When asking for minute data quote manager still loads tick

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Laurentius

When asking for minute data quote manager still loads tick

Postby Laurentius » 13 May 2011

I have unchecked/turned off the IQFeed option to "Build minute and daily bars based on tick data" to build minute bars on minute data. After unchecking I closed both Quote Manager and MultiCharts then restarting after a minute or so to let all files close.

The problem is that it still insists on building bars on tick data with IQFeed. I have also tried daily, but it does not load daily data.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
Laurentius

Stan Bokov

Re: When asking for minute data quote manager still loads ti

Postby Stan Bokov » 16 May 2011

Hi,

We can't see all of the details with just that screenshot. For instance, did all processes load out after you closed MC? If you could, please come to the Live Chat, so we can look at it. Should be a fairly quick exercise to determine if MC 'forgets' to stop asking for tick data.

Laurentius

Postby Laurentius » 01 Jun 2011

Hello Stan,

I have been in contact with both MC Live Chat and IQFeed support. IQFeed told me that to have bars built on minute and daily data I had to use the Trade field with the spot FX feed. With spot FX I am used to only using the Bid field, so it came as a surprise.

When choosing the trade field with IQFeed spot FX one get the same price feed as the bid, so it makes no difference on the chart, but as mentioned one gets minute and daily data.

Case solved : )

Laurentius

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 02 Jun 2011

Thanks for the update Laurentius.

So, jsut to check if I understand correctly, if you choose the Bid field for IQFeed data feed for Spot FX, it's ticks only - there is no historical minute or daily data?

But if you choose Trade field - there is historical minute and daily data. And you are saying values for Trade and Bid are the same?

Laurentius

Postby Laurentius » 02 Jun 2011

Hello Stan,

Yes you are correct about all three statements.

Laurentius

Return to “MultiCharts”