this function in here to request it done.

Postby Guest » 31 May 2007

would be nice to specify how many days to backfill.

We have 2 types of chart users here: most of the daytraders focus only on 2~3 symbols, and only look at 2~3 days of minute/tic charts, while longer term investors would scan 20~30 daily charts.

for the daytraders, they might have loaded a 5min chart with 30 days data on it, but when they want to refresh, they only need 2~3 day's data the most. Therefore it is a waste of time to download the whole 30 days' worth of data.
I am a day trader too.. this would be a great feature to have !!!!

Postby Guest » 31 May 2007

i think this was mention before, but worth repeating.

please allow multiple versions of MC installed in the same computer.

for example, this new MC 2.1 beta. I would love to install it and try it out, but I cannot afford the risk. If it does not work out, I have to reinstall my previous version. I have done this before, it just screw up too many little things. The restore is just too time consuming.

since MC will continue to be feature rich, and more powerful with each release, it is only reasonable to expect more beta versions before going final release. people just cannot afford to test the beta during market hours. I would even go further -- let customers test the beta on another computer, I can let it run on my IB papertrading account to test out the autotrading, etc.

Postby Guest » 01 Jun 2007

Please make the "MultiCharts" logo smaller on printouts.

ybfjax

Postby ybfjax » 03 Jun 2007

Please make the "MultiCharts" logo smaller on printouts.
There should be no MC logo, or the logo should be VERY TINY for those who have paid for their license.

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 04 Jun 2007

How about an automatic workspace backup?

A lot of time and effort can go into creating these workspaces. It would be great if MC backed up the previous workspace when saving the current one.

I had an occasion with the new beta which messed up all my open workspaces. This would have been very handy then.

Chart Window Always On Top

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007

I have multiple chart windows within a wsp.

It would be nice if I can specify a chart to always stay on top (within that wsp).

colored bars

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2007

if you can make candles sticks display green on up close, and red on down close, why not do the same for regular bar chart ?

I know I can add a study to make the bars change color, but it is so inefficient.

Off Line indicatore

Postby Guest » 21 Jun 2007

this is a really dumb idea, for the dumb people.

this is the scenario:

for more than a few time, usually on a monday morning, i started multicharts, loaded up the workspaces, the charts drew quickly... then nothing happens... the charts were NOT UPDATING.

guess what, i have been reviewing the charts OFF-LINE during the weekend, and i have forgotten to return the setting to ON-LINE !!!

i wasted half an hour trying to find out what was wrong -- check the internet line, check the exchange, check the broker, check on network card... i checked everything to no avail...

then I called multicharts (i am sure i was not the only person who has ever done this)... and one of you guys spent half an hour trying to find out what was wrong...

What can MultiCharts do to help prevent this waste of time ?

My proposal: add a little indicator on the bottom right hand corner... next to the clock and the quote speed indicator -- in no uncertain green and red wording -- "ONLINE" or "OFFLINE".

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 26 Jun 2007

In transitioning form TS to Multicharts I find that I miss the data window. It is less tedious to sit back and scroll through the bars with keyboard arrows and look at the data window with nice, big print and colors than to mouse across the chart and try to read the data from the chart window. I really have relied on the data window going back to TS2000. The addition of a Radarscreen would be great but not a high priority for me. I'm looking forward to the addition of limit orders to the IB interface. The strategy I want to deploy is optimized for automation and heavily dependent on limit orders. Currently I have to have NT to automate via the dll and that is one extra "moving part" to deal with. Using the TWS window as your "Trade Manager" is excellent, I am transitioning out of TS because of their Trade Manager and the obstacles it presents to autotrading. Having the functions available for interfacing TWS that are available in TWSLinnk for interfacing strategies to the IB account would be excellent. The aforementioned dll is the best documented piece of trading code I have ever seen, worth looking at. In MC it appears that strategies can get the feedback of Marketpostion currently, not real sure about that but I would like to have more than that going. If trading multiple stocks it is good to know the available buying power for example. It should be not too difficult to include the whole range of items available from the TWS API, of course your code maintenance burden would be greater since they break third party software every time they change the TWS or API. I guess they have a choice between backward compatiability or technical excellence and they are one of the few that are not doing the backward compatability thing. I say kudos to them but it is a burden for the third party software developers.

jojo

Difference

Postby jojo » 28 Jun 2007

Hallo
After a short comparison I must say the feature of chart - sync. is very nice done , but you can do this on the TS platform with ELC/ADE ,too .Not as comfortable but ok. So you have to ask ,where is the real reason to change the platform ? And in my eyes it can only be something real substantial - you m u s t implement the timestamp- seconds feature , which TS is not able to realize for years , thats what has have been asked for here several times , as f.i. the possibility to combine text-plot on tickcharts via barnumber or similar requests . This is the difference in modern trading .
Kind regs
Jojo :idea:

jek

Postby jek » 28 Jun 2007

How about allowing QuoteManager to let you clear the cache for more than one symbol at a time? At the moment, if you select a range of symbols, the "clear cache" selection is disabled.

In addition, when you are trying to debug data gaps and inconsistencies, it is useful to have a "clear cache for all symbols" menu selection.

alert pop up window

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2007

on the alert pop up window:

I click on the window to cancel the alert.

it would be nice if i can also press the [esc] key to cancel the alert.

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 14 Jul 2007

It would be nice if, when adding a new subchart or moving the position of an existing one, MC didn't reset the sizes of all the existing subcharts. Or at least only change them if there isn't enough space to show the minimum of the new subchart.

Thanks

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 16 Jul 2007

Placing orders from the indicator script would be great. I could do that with TS and third party dll's and it omitted the requirement to convert the indicator to a strategy and change it before it could autotrade. If it were possible to trade from the indicator set to update every tick then intrabar order generation would be instantly implemented as well. I hated having to convert an indicator to a strategy and then partially rewriting it and applying different rules to it in order to get on with automation. To trade right from an indicator would be perfect, I would have screen-direct feedback as to what the strategy is doing. With TS, indicators can't trade and strategies can't plot.. what were they afraid of, that I would be able to see what is going on?? I never understood that.

Backtesting to the tick is very important. With TS they have that capability but not for volume bars. Having backtest to the tick with any and all bar types is more than important, it is paramount to developing an intraday strategy that can take advantage of the IB automated interface.

TJ

Indicator plot request

Postby TJ » 18 Jul 2007

on drawing the indicator on the chart, one of the option is to draw a "point".

It would be nice if we can configure the appearance of the point.

e.g. up arrow, down arrow, cross, star, etc.

Postby Guest » 25 Jul 2007

Feature request:
I wanna use Japanese comment at PLeditor, an error that difficult to stop occur when I typed 2byte character.
And I need IB auto trade order type LMT and STP.

Bug:
Help file has a error at Japanese edition WindowsXP and Windows2000Pro when I run Help file.

Postby Guest » 25 Jul 2007

ASCII Mapping date range available like TS2000i

maxpi

Trade simulator

Postby maxpi » 31 Jul 2007

I, and others, have found that fills from the IB simulated account can be terribly away from the real market. I can submit market orders one second apart for the YM market and get fills 20 points or more apart during RTH. It has to do with how the simulated account works. Apparently it needs to have a tick in the real market to get the bid/ask right.

I would like to suggest that MC implement their own account simulator.

MechTrader

Tracking Cursor

Postby MechTrader » 02 Aug 2007

Please alter the global tracking cursor so that it only moves when the mouse button is held down or at least add this as an option. It makes it much easier to do research on multiple charts. This is how TS treats it. I noticed another user requested this same feature over a year ago; it would only take a few minutes to implement and would be extremely useful.

Gann_Man

Re: Tracking Cursor

Postby Gann_Man » 05 Aug 2007

Please alter the global tracking cursor so that it only moves when the mouse button is held down or at least add this as an option. It makes it much easier to do research on multiple charts. This is how TS treats it. I noticed another user requested this same feature over a year ago; it would only take a few minutes to implement and would be extremely useful.

YES, this is very much needed. I second your request! I would like to be able to choose to have the cross-hair cursor behave EXACTLY as TS.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 09 Aug 2007

A slider to change variables and instant re-charting with new variable without need to close the "Format Study" window.
This feature is realized in AB and is a very good feature if one wants to see how indicators change with variables and find the best fitting for the needed purpose as changing MA for stops, etc.
Attachments
slider.JPG
(6.09 KiB) Downloaded 21929 times

jl12

slider for variable

Postby jl12 » 09 Aug 2007

This would be an excellent enhancement

Marina Pashkova

Re: Tracking Cursor

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Aug 2007

YES, this is very much needed. I second your request! I would like to be able to choose to have the cross-hair cursor behave EXACTLY as TS.
Hello,

Actually that's exactly how the cursor used to work in earlier versions of the program. However, a lot of customers found this inconvenient. That is why we changed this feature and it is either turned off or keeps moving once it's been turned on.

Marina Pashkova

A slider to change variables and instant re-charting with new variable without need to close the "Format Study" window.
This feature is realized in AB and is a very good feature if one wants to see how indicators change with variables and find the best fitting for the needed purpose as changing MA for stops, etc.
We are considering adding such a feature in future releases.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Trade simulator

I, and others, have found that fills from the IB simulated account can be terribly away from the real market. I can submit market orders one second apart for the YM market and get fills 20 points or more apart during RTH. It has to do with how the simulated account works. Apparently it needs to have a tick in the real market to get the bid/ask right.

I would like to suggest that MC implement their own account simulator.
At the moment we are not planning to create our own account simulator.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 21 Aug 2007

Please also insert name of the system for saving the backtest results. the name includes just the symbol and name of the system has to be put in by hand. Would be great if systems name would also be included into the automatically given name of the backtest result, as this would make saving the results much faster.

Thank you.

Postby Guest » 21 Aug 2007

How about having chart autohide scroll/title bar when cursor leaves the window rather than having to click on another window to get the previous window to autohide?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Aug 2007

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions.

We are going to consider the possibility of including these features into MultiCharts.

Postby Guest » 22 Aug 2007

I do alot of strategy testing and the a couple things are hard to deal with...one is because it takes up 100% of cpu you really cant do anything else while the test is running...mostly trade! Sometimes I have an idea in the middle of the day and I cant test it cause then I cant trade or do anything else on the computer, it would be nice to be able to designate how much testing should use of the cpu, like a priority setting, even though it may take longer, then at least during the day or when you need the computer for other things you could be testing in the backround....which leads me to the next thing which is when youre testing you cant navigate away from the workspace youre testing on, so again you pretty much have to test when you have nothing else to do on the computer......

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 Aug 2007

Hello,

At the moment, we are not planning to introduce these features into MC.

However, the problem you descibed could be overcome if you used two computers with two MC licenses - one for testing and the other one for trading.

shcheuk

Able to download historical market data

Postby shcheuk » 23 Aug 2007

Able to download historical market data (and check data Integrity) without having to plot the data in the chat.
Scheduleable automatic download will be even better.
Able to download a list of symbol starting from the most recent missing date.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 Aug 2007

Thank you for the suggestion.

We are going to add a function making it possible to download data without plotting a chart.

As for the second part of the request, could you please clarify what exactly you mean saying: "Able to download a list of symbol starting from the most recent missing date"?

Autrading dll

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2007

I seriously could use a dll that would automate trades from an indicator to IB. It should provide all types of orders and feedback as to the account status, order status, connection status, etc. There is so much third party dll stuff that has come and gone, it all either never worked or was not maintained to keep up with the changes from IB's API.

Max

Format Symbol

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2007

Re: Format Symbol

when I create a new chart, a "Format Symbol" window will pop up.

under the "Settings" tab, there is a "Data Range" section.

The user input the data range he wants on the chart.

I want to suggest that MC will display the data range already in the database, so that the user can make an intelligent choice on what to display.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Aug 2007

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions. We will certainly consider them for our future MC versions.

denizen2

Backtesting Optimization Criteria-Expanded Options

Postby denizen2 » 08 Sep 2007

Need to add more optimization-criteria, namely:

(1) A Weighted summation of the existing criteria, e.g.,
NewCriteria= (W1*NetProfit + W2*PercentProfitable)/(W1+W2)

(2) A Weighted TIME summation, so that possible to give more recent trades more importance in the backtesting-optimization

(3) Allow for Min/Max range of specific criteria, e.g, A minimum OR maximum total number of trades.

aljafp

Global Search

Postby aljafp » 11 Sep 2007

Hi,
Is there a way for me to search for a String across All Functions and Indicators ?

If not, could you provide a means to do so?...
It would be useful when i would like to make global changes to all my custom functions and indicators....

OR an alternative could be to allow us to export our custom functions and indicators into Text files... then we can do a global search via any text editor.

thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Sep 2007

Hello,

We do not have this feature at the moment which is a fault that should be corrected. We will consider adding this feature in the future MC versions.

Thank you for drawing our attention to this feature.

svifx

New very useful drawing tools ?

Postby svifx » 12 Sep 2007

Maybe I have not figured out how to do it but two very usefull features would be :

- Extend vertical lines over the whole window :
when I draw a vertical line on a high or low, it does not show in the indicators windows .... and I cannot extend it over them...
The other way around, I would like to minimise the chart and draw vertical lines in the indicator window and then resize the chart window to see if trading only from the indicator viewing would make good trades..

- Be able to measure the distance between 2 points :
Like drawing trendline or Fibo retracement between a high and low and have the measure of height in points or pips and width in time or bars..
left click on high and drag to low... and right to cursor nb bars/height

best regards and keep on the good work

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Sep 2007

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions. We are going to consider the possibility of adding them into the future MC versions.

TJ

Feature Suggestion: Security password

Postby TJ » 28 Sep 2007

Feature Suggestion:

can you add a access password to MultiCharts?

If someone stole my computer, I don't want them to access my MultiCharts program.

Also is there ways to control access to my wsp and indicators/strategies?

rsheftel

Some suggested improvements

Postby rsheftel » 01 Oct 2007

Recommended features:

1. Data Viewer. It would be very helpful to have a window that can display tabular view of the data in a chart, like TS. This is very useful for debugging and would be a compliment to the existing "hint".

2. The ability to backup the MultiCharts settings and the PowerLanguage code.

3. Save PL files in standard directories. This would allow for the use of subversion or other code repositories.

4. A macro language. This is very powerful for creating workspaces with many charts automatically.

5. A "Refresh-All" that will allow all the charts open to be refreshed. This is good in the morning to make sure all the latest data from the data vendor is in the chart.

rondot samuel ws

import PLA - already exist

Postby rondot samuel ws » 02 Oct 2007

hello,

actually when i import pla file, if it already exist i can just overwrite or cancel the import.

is it possible to offer the possibility to rename it ?

many thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Oct 2007

Thank your for the suggestion.

We will consider this feature.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 16 Oct 2007

In strategy performance report pls. include also daily returns and drawdowns performance graphics.

Thank you.

TJ

A Mute Button

Postby TJ » 16 Oct 2007

can you add a Mute Button to MC?

I use IM and other squawk boxes during market hours.

I also have lots of audio signals programmed into the indicators.

It would be nice if I can hit a mute button so that I can mute the MC ONLY, and allow me to listen to my IM or squawk box.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 17 Oct 2007

Pls make SPR only visible in the corrsponding workspace.
If i open a SPR for chart x in workspace y, then this SPR is also visible when switching into another workspace.

Charts and corresponding SPRs could be arranged much better then.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Oct 2007

Pls make SPR only visible in the corrsponding workspace.
If i open a SPR for chart x in workspace y, then this SPR is also visible when switching into another workspace.

Charts and corresponding SPRs could be arranged much better then.
Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider the possibility of changing the way strategy performance report is shown.

Regards.

TJ

Magnifying Glass

Postby TJ » 23 Oct 2007

would be good to include a Magnifying Glass.

user can use it to specify a small block of the screen to be magnified for close examination.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Oct 2007

Hi TJ,

Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider the possibility of adding this feature. However, I cannot promise that it will be added in the nearest future.

As an alternative, there are Zoom In/Zoom Out features in MC.

tosk

Postby tosk » 25 Oct 2007

Hi,

Would it be possible to add the Savitzky-Golay filter as an indicator? I've used it in another trading application and it is excellent.

Thank you for your consideration.

Tom

gautama2

Strategy Performance Reports by strategy signals

Postby gautama2 » 26 Oct 2007

Please consider statistics divided by entrysignals, so it is possible to see which strategy adds how much to the equity without switching them on and off to get single reports.

Regards
Robert

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Oct 2007

Hi,

Would it be possible to add the Savitzky-Golay filter as an indicator? I've used it in another trading application and it is excellent.

Tom
We haven't been able to find this indicator in EasyLanguage. What's the formula? If it's relatively simple we would write it.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Strategy Performance Reports by strategy signals

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Oct 2007

Please consider statistics divided by entrysignals, so it is possible to see which strategy adds how much to the equity without switching them on and off to get single reports.

Regards
Robert
Thank you for the suggestion Robert. We will certainly consider adding this feature into the Strategy Performance Report.

eder sam

Postby eder sam » 27 Oct 2007

Is it possible to add some more into the strategy performance report such as:

1.MAR Ratio = absolute(compounded annual return/ maximum drawdown)
2.CAGR% = compounded annual growth rate expressed as a %
3.R Squared = this is a measure of smoothness of fit to the line that represents the CAGR%

Also some measures from Curtis Faiths new book - way of the turtle

1.RAR% (regressed Annual return) = linear regression of the monthly accumulative net profit. (the equation is slightly more complex than this but is easily done in excel) this has the detail: http://www.tradingblox.com/forum/viewto ... &start=100

2.Show RAR% on a graph

3.R Cubed = RAR% as numerator, with the denominator as the length adjusted max drawdown which is avg max drawdown length /365 * 5 largest drawdowns / 5. This is an excellent measure of drawdown by severity and length and limits the effect of changes the start and end dates of back testing.

4.R Sharpe = RAR% divided by the annualized standard deviation of the monthly return

having these would save a lot of time rather than jumping into excel.

Thank you

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 30 Oct 2007

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestions. We will try to implement the additional ratios in 2008.

Best regads.

gautama2

SPR: Moving Average and dates in Close to Close Equity chart

Postby gautama2 » 01 Nov 2007

for a switch between dates and tradenumbers, i have to change between close to close equitycurve and detailed equitycurve. Would be good to have both possibilities in all equitycurves.

As i do trade the equitycurve it would be great to have an MA in the close to close equitycurve, so i do not have to export data into an external application for this, which becomes a problem in short timeframes and several markets at the same time.

Pls. consider this for the next version.

Regards
Robert
Attachments
tssmc019.JPG
equity when trading original curve only above the MA
(88.86 KiB) Downloaded 21944 times
tssmc018.JPG
Original equity curve
(96.24 KiB) Downloaded 21941 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 01 Nov 2007

Hello Robert,

Thank you for posting your request here. As I mentioned before we will definitely try to implement the feature - when our roadmap allows us to do so.

Regards.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 01 Nov 2007

Hello Robert,

As I mentioned before we will definitely try to implement the feature - when our roadmap allows us to do so.

Regards.
Hello Marina,

this is great. Would be great also, maybe much greater, when it would be possible for signals to have access to the equity figure. Then i could make moneymanagement filters and do not have to look at the SPR.

One wish chases the next. Sorry for that :)

Regards

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 02 Nov 2007

Widen the choices of brokers for autotrading. When one broker was not responding our code could offset the position with another broker.

TJ

Painting of Background

Postby TJ » 04 Nov 2007

Please extend the painting capability to the Painting of Background

tosk

Postby tosk » 06 Nov 2007

Hi,

Tom
We haven't been able to find this indicator in EasyLanguage. What's the formula? If it's relatively simple we would write it.
Marina,

Thank you for your reply. I've attached an ELD of the Savitzky-Golay filter that I have not been able to compile. The error listed below tells me nothing:

------ Build started: ------
Study: "XCAP_fSavGol" (Function)
Please wait ....
------ Compiled with error(s): ------
Compile error
errLine 0, errColumn 0, errLineEnd 0, errColumnEnd 0

One thing I noticed as it was compiling was that memory usage rose sharply prior to the error. Could I have run out of memory? I have one gig of memory in a XP Pro system. I'm using the 999.999 version. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tom
Attachments
XCAP_SAVITZKYGOLAY.ELD
(298.04 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

Nick

Postby Nick » 09 Nov 2007

Hi,

It would be neat to have a display option to have the first bar of the day displayed towards the left edge of the chart with white space to the left. As the day progesses this white space would be filled in so that the last bar paints at the right edge of the chart.

Some other scaling options would be good too. For example as well as a fixed absolute scale (E.G. 1426-1436) it would be nice to have a fixed relative scale (e.g. 10 point range) The bars would still centre on the screen but the X axis would always be N points range regardles of if whether the instrument is trading at 1480 1580 or 1680. Using the fix absolute scale you have to manually re-scale sometimes many times a day to get this fixed effect.

The advantage of fixed scale (and hence fixed bar size) is you instantly get an idea of pace and volatility when you glance at the chart.

Cheers,
Nick

danilo

Percent Change Chart

Postby danilo » 09 Nov 2007

Would be nice add the "Percent Change Chart" feature like in TS.

TJ

Postby TJ » 09 Nov 2007

Hi,

It would be neat to have a display option to have the first bar of the day displayed towards the left edge of the chart with white space to the left. As the day progesses this white space would be filled in so that the last bar paints at the right edge of the chart.

Some other scaling options would be good too. For example as well as a fixed absolute scale (E.G. 1426-1436) it would be nice to have a fixed relative scale (e.g. 10 point range) The bars would still centre on the screen but the X axis would always be N points range regardles of if whether the instrument is trading at 1480 1580 or 1680. Using the fix absolute scale you have to manually re-scale sometimes many times a day to get this fixed effect.

The advantage of fixed scale (and hence fixed bar size) is you instantly get an idea of pace and volatility when you glance at the chart.

Cheers,
Nick
I have made the first request before, but I don't think they understood what I was talking about.

The second request is good as well... Definitely would be an asset to my trading method.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Nov 2007

Marina,

Thank you for your reply. I've attached an ELD of the Savitzky-Golay filter that I have not been able to compile. The error listed below tells me nothing:

------ Build started: ------
Study: "XCAP_fSavGol" (Function)
Please wait ....
------ Compiled with error(s): ------
Compile error
errLine 0, errColumn 0, errLineEnd 0, errColumnEnd 0

One thing I noticed as it was compiling was that memory usage rose sharply prior to the error. Could I have run out of memory? I have one gig of memory in a XP Pro system. I'm using the 999.999 version. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tom
Dear Tom,

The indicator couldn't be compiled because the compiler used by MultiCharts can't compile such cumbersome indicators without prior optimization.

We have modified the indicator and it will now compile and plot without any problems in MultiCharts. Please see the attached file.

Regards.
Attachments
Savitzky-Golay.zip
(123.61 KiB) Downloaded 312 times

tosk

Postby tosk » 16 Nov 2007

We have modified the indicator and it will now compile and plot without any problems in MultiCharts. Please see the attached file.
Marina,

Thank you!! I really appreciate the level of support your company continues to provide.

Thanks again - Tom

Marina Pashkova

Re: Painting of Background

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Nov 2007

Please extend the painting capability to the Painting of Background
Hi TJ,

This is a nice feature. We will certainly add it.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Nov 2007

Hi,

Could you please explain how this feature would be used for trading/analysis?

We will add this feature when were start working on improving the price scale.

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 17 Nov 2007

Hi,

Could you please explain how this feature would be used for trading/analysis?
[/quote]

Actually this is something i've been thinking about requesting too.
This is useful for short term Day traders who only wants to see the current day's price action.
Especially for markets with huge overnight gaps, during the first few opening minutes, the charts are heavily "distorted" since it includes yesterdays prices which could be very far away from current day's prices...

Maybe you can call this feature "Display up to X bars of current Day"..
Say i am plotting a 1 minute chart and i set display up to 15 bars of current Day.
For the opening minute, only 1 bar is shown, second minute 2 bars and so forth, on the 16 minutes onwards, there would be already 15 bars on the chart and it can continue to scroll forward like normal charts except only showing the latest 15 bars.

Nick

Postby Nick » 22 Nov 2007

What aljafp said. For an intraday trader it is some times useful to see just today as it unfolds. It also adds 'perspective'. Knowing that lunchtime is always in the middle of the chart you can immediately see where you are without referring to the time scale.

When charting programs came along people thought gee wouldn't it be neat to automatically scale and scroll stuff, and so it is. However it definately destorts your view of the market For traders using good old fashioned TA (trend lines and channels maybe the odd pennant or wedge) it is nice to have a chart that fills like a piece of paper (left to right) with a fixed scale.

Every now and then I hand draw a 5 or 10 minute chart just for fun. It gives a unique and in many ways superior perspective (for a price action based trader). You can immediately see where you are in the day, volatility, days range, mornings range and a whole bunch more just at a glance. I guess I am looking for the pen and paper experience with MC doing the drawing :D.

Cheers,
Nick

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 Nov 2007

Thank you Nick and aljafp for the suggestion and explanation.

We are going to consider the possibility of addint this feature in future MC versions.

Regards.

TJ

make manual step size truly manual

Postby TJ » 30 Nov 2007

background discussion: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=4525

Please make the chart scale "Manual Step Size" truly manually configurable.

As it is now, MC limits the numbers of grids on the chart, automatically overriding the "Manual" setting and impose a minimum step size bigger than the number set by the user.

I have attached an example: The chart scale was set to step size of 1.00, but the display shows step size of 4.00.

There are lots of room on the screen, there is no reason more grids cannot be displayed.

As it is now, the grids are so far apart, it make chart reading very difficult.

This should not be too difficult a request to fulfill.
Attachments
gap.PNG
(234.25 KiB) Downloaded 21943 times
Last edited by TJ on 16 Dec 2007, edited 3 times in total.

RobotMan

PL File, Open --> to reflect Windows Regional settings

Postby RobotMan » 16 Dec 2007

Hi Marina,

I would like to request that; PL Editor senses the way the dates are set up in Windows' "Regional and Language Options".
When I open a file in PLE, sometimes I like to sort on the "modified" column (see attached jpg) and the way it is now, sorts on the day 1st, month 2nd, and year 3rd, then hour 4th, then minute 5th.
I set the regional option to display dates as YY/mm/dd so that when "date modified" columns sort in MS products, file order will always be ascending or descending in time. However it looks like the PLE "modified" column is hard coded and set internally.

Thanks!
Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA
Attachments
PL-SortOnDate.jpg
(74.57 KiB) Downloaded 21932 times

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 17 Dec 2007

OK, I am wrong about sorting. PLE sorts ok. My bad.

I guess I like to see the date and time column as a reflection of the regional settings in windows.

Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

kasenda victor

Postby kasenda victor » 19 Dec 2007

Hi Marina,

Could I request for this feature: The price and volume scale on the right could display numbers with a comma separating the thousands e.g. instead of 3000000, display 3,000,000.

Currently the volume numbers are really hard to read when the numbers are big.

Thanks,
Victor

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Dec 2007

Hello Victor,

We will consider adding this feature.

For now, as a partial solution I could suggest using a multiplier to have large numbers displayed on the price axis.

Regards.

randomname

Postby randomname » 04 Jan 2008

I would like to request a jump to date feature.

It would be really nice when on a small time frame chart when working on a strategy and even better if we could click on a trade under the trade list and it would take us to that trade.

Thanks

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 07 Jan 2008

For system backtesting, I'd like to see the ability to have "CUSTOM" criteria to optimize on. That way we could choose what we want to optimize for, instead of being limited to the criteria supplied.
(that was a limitation in TS 2000i that I hated)
Last edited by brodnicki steven on 07 Jan 2008, edited 4 times in total.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 07 Jan 2008

Is there something like the MessageLog in MC ? The Messagelog is different from the output bar in the editor. It is a workspace that is in the charting area that displays custom real-time text info about system performance, stops etc. without having to go to the editor.
(the command to print there comes from the editor using the messagelog command)

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 10 Jan 2008

I would like to request a jump to date feature.

It would be really nice when on a small time frame chart when working on a strategy and even better if we could click on a trade under the trade list and it would take us to that trade.

Thanks
Hi randomname,

Thank you for the suggestion. We also believe that this would be a useful feature. We have been considering adding it for a while. It will be added in future MC versions.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

For system backtesting, I'd like to see the ability to have "CUSTOM" criteria to optimize on. That way we could choose what we want to optimize for, instead of being limited to the criteria supplied.
(that was a limitation in TS 2000i that I hated)
Hi Steven,

This is an option we would definitely like to add in future.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Marina Pashkova

Is there something like the MessageLog in MC ? The Messagelog is different from the output bar in the editor. It is a workspace that is in the charting area that displays custom real-time text info about system performance, stops etc. without having to go to the editor.
(the command to print there comes from the editor using the messagelog command)
Hi Steven,

Thank you for the suggestion. It sounds like a very good feature to add. We will consider how it can be implemented in MC.

Regards.

danilo

Basket Object

Postby danilo » 15 Jan 2008

Would be nice extend Quote Manager to define custom Basket symbols, i.e. a weighted sum of underlyngs (standard symbols), the Quote manager have to fill all the columns (open, close, high, low, volume). In this way could be easy replicate or create new index.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Jan 2008

Hi Danilo,

Thank you for the suggestion. We are going to add a functionality for the creation of synthetic symbols in future MC versions.

Best regards.

wullenweber helmut

ASCII Mapping

Postby wullenweber helmut » 23 Jan 2008

It would be nice to have the possibility for importing montly data in the quote manager. I use this feature in TS2000i to plot economic indicators.
Attachments
LEI.PNG
(18.68 KiB) Downloaded 21918 times

wullenweber helmut

Plot type: Flatline

Postby wullenweber helmut » 23 Jan 2008

Plottype Flatlines is highly recommanded to plot for example pivotpoint lines intraday as shown in “Pivotlevels” not using trendlines rather then a plottye flatlines. Easier while coding also the numbers of the pivotlevels would be displayed in the hint.

Flatlines would allow Multichart users to see such nice charts as shown in “RenkoFlatline”. The vertical line between the Renkolevels as shown in “RenkoLine” is annoying.

Regards

Helmut
Attachments
RenkoLine.png
(155.56 KiB) Downloaded 21966 times
RenkoFlatline.png
(131.83 KiB) Downloaded 21973 times
Pivotlevels.png
(85.01 KiB) Downloaded 21959 times

RobotMan

Scale indicators to screen "centerline"

Postby RobotMan » 02 Feb 2008

I always wished I could put two indicators in the same subchart and not have to fiddle with the scale to "user defined" and set the min and max to the same +/- value so that the two indicators would have the same zeroline.

Ie: placing a long term and short term MACD on top of one another in the same subchart, or placing a MACD and CCI in the same subchart so that they always "share" the same zeroline. Even a CCI and stochastic, so that the CCi zeroline and the stochastic 50 line always "track" together.

If I try and set the "entire data series" and then click "ok" then find out what the max absolute value is then set the "user defined" min/max to this value, I usually end up with a tiny indicator in the middle of the subchart. So I end up guessing what the same +/- value should be and end up changing it during times of higher / lower volatility.

Re-writing indicator code is not the answer because different indicators work on so vastly different scales. One of the main things I use is a momentum indicator on price data and then the same indicator on cumulative net volume. I watch them like a hawk to make sure they are tracking together. I would have a much harder time if they were in two separate subcharts. But their scales are so different I cannot combine them into one indicator.

Bottom line: placing two indicators in one subchart saves screen space and is easier to spot patterns. Having an "auto-centering" screen scale option would help.

Thanks!
Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA
Attachments
separate.jpg
(114.11 KiB) Downloaded 21934 times
together.jpg
(114.8 KiB) Downloaded 21933 times
Last edited by RobotMan on 05 Feb 2008, edited 2 times in total.

RobotMan

Separate reserved words for Ticks and Contract/Share Volume

Postby RobotMan » 02 Feb 2008

Subject: Separate reserved words for Ticks and Contract/Share Volume

When I write an indicator, function or strategy I must be mindful if I have set the chart symbol to "Build Volume On:" either "Trade Volume" or "Tick Count". I believe this is now counter productive and reflects obsolete "TS thinking". What if you want to use both in one indicator?

The chart type is already set in "Resolution" and there are so many different types of chart resolutions now that separating the fact that there is a difference between 'trades per bar' and 'Contract/Shares per bar' in the same chart window is the next logical step in development and forward thinking. Why must we hold to the traditional and antiquated TS point of view? I believe this can be accomplished in PowerLanguage while still maintaining compatibility with Easylanguage.

I propose doing away with "Build Volume On:"

I propose new reserved words for Ticks, UpTicks, DownTicks, and Volume regardless of the resolution of the bar.

The new reserve words for Ticks ALWAYS should refer to number of trades.
TicksTotal = Total number of trades (including same price trades)
TicksUp = Number of Up trades
TicksDown = Number of Down trades

The new reserve words for Volume ALWAYS should refer to Contracts or Shares.
VolumeTotal = total shares or contracts traded
VolumeUp = number of shares or contracts traded at the ask
VolumeDown = number of shares or contracts traded on the bid

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ADDITONALLY!! I propose access to Depth of Market
TS Users have been BEGGING for this for YEARS.
TS just ignores them even though it is the number one requested thing.
These reserved words only work intra-day in real time. Data is not saved.
(see neoticker or NT that I am aware of)

VolumeBid(x) = TOTAL shares or contracts on the (BestBid - x ticks)
example:
VolumeBid(0) = TOTAL shares or contracts on the BestBid
VolumeBid(1) = TOTAL shares or contracts on the (bestbid - 1 tick)
VolumeBid(2) = TOTAL shares or contracts on the (bestbid - 2 ticks)

VolumeAsk(x) = TOTAL shares or contracts at the (BestAsk + x ticks)
example:
VolumeAsk(0) = TOTAL shares or contracts at the BestAsk
VolumeAsk(1) = TOTAL shares or contracts at the (BestAsk + 1 tick)
VolumeAsk(2) = TOTAL shares or contracts at the (BestAsk + 2 ticks)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Re-write studies like "Volume" etc, as "VolumeShares" and "VolumeTicks" and the like. They can now be used on ANY chart without confusion.

Indicators can be written for "point" charts and "minute" charts that reflect "average volume/tick" and the like.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

TJ

PLEditor

Postby TJ » 07 Feb 2008

PLEditor wish list:

when I type a Begin, I would automatically get a matching End.

TJ

Quick Alarm

Postby TJ » 14 Feb 2008

Quick Alarm:

Put an Alarm icon on the tool bar,

How it works:

if you click on the icon, then click on a price on the Y-axis, you get a price alarm.

if you click on the icon, then click on a time on the X-axis, you get a time alarm.

I know the same thing can be achieved by a trendline alert, but that takes too many key strokes to activate.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Feb 2008

Thank you TJ!

We'll consider your suggestions for implementation.

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 Feb 2008

an optional clock at each chart.

both count down and count up style would be nice.

e.g. on a 5min chart, the clock will show the time remaining until a new bar is formed.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 19 Feb 2008

One feature that I really miss from TS is the + and - keys can expand or contract bar spacing. It is VERY handy.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 19 Feb 2008

an optional clock at each chart.

both count down and count up style would be nice.

e.g. on a 5min chart, the clock will show the time remaining until a new bar is formed.
Rather than a clock, an easier method might be a 5 segment indicator that changes color as each minute counts down.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 20 Feb 2008

One feature that I really miss from TS is the + and - keys can expand or contract bar spacing. It is VERY handy.
You can use Ctrl+/- to expand/compress bar spacing.

YK

Hotkeys at Strategy Performance Report

Postby YK » 06 Mar 2008

Hotkeys at Strategy Performance Report Chart

Default : Cross
Press Space : Pan - Release : Cross

Press Ctrl+Space : ZoomIn - Release : Cross
Press Alt+Space : ZoomOut - Release : Cross

Ctrl + 0 : ResetZoom

These hotkeys are same as Adobe PhotoShop.
Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts”