ELExcel.dll: Any info on how to get it?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

ELExcel.dll: Any info on how to get it?

Postby arjfca » 07 Jun 2011

Hello

I'm looking to built an application using Multicharts and Excel. TJ an other members of the forum suggested me to use ELExcel.dll to do the work. I'm looking for a place where I could get it. The dll. is offer freely on TS forum, but I don't have access to it.

With some research, I found that XLinputs.dll should do the same. Unfortunally, I can't reach the developper and I still don't know if it work with MC since it as been developped for TS. This one cost 175$. I don't mind to pay as long as I got a viable solution.

Any info appreciated

Martin

TJ

Re: ELExcel.dll: Any info on how to get it?

Postby TJ » 07 Jun 2011

Hello

I'm looking to built an application using Multicharts and Excel. TJ an other members of the forum suggested me to use ELExcel.dll to do the work. I'm looking for a place where I could get it. The dll. is offer freely on TS forum, but I don't have access to it.

With some research, I found that XLinputs.dll should do the same. Unfortunally, I can't reach the developper and I still don't know if it work with MC since it as been developped for TS. This one cost 175$. I don't mind to pay as long as I got a viable solution.

Any info appreciated

Martin
http://www.tradersxchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=622

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 07 Jun 2011

Many Many thanks TJ!
ElExel.dll downloaded and installed.

Another Sandwich for you my friend.
Soon a full truck load. :D

Martin

TJ

Postby TJ » 07 Jun 2011

Many Many thanks TJ!
ElExel.dll downloaded and installed.

Another Sandwich for you my friend.
Soon a full truck load. :D

Martin
You are welcome.

gillesc

Postby gillesc » 23 May 2017

I would like to use ELExcel.dll with MultiCharts64 (Version: MultiCharts64 Version 10.0 Release (Build 14322)) and Windows 10.

I followed the instructions in the supplied ReadMe.txt file ( I placed the dll in the c:\Windows\System32 directory... I also tried placing it in the Multicharts64 directory as per a note I read from Henry on this board), but received the MC Error msg: "Can't find dll "elexcel.dll" when I launched the "Excel Link - Demo 1" indicator in MC64..

I tried unsuccessfully to run the Regsvr32 command in Windows 10 to register it (I tried with both the 64bit and 32bit versions of Regsvr).

Any thoughts as to how I can get this to run properly? The functionality this DLL offers is great, and it seems very simple to use. I currently have a few fairly sophisticated signals that use the GlobalVariable storage extensively... I would like to use Excel as a dashboard to see in real time what is happening in the shared memory, and perhaps interact directly and in real time with the signals as they are running in automated mode.

Thanks

ABC

Postby ABC » 24 May 2017

I would like to use ELExcel.dll with MultiCharts64 (Version: MultiCharts64 Version 10.0 Release (Build 14322)) and Windows 10.
gillesc,

do you have a 64bit version of the ELExcel.dll? I am not sure if one exists, but it would be required to use it with Multicharts64.

Regards,

ABC

gillesc

Postby gillesc » 24 May 2017

gillesc,

do you have a 64bit version of the ELExcel.dll? I am not sure if one exists, but it would be required to use it with Multicharts64.

Regards,

ABC
Hi ABC,

Thank you for your reply.

I cannot tell from the documentation provided with the DLL (which I picked up on this board) whether it is 32 or 64 bits. And I think that you are correct in suspecting that this may be at the source of the issue...

So let me rephrase my query...

Does anyone know how to go about obtaining a 64bit version of the ELExcel DLL ?

Thanks,

Gilles

TJ

Postby TJ » 24 May 2017

gillesc

Postby gillesc » 25 May 2017

Hi TJ,

Thank you for the link.

I copied the exellinkA64.DLL file to my C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64 directory, as per the ReadMe file in the excellink40.zip zipped file I downloaded from the https://fx1.net/excellink.php page.

I am still unable to compile a study using the external reference...

Here is an example of a simple indicator which I cannot compile:

Code: Select all

external:
"C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64\excellinkA64.dll", LPSTR, "ExcelVersion" ;

print ( "ExcelLinkA64.dll version : " & ExcelVersion() ) ;
The compilation ends as follows:
Study: "gcI_excellink_Demo" (Indicator)
Please wait ....
------ Compiled with error(s): ------
Compile error
line 0, column 0
I am using the latest release of Windows 10 and Build 14322 of MultiCharts64 Version 10.0 (this is the most current release of MC64).

Any further thoughts as to what I need to do to get my signals to compile when using this DLL ?

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Gilles

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 May 2017

This is advanced programming. You might need to engage a professional programmer.

gillesc

Postby gillesc » 25 May 2017

This is advanced programming. You might need to engage a professional programmer.
He he... I am a professional programmer... And I somewhat agree with you; this community is indeed in serious need of professional help... :wink:

On a more serious note, however, what I am attempting to achieve here is not really (or at least should not really be) considered advanced. The fundamental issue is that there is a whole mismash of often outdated bits of information all over the place, and this makes it impossible for anyone to seriously and efficiently go about fully exploiting the benefits of the phenomenal tools that are made available to the community.

I really love the raw power MultiCharts makes available to the common of mortals, especially with the use of PowerLanguage. I am however really concerned that MC's efforts will be thwarted by cloud players that purport to making things "easy" ( check out QuantConnect, Quantopia, etc... if you need convincing). I think that, paramount to the survival of this community, we must quickly open up to the integration of external technologies - and we must make it easy for everyone to do so.

I commit that I will pay forward manyfold to the community any benefit and assistance I receive from it. The first thing I propose to do, once I will have completed my MC64 Adaptive Trading Environment prototype, is to write and make available on this board a White Paper that will document in detail the entire development journey, from the day I acquired a MC license, opened and configured an InteractiveBroker account, learned how to program in PowerLanguage, learned how to trade equities, currencies and commodities with this new set of tools, began to use more advanced features like GlobalVariables to start communicating between signals and external applications, how I developed a real-time and interactive DashBoard and ControlCentre in Excel to interface directly with active AutoTrading signals, etc. And I will make all this available with videos and real code examples... I want this White Paper to allow a complete neophyte (albeit with basic trading and programming skills) to be able to trade live, safely and profitably using sophisticated adaptive signals with relative ease and celerity and without having to keep spending money on various add-ons and consulting fees.

So, now that you have read my condensed manifesto, all that is standing between today and this White Paper is getting this ExcelLink dll working properly and a few more weeks of developing and testing...

You, TJ, have done your piece to help me and I thank you profusely for it... Anyone else can get me to successfully compile the little stub above? That's all I need... :D

Thanks,

Gilles

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 May 2017

You might want to put the DLL in any and every directory where a DLL might reside. The program and windows have mysterous ways of looking for things in unexpected places.

gillesc

Re: ELExcel.dll: Any info on how to get it?  [SOLVED]

Postby gillesc » 26 May 2017

You might want to put the DLL in any and every directory where a DLL might reside. The program and windows have mysterous ways of looking for things in unexpected places.
FYI:

I rebooted my machine and this fixed the problem... It is possible that just closing the PL Editor and restarting it may also have worked...

So now I can compile my indicator, open a worksheet and write values to it with the ExcelPutValue function.

I am however experiencing problems with the ExcelPutString function... It only writes the first character of the string (LPSTR type) into the Excel worksheet cell. I have opened an incident with the support people at FX1.net. I'll keep you posted.

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 May 2017

It is good to hear that it works.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Return to “MultiCharts”