Chart time scale  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Chart time scale

Postby Guest » 05 Jun 2011

I would like the chart time scale to automatically scroll to the right as candles close new candles are formed. The way my charts are setup now, I have to keep clicking the scroll to the right arrow every so often to see the candles that are past my chart window. I have user defined scale set in format instrument window.

TJ

Re: Chart time scale

Postby TJ » 05 Jun 2011

I would like the chart time scale to automatically scroll to the right as candles close new candles are formed. The way my charts are setup now, I have to keep clicking the scroll to the right arrow every so often to see the candles that are past my chart window. I have user defined scale set in format instrument window.
The scrolling is automatic, if the slider is at the right most edge.

if you move the slider off the right most edge, the chart will stay at that position, even when the market has moved.

if you do not want so much white space on the right side of the chart, you can adjust that by:

right click on the chart,
select Format Window,
under X-Time Scale tab,
change Right Margin

Re: Chart time scale

Postby Guest » 09 Jun 2011

Thanks TJ. The issue was all the white space. No idea why its defaulted to so many bars worth of white space on creation of a chart -- lowered the number to a couple of bars and charts work as i am accustomed to in other applications. Felt like an idiot asking this kind of question

TJ

Re: Chart time scale  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 09 Jun 2011

Thanks TJ. The issue was all the white space. No idea why its defaulted to so many bars worth of white space on creation of a chart -- lowered the number to a couple of bars and charts work as i am accustomed to in other applications. Felt like an idiot asking this kind of question
You are welcome.

Return to “MultiCharts”