Order and position tracker

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rgranero

Order and position tracker

Postby rgranero » 07 Sep 2010

Hi,

I haven' t found in MC a function like "tracking center" of TS 2000i (a summary of the open position per workspace, the active order and all the filled order). I have found "Order and position tracker", but seems working only in automated mode.

Thanks
Riccardo

Anastassia

Re: Order and position tracker

Postby Anastassia » 08 Sep 2010

Hi Riccardo,
"Tracking center" of TS is the same thing as "Order and position tracker" in MultiCharts.
I have found "Order and position tracker", but seems working only in automated mode.
You are correct, the information on orders will only be available with autotrading on.
Thank you

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 08 Sep 2010

You are correct, the information on orders will only be available with autotrading on.
Thank you
Am I correct to assume that once manual orders are supported in MC then a trader will be able to use Order and Position Tracker also for manauly executed trades and order?

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 08 Sep 2010

Hi Tresor,

You are correct to assume so.
Thank you

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 08 Sep 2010

GOOD :)

amadeu1

Postby amadeu1 » 19 Jan 2011

Could you tell me when manual orders will be supported in MC ? I would also like to have the tracking window working without autotrading (like in TS2001)

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 20 Jan 2011

Dear amadeu1,

Manual trading will be supported in MC 7. Currently, the Pre-Alpha version is tested. Public Beta version should be available soon. In MC 7 you will be able to see all your orders in Order and Position Tracker even if auto trading is off.

amadeu1

Postby amadeu1 » 06 Jun 2011

Hi,

I am checking again wether in the MC 7.0 Beta 4 Version the Position tracker works now like in TS2000i - namley offline for manual trading? Meaning without autotrading.
Thanks

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 07 Jun 2011

Dear amadeu1,

We changed the connection methods in MC7, there are now Broker Profiles which you connect whenever you want to trade (auto or manually). If you are connected, Order and Position Tracker will pick up info about the accounts, orders, etc. If you are not connected, you will see only historical logs in OPT (if you already did some trades in the past during current working session with MC).

To answer your question, you don't have to autotrade to see info about your account - you just need to connect your broker profile. You can then trade manually, trade automatically, or don't trade at all.

amadeu1

Postby amadeu1 » 08 Jun 2011

Dear Stan,

i dont want to use any brokers account where MC downloads my positions etc. I just want to use the MC as i did with TS2000i. Example: I have a chart, i have a moving average crossover system on it and the chart shows me that I am long 1contract and that there should be a stop loss order to exit. I need exactly that information in the Order and Position Tracker.

I give you another example: Lets say you have a good system and you sell the signals to subscribers. So you dont have a broker and you dont manage money directly. Now you need to send the orders and theorectical open positions to your subcribers as they change intraday. I then need to follow the Open positions and open orders on a "theoretical" basis off the system on my chart. Just like TS2000i.

Thanks

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 08 Jun 2011

i dont want to use any brokers account where MC downloads my positions etc. I just want to use the MC as i did with TS2000i. Example: I have a chart, i have a moving average crossover system on it and the chart shows me that I am long 1contract and that there should be a stop loss order to exit. I need exactly that information in the Order and Position Tracker.
Dear amadeu1,

You cannot currently do that in MultiCharts. Order and Position Tracker is meant for tracking only real positions. The information about your chart is available in the Strategy Performance Report (updates with every new trade placed), which shows you how you're doing.
I give you another example: Lets say you have a good system and you sell the signals to subscribers. So you dont have a broker and you dont manage money directly. Now you need to send the orders and theorectical open positions to your subcribers as they change intraday. I then need to follow the Open positions and open orders on a "theoretical" basis off the system on my chart. Just like TS2000i.
This would require some sort of theorietical execution engine built into MultiCharts. MultiCharts can't currently keep track of hypothetical open positions, only real ones.

danigiu

Postby danigiu » 09 Jun 2011

Hi, just a quick note to say I would also love to have what amadeu1 is asking, that is basically what is doing the TS 2000i Tracking Center, very useful for who trades manually or use a broker not supported by MC.

furytrader

Postby furytrader » 09 Jun 2011

Agreed. That would be very helpful.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 10 Jun 2011

Agreed. That would be very helpful.
Please Feature Request it in the PM if you want it to be considered.

Return to “MultiCharts”