MULTICHARTS 7 BETA 5 RELEASE -- Questions/Issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MULTICHARTS 7 BETA 5 RELEASE -- Questions/Issues

Postby admin » 30 Jun 2011

MultiCharts 7 Beta 5 is nearing on the Release Candidate and the final release of MultiCharts 7 (scheduled for July 13th, 2011). We are no longer developing new features, but polishing off everything that we created so far, and improving usability, as well as creating a learning environment that should help users. We fixed some critical issues, and upgraded symbol mapping.

Learn more about MultiCharts 7 Beta 5 and download it

JackR

Re: MULTICHARTS 7 BETA 5 RELEASE -- Questions/Issues

Postby JackR » 30 Jun 2011

MultiCharts 7 Beta 5 is nearing on the Release Candidate and the final release of MultiCharts 7.., [including] a learning environment that should help users....
Site Admin:

Does this refer to an updated Help function or something else?

Jack

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 30 Jun 2011

MultiCharts 7 Beta 5 is nearing on the Release Candidate and the final release of MultiCharts 7.., [including] a learning environment that should help users....
Site Admin:

Does this refer to an updated Help function or something else?

Jack
We might finish the Help file in time for the release, but that may not occur. We are referring to tutorial videos on most commonly used aspect of MultiCharts and an updated Help file (as much as we can finish).

arnie

Postby arnie » 30 Jun 2011

Today TSSupport made me a very happy man :)
I'm gonna even sleep better tonight :P

I can finally see on my eSignal charts the orders given through the chart window. No more IB charts to manage my stops.

Thank you guys.

Regards,
Fernando

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 30 Jun 2011

I'm a happy guy too- the timing of beta5 is perfect, a long weekend to check out the new beta- Thanks !

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 30 Jun 2011

A few small issues that probably have to do with my ignorance than with MC. Please have a look at the picture.

The order was placed with Trade bar. Good news is that I can close ths position via OPT.

The problem is I cannot close the position using Trade panel.

Regards
Attachments
Issue.jpg
(166.17 KiB) Downloaded 7430 times

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 30 Jun 2011

I now placed an order using Trade Panel. The trade initiated that way is also not visible on the chart and cannot be closed / flatten with the use of Trade Panel.

Maybe this behaviour of MC is PFG specific.

rondot samuel ws

Postby rondot samuel ws » 01 Jul 2011

Hi,

Custom Futures : Symbol Root.

On my server, the list begin at the H letter ?

nothing before.
Attachments
QM List Symbol Root uncomplete.png
symbol root missing before H
(19.44 KiB) Downloaded 7366 times

rondot samuel ws

Postby rondot samuel ws » 01 Jul 2011

Hi,

Symbol Mapping : that's a GREAT improvment !!!!

Is order is important, because sometimes MIBSX is first ans sometimes it is second place ?

Regards
Attachments
Symbol Mapping.png
New Symbol Mapping
(31.15 KiB) Downloaded 7370 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 01 Jul 2011

It seems that there are an issue with PnL.

See attached image.

On the left we have an eSignal chart, indicating a 52 pip loss, and on the right, an IB chart, indicating a 5 pip loss. In terms of % and $ PnL is equal on both charts. Only pip is showing this discrepancy.

Regards,
Fernando
Attachments
pip error.png
(99.73 KiB) Downloaded 7356 times

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 01 Jul 2011

A symbol traded yesterday received ''On'' status in QM today and is not capable of plotting. It is better explained in the screenshot.
Attachments
PFG issue.jpg
(192.48 KiB) Downloaded 7356 times

arnie

Another thing I've noticed (I don't no if previous versions acted the same way), if I have 1 IB chart and 1 eSignal chart, both of the same instrument, and an order is given, Position Tracker will register the order twice, one for each chart (IB and eSignal). Is this a normal reaction?

Only 1 order is sent to IB, but I found strange the Position Tracker reaction.

If only 1 chart is open (IB or eSignal), Position Tracker will only register that order (1).

Regards,
Fernando
Attachments
duplicate-order.gif
(7.86 KiB) Downloaded 7346 times

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 01 Jul 2011

It seems that there are an issue with PnL.

See attached image.

On the left we have an eSignal chart, indicating a 52 pip loss, and on the right, an IB chart, indicating a 5 pip loss. In terms of % and $ PnL is equal on both charts. Only pip is showing this discrepancy.

Regards,
Fernando
I don't think that's necessary a bug or error - if I'm not mistaken - depending on your definition what a "pip" is, is the 52 pip loss equal to the 5 pip loss. If you see a pip as the smallest price increment for a instrument, the 52 loss in a forex instrument with 'fractional pips' would equal a loss of 5 pips in a instrument without 'fractional pips'.

There's a thread about these differences in definition here, and Stan mentions in that thread that (at the moment) it's not a bug but a design choice.

arnie

I don't think that's necessary a bug or error - if I'm not mistaken - depending on your definition what a "pip" is, is the 52 pip loss equal to the 5 pip loss. If you see a pip as the smallest price increment for a instrument, the 52 loss in a forex instrument with 'fractional pips' would equal a loss of 5 pips in a instrument without 'fractional pips'.
Hi JoshM

I was just going to reply to my own message because I discovered the error.

I don't know why (although it's the second time this happens), but I have 5 decimal places in my eSignal 6E chart.

That's the reason of having that discrepancy between PnL's.

All sorted out now.

Thanks.
Regards,
Fernando

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 01 Jul 2011

A few small issues that probably have to do with my ignorance than with MC. Please have a look at the picture.

The order was placed with Trade bar. Good news is that I can close ths position via OPT.

The problem is I cannot close the position using Trade panel.

Regards
Dear Tresor,

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. If you are able to reproduce the issue, please send us the log files collected before you restart MC.

You can find log files here:

WinXP
"%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\"

VISTA, W7
"%USERPROFILE%\Local\TS Support\MultiCharts\"

You should paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.

Dave Masalov

Hi,

nothing before.
Dear rondot samuel ws,

Your database seems to be corrupted. Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri between 6:30AM and 2PM EST so we can connect to your computer remotely and help you. Please note that Live Chat will be closed on next Monday, 4th of July.

Tresor

Attachments
no scroll down.PNG
(51.82 KiB) Downloaded 7346 times

Dave Masalov

Hi,

Is order is important, because sometimes MIBSX is first ans sometimes it is second place ?

Regards
Dear rondot samuel ws,

The first exchange should be the same as in the Chart Symbol column (if the data source and the broker are the same). The first exchange is one on which the orders are sent, the second - one from which we receive callback.

Also, first lines on your screenshot seem to be incorrect. Please make sure that you add symbols from data source (Quote Manager --> Instrument --> Add --> From Data Source).

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 01 Jul 2011

Sounds good TSS. I can't wait to upgrade this weekend and try the corrected arrows. Hopefully I can switch to the wide fat one I use to indicate RSI lead breaks rather than the dotted one that was centering a bit better but is hard to notice.

Also thanks for giving us email update on these corrections via the Program Management tool. That is just great.

John.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 01 Jul 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Dave Masalov

Another thing I've noticed (I don't no if previous versions acted the same way), if I have 1 IB chart and 1 eSignal chart, both of the same instrument, and an order is given, Position Tracker will register the order twice, one for each chart (IB and eSignal). Is this a normal reaction?

Only 1 order is sent to IB, but I found strange the Position Tracker reaction.

If only 1 chart is open (IB or eSignal), Position Tracker will only register that order (1).

Regards,
Fernando
Dear Fernando,

The reason of such behavior is that you have two chart symbols (IB chart and eSignal chart) mapped to one symbol at broker (IB). We understand that it may be confusing so we plan to display such orders in one line using / (slash) symbol: 6E U1 / 6EU1 in your case. Do you think such behavior will be less confusing?

Dave Masalov

A symbol traded yesterday received ''On'' status in QM today and is not capable of plotting. It is better explained in the screenshot.
Dear Tresor,

If you are able to reproduce the issue, please sends us MC and PFG logs (located in the same folder) before restarting MC. Apparently, the is no real-time data for the symbol.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 01 Jul 2011

Hi,

nothing before.
^^ Yes, I noticed that too..(can't access ES ) Was ok in beta 4

Tresor

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. If you are able to reproduce the issue, please send us the log files collected before you restart MC.

You can find log files here:

WinXP
"%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\"
It happened to me a minute ago. A trade on USDJPY initiated via Trade Bar is visibile on chart, while a trade on GBPAUD initiated the same way is not visible on the chart.

Forgive me the silly question - never sent logs before - should I zip / rar all 5 folders on the picture?
Attachments
5 folders.jpg
(26.33 KiB) Downloaded 7336 times

Dave Masalov

A usability bug reported here https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-464
Dear Tresor,

The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

Dave Masalov

should I zip / rar all 5 folders on the picture?
Please send all the folders except Cache to dmasalov@multicharts.com.

Tresor

Ok, I sent the logs. Additional info:

Trades initiated via Trade Bar are not visible for 1 minute / 30 minutes / 4 hours / whatever.

They become visible only once I activate Trade Panel by clicking Trade Panel icon in upper right corner of the chart.

Dave Masalov

Trades initiated via Trade Bar are not visible for 1 minute / 30 minutes / 4 hours / whatever.

They become visible only once I activate Trade Panel by clicking Trade Panel icon in upper right corner of the chart.
This is normal behavior. It was done in order to decrease CPU and memory resources consumption.

arnie

The reason of such behavior is that you have two chart symbols (IB chart and eSignal chart) mapped to one symbol at broker (IB). We understand that it may be confusing so we plan to display such orders in one line using / (slash) symbol: 6E U1 / 6EU1 in your case. Do you think such behavior will be less confusing?

The thing is, when you look at the Position Tracker and you see 2 orders, your first thought is that 2 orders have been sent to the broker, when in fact only one was sent.

Yes, it would be preferable to combine the 2 chart orders into one line. This way, we won't need to confirm in TWS if in fact only 1 position was taken or not.

Regards,
Fernando

Dave Masalov

If you bring in the feature to optionally retain the cross hair when I move the arrows that already exist on the screen
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-413
I will be really happy because then I will get a perfect arrow move the first time every single time. It is a perfect follow up to the centering correction.
John,

Thank you for your suggestion. It is a good idea indeed. However, we are no longer adding new features at the moment, but rather polishing off everything that we created so far.

Grigorios

Postby Grigorios » 01 Jul 2011

Hi Dave,

I have a chart open with a custom future (continouos) FGBL root from demo Zenfire feed open and i am trying to send order to my simulation IB account for that symbol root and current expiry month....with no luck...could you help please how to set right the format broker symbol dialog in symbol mapping window ? I am on MCDT beta 5.

thanks in advance

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 01 Jul 2011

Attention MB Trading users

To use MB Trading with MultiCharts 7 Beta 5 and MCDT Beta 5 - Please install the latest version of MBT application:

Release Candidate
Version 11.8.0.33 - 9.1MB
Updated: 6/2/2011

You can download it here: http://www.mbtrading.com/mbtdesktop.aspx

Dave Masalov

I have a chart open with a custom future (continouos) FGBL root from demo Zenfire feed open and i am trying to send order to my simulation IB account for that symbol root and current expiry month....with no luck...could you help please how to set right the format broker symbol dialog in symbol mapping window ? I am on MCDT beta 5.
Grigorios,

Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri between 6:30AM and 2PM EST so we can connect to your computer remotely and help you. Please note that Live Chat will be closed on next Monday, 4th of July.

Grigorios

Hi Dave,
problem solved .....i did'nt know i had to add IB's symbol in quote manager....now a new issue...right click menu does not show "place order" dialog when on chart from zenfire feed and active IB"s broker profile........

Grigorios,

Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri between 6:30AM and 2PM EST so we can connect to your computer remotely and help you. Please note that Live Chat will be closed on next Monday, 4th of July.

Grigorios

and in the same set up ....when i place a stop order to go short bellow the market it gets immediately filled as market long order....lol

DRCM

Postby DRCM » 01 Jul 2011

Hi,

When my IB TWS is running already, i open MC and it brings another login window for IB platform. If I close that window ( because anyway you can`t run two TWSes at the same time ) my DOM window keeps connecting to broker forever, if I try to press broker icon on DOM window, I mean switch it off and on again, it doesn`t connect to IB anyway. Is it bug? with all previous MC7 beta versions I had no problems in this case and DOM was connecting to broker automatically when I open MC.

Update 4th July 2011
I started MC,TWS and all my charts and DOM windows today and everything works fine. I don`t know what was wrong on Friday.
Last edited by DRCM on 04 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

JackR

Postby JackR » 02 Jul 2011

Hi,

On my server, the list begin at the H letter ? .... Nothing before.
**************************^^
Yes, I noticed that too..(can't access ES ) Was ok in beta 4
I have the same problem. The IB Source list starts with the HSI and you cannot get a "lower" letter. All the other data source symbol lists seem to start at the lower end of the ASCII scale, that is numbers and then letters. It seems only the InteractiveBrokers list is bad.

Jack

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 03 Jul 2011

Note, the arrow centering problem at the link below was not 100% fixed.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-412

I could tell at a glance that there was still a misalignment so I got a magnifying glass. It becomes very clear as to exactly what the problem is when you 1/ zoom the arrow and 2/ get the magnifying glass on it then 3/ position the cross hair at the bar as well. I attached this procedure to the above link (both in the reproduction section and in the picture itself). I also attached the picture here as well.

Maybe the status of the above link needs an adjustment. For my uses this specific arrow is the one I like to use that needs to be centered (outside of the thinner arrows). My code automatically switches to this arrow type when an RSI lead break is detected. However all arrow styles really should be reviewed at this detail level (especially when the ctrl key snap to cross hair feature is eventually put in).
Attachments
MagnifyGlassExample.PNG
(51.95 KiB) Downloaded 7338 times
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 04 Jul 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 03 Jul 2011

This is normal behavior. It was done in order to decrease CPU and memory resources consumption.
A low resource consuming solution in presented in the picture. Users can vote here https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-475 if they want to see their trades that were placed using Trade Bar.
Attachments
Show trade intiated with Trade Bar.png
(67.65 KiB) Downloaded 7346 times

momentum

Postby momentum » 04 Jul 2011

Today TSSupport made me a very happy man :)
I'm gonna even sleep better tonight :P

I can finally see on my eSignal charts the orders given through the chart window. No more IB charts to manage my stops.

Thank you guys.

Regards,
Fernando

I'm not seeing this. Is there any extra config??

arnie

Postby arnie » 04 Jul 2011

No, just give an order and you'll see it on the eSignal charts.
Drag a stop order onto it, and again, you'll see them.

See the attached image.
eSignal chart, and the stops orders.

In previous beta versions they would only be visible on IB/brokers charts.

regards
Attachments
esignal charts orders.png
(43.61 KiB) Downloaded 7346 times

SP

Postby SP » 04 Jul 2011

[quote="rondot samuel ws"]Hi,

[/quote]

Second that, the new mapping is great.

Is there a plan to add sound alerts (OrderFilled, StopFilled, TargetFilled....) to the DOM and Chart Trading in the next version or should i make a feature request ?

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 04 Jul 2011

When my IB TWS is running already, i open MC and it brings another login window for IB platform.
I just brought up MC 7.0 beta 5 (for the first time) after having TWS already running and had no problems. However, I do not use any execution from MC so maybe that is the difference.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 04 Jul 2011

Note, the arrow centering problem at the link below was not 100% fixed.

I could tell at a glance that there was still a misalignment so I got a magnifying glass. It becomes very clear as to exactly what the problem is when you 1/ zoom the arrow and 2/ get the magnifying glass on it then 3/ position the cross hair at the bar as well. I attached this procedure to the above link (both in the reproduction section and in the picture itself). I also attached the picture here as well.

Maybe the status of the above link needs an adjustment. For my uses this specific arrow is the one I like to use that needs to be centered (outside of the thinner arrows). My code automatically switches to this arrow type when an RSI lead break is detected. However all arrow styles really should be reviewed at this detail level (especially when the ctrl key snap to cross hair feature is eventually put in).
While addressing https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-412 we fixed problems with misalignment of more than one pixel (see attached screenshot).

Here is some background info - To obtain the size of the arrow we use the Windows GDI
GetTextExtentPoint32 function:
"The GetTextExtentPoint32 function computes the width and height of the specified string of text. "

It returns them this way, on certain types of arrows and with certain sizes. For example, in your case you will have misalignment with size 6, but with size 8 you'll be fine. The problem is there will always be some arrow type and some arrow size that won't look 100% - it's very difficult to fix permanently because shifting it for one parameter may cause other issues. It's best if you found the type and size that works for you and gives no misalignment, and you stick with that.
Attachments
Arrow_misalignment.jpg
(235.64 KiB) Downloaded 7340 times

momentum

Postby momentum » 04 Jul 2011

No, just give an order and you'll see it on the eSignal charts.
Drag a stop order onto it, and again, you'll see them.

See the attached image.
eSignal chart, and the stops orders.

In previous beta versions they would only be visible on IB/brokers charts.

regards
Thanks But NOT showing up here see pic
Attachments
MCsupport3.jpg
(402.09 KiB) Downloaded 7340 times

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 04 Jul 2011

You have to setup your Symbol Mapping in order for it to show up.

bowlesj3

It's best if you found the type and size that works for you and gives no misalignment, and you stick with that.
Thanks Stan, I will give it a try.
John.

arnie

Postby arnie » 04 Jul 2011

Thanks But NOT showing up here see pic
That sounds to be a mapping problem.

I had to mapp all symbols again when I installed beta 5.
Actually, I had to create all new IB symbols in QM because, god knows why, I wasn't being able to mapp the IB symbols that I already had on my database.

bowlesj3

Hi Stan,

Regarding your response about the arrow centering (quote below), if the feature at link
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-413
is implemented then the arrow centering becomes much less important since the cross hair will be always used to place arrows and move arrows anyway and we will know they are (perfectly placed first time every time without exception) anyway and therefore there is no need to try and figure out what bar they are above or below. For me this will probably save me 5 to 10 minutes every single day since I am constantly going back with the cursor to double check (many times zooming the chart too which really adds up after 500 moves during a day).
While addressing https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-412 we fixed problems with misalignment of more than one pixel (see attached screenshot).

Here is some background info - To obtain the size of the arrow we use the Windows GDI
GetTextExtentPoint32 function:
"The GetTextExtentPoint32 function computes the width and height of the specified string of text. "

It returns them this way, on certain types of arrows and with certain sizes. For example, in your case you will have misalignment with size 6, but with size 8 you'll be fine. The problem is there will always be some arrow type and some arrow size that won't look 100% - it's very difficult to fix permanently because shifting it for one parameter may cause other issues. It's best if you found the type and size that works for you and gives no misalignment, and you stick with that.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 05 Jul 2011

Hi John,

Ok, I see. We will see if we can implement MC-413.

larssan

Postby larssan » 05 Jul 2011

Hi,

Regarding the new chart trading feature.

I use OEC as broker and eSignal for data.

The 6E symbol price scale at OEC is showing 144.38 and the eSignal price is 1.4438.
So if I'm using eSignal on the chart the order price will be all wrong.

Is there a way to fix this ?

Regards, Lars

arnie

Postby arnie » 05 Jul 2011

Hi,

The 6E symbol price scale at OEC is showing 144.38 and the eSignal price is 1.4438.

Regards, Lars

It seems that the problem is from OEC side (ie. QM settings).

Confirm the settings in QM.

JackR

Postby JackR » 05 Jul 2011

I have the same problem. The IB Source list starts with the HSI and you cannot get a "lower" letter. All the other data source symbol lists seem to start at the lower end of the ASCII scale, that is numbers and then letters. It seems only the InteractiveBrokers list is bad.
Anything new on this problem that three of us reported?
Jack

larssan

Postby larssan » 05 Jul 2011

Hi,

Regards, Lars

It seems that the problem is from OEC side (ie. QM settings).

Confirm the settings in QM.
QM settings:
Pricescale: 1/100
Min move: 1
BPV: 1250

I don't think thats the issue, cause if you change to 1/100000, 1, 125000. (As it should be)
The price would show: 144.38000

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 05 Jul 2011

Hi Stan,

I went through and checked the various sizes for arrow style #3 and found what you said to be correct then I selected size #8 which is the smallest one that I could find which is 100% perfect.

However I found one that is seems was missed. It is arrow style #2. It appears to be missed because the up arrow and down arrow are different. With Style #2 size number 4 up arrow is perfect but the down arrow is out of line. Not only that I tried size #5 and it revered the bad alignment on the down arrow yet kept the perfect alignment on the up arrow.

QUESTION? Am I correct in assuming I should create a new Project Management entry for the style #2 problem or is the one below good enough?

Anyway, I will try a few other arrow styles to replace style #2 to see if I can use them.

NOTE: Style #0 has the same problem as style #2. but when I get up to size #6 the difference between the up and down arrow vanishes and they are both perfectly lined up. However size #6 on style #2 does not correct its problem mentioned above. So I guess I am using Style #0 and size #6 then Style #3 and Size #8 and all is well on this issue for me at least. What is interesting is sometimes style #0 will have a double point created by the computer (which still lines up perfect) and at other times it is a single point that (again still lines up perfect).

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 05 Jul 2011

JackR wrote:
sptrader wrote:
rondot samuel ws wrote:

Anything new on this problem that three of us reported?
Jack
Dear Sirs,

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri between 6:30AM and 2PM EST so we can connect to your machine remotely for investigation.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 05 Jul 2011

QM settings:
Pricescale: 1/100
Min move: 1
BPV: 1250

I don't think thats the issue, cause if you change to 1/100000, 1, 125000. (As it should be)
The price would show: 144.38000
Dear Lars,

Trading on OEC from eSignal charts requires a price multiplier feature which we plan to implement in one of the future versions of MultiCharts.

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 05 Jul 2011

Wrong Symbol Dictionary (Interactive Brokers, HSI)

The morning sessions, i.e. 9:15 to 12:00 (Monday to Friday), are missed for the captioned.

Why don't you add the Symbol Dictionary for symbol root of HHI.HK for the same exchange as well ?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 06 Jul 2011

Wrong Symbol Dictionary (Interactive Brokers, HSI)

The morning sessions, i.e. 9:15 to 12:00 (Monday to Friday), are missed for the captioned.
Dear Spaceant,

We made default session settings for HSI the same as in TWS: http://www.interactivebrokers.co.uk/con ... 1309941897
Why don't you add the Symbol Dictionary for symbol root of HHI.HK for the same exchange as well ?
We simply cannot add all existing symbol roots. Please submit your suggestion to the Project Management section of our web site so other users can vote for it.

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 06 Jul 2011

Dear Spaceant,

We made default session settings for HSI the same as in TWS: http://www.interactivebrokers.co.uk/con ... 1309941897
Dear Dave,

The info is wrong, perhaps IB has a mistake. I have just sent a message to IB to correct.

The trading sessions of HSI Futures can be referred to http://www.hkex.com.hk/eng/prod/drprod/ ... lend_3.htm

Monday to Friday
Morning Session: 9:15 to 12:00
Afternoon Session: 13:30 to 16:15

Could you correct it accordingly?

Sa

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 06 Jul 2011

I experience a few minute sluggishness in MC-PFG connection. Description and pictures in attached document.
Attachments
MC-PFG integration non-responsive.doc
(278.5 KiB) Downloaded 457 times

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 06 Jul 2011

It seems that modifying a stop loss and take profit is impossible with PFG. Explained in the picture.
Attachments
no TP and SL modifying possible.png
(75.25 KiB) Downloaded 7331 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 07 Jul 2011

It seems that modifying a stop loss and take profit is impossible with PFG. Explained in the picture.
Dear Tresor,

Could you tell me what is the order rejection message? You should be able to see it in Order and Position Tracker --> Logs.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 07 Jul 2011

Could you tell me what is the order rejection message? You should be able to see it in Order and Position Tracker --> Logs.
Here you are.
Attachments
logs.jpg
(105.14 KiB) Downloaded 7317 times

Dave Masalov

Here you are. logs.jpg
Please contact PFG to know why the orders are rejected. This is broker message: CXR can only change price and quantity.

Dave Masalov

I experience a few minute sluggishness in MC-PFG connection. Description and pictures in attached document.
Tresor,

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Please send us MC and PFG log files for further investigation,

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".

You should paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 08 Jul 2011

Tresor,

The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

JackR

Postby JackR » 08 Jul 2011

JackR wrote:
sptrader wrote:
rondot samuel ws wrote:

I have the same problem. The IB Source list starts with the HSI and you cannot get a "lower" letter.
Jack
We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri between 6:30AM and 2PM EST so we can connect to your machine remotely for investigation.
Did live chat/login routine. Problem confirmed - On the to be fixed list.
Jack

arnie

Postby arnie » 10 Jul 2011

I don't know if it's me or not, but since MC 7 beta1 version, there's something that have always bothered me.

I have 8 monitors, and 12 detached charts per workspace, having only 2 opened workspaces.
I spent all day between both workspaces, and what has been happened is this - sometimes, if I'm seeing workspace 1 and change to workspace 2 some charts charts of workspace 1 continue to be in front of workspace 2 charts.

In one workspace I have 12 EUR charts and in the other I have 12 Nasdaq charts. It's quite annoying when I move to EUR workspace, from Nasdaq, and can only see 6 EUR charts, the other 6 continue to be from the Nasdaq workspace.

I need to select the Nasdaq workspace again, and then go back to EUR again, so all 12 EUR charts are back in front again.

Has anyone notice this same reaction?

Regards,
Fernando

SP

Postby SP » 10 Jul 2011

arnie,

i have the same problem. Seems that if i use the "Stick window" on a DOM some other detached windows keep in front too.

arnie

Postby arnie » 10 Jul 2011

arnie,

i have the same problem. Seems that if i use the "Stick window" on a DOM some other detached windows keep in front too.
Yes SP,

I forgot about that one, DOM has also the same problem, although, other problems have been affecting the DOM.
For example, If I have 1 DOM in each workspace, sometimes, only one is receiving data, the other one is still connecting to the broker. I need to close both and then reopen them so data are streamed.

Other annoying thing is if the DOM window is selected, and you try to select a tool in MC, you can't, you need to select a chart window, and then choose a tool.
Even if the DOM windows is active, as soon as you click on a tool, MC window should be turned active, because this would indicate that you are going to draw something on a chart.

Since MC has now manual trading abilities, everything must be more "manually achievable". :wink:

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 10 Jul 2011

Please contact PFG to know why the orders are rejected. This is broker message: CXR can only change price and quantity.
The order rejection seems to be a proper action by PFG because I was only trying to change the price (level) of ST and TP and not price and quantity simultaneously.

I suspect (but can be wrong) that CXR works only when a trader changes both price and quantity. I only changed the price (TP and SL level) therefore the order was rejected. If I changed price and quantity my order would have been accepted.

I think for dragging TP and SL (when a trader changes ONLY price) MC must choose other command / order order type than CXR. Chosen should be the one that works when price OR quantity is changed, or ONLY price is changed.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 11 Jul 2011

I don't know if it's me or not, but since MC 7 beta1 version, there's something that have always bothered me.

I have 8 monitors, and 12 detached charts per workspace, having only 2 opened workspaces.
I spent all day between both workspaces, and what has been happened is this - sometimes, if I'm seeing workspace 1 and change to workspace 2 some charts charts of workspace 1 continue to be in front of workspace 2 charts.

In one workspace I have 12 EUR charts and in the other I have 12 Nasdaq charts. It's quite annoying when I move to EUR workspace, from Nasdaq, and can only see 6 EUR charts, the other 6 continue to be from the Nasdaq workspace.

I need to select the Nasdaq workspace again, and then go back to EUR again, so all 12 EUR charts are back in front again.

Regards,
Fernando
Problem confirmed. Scheduled for MC7 release. https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-486

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 11 Jul 2011

DOM has also the same problem, although, other problems have been affecting the DOM.
For example, If I have 1 DOM in each workspace, sometimes, only one is receiving data, the other one is still connecting to the broker. I need to close both and then reopen them so data are streamed.
Dear Fernando,

Do you know how to reproduce the issue? Please tell us what is the sequence of actions leading to the problem or come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri between 6:30AM and 2PM EST to demonstrate the issue.
Other annoying thing is if the DOM window is selected, and you try to select a tool in MC, you can't, you need to select a chart window, and then choose a tool.
Even if the DOM windows is active, as soon as you click on a tool, MC window should be turned active, because this would indicate that you are going to draw something on a chart.
This is how it is implemented: available options depend on the current active window (i.e. chart, scanner or DOM).

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 Jul 2011

Do you know how to reproduce the issue? Please tell us what is the sequence of actions leading to the problem or come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri between 6:30AM and 2PM EST to demonstrate the issue.
Hi Dave.

That has been the problem. I can't reproduce it.

This morning it happened again.
First I opened TWS, and then MC. I have 2 workspaces, 12 charts in each, and 1 DOM in each. Basically, the first workspace to load all charts is the one DOM receive data. The DOM in the other workspace just hangs there, requesting data...

I've just followed the steps again, but this time both DOM's received data.

I'll keep you posted when it happens again.

Regards

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 11 Jul 2011

That has been the problem. I can't reproduce it.

This morning it happened again.
First I opened TWS, and then MC. I have 2 workspaces, 12 charts in each, and 1 DOM in each. Basically, the first workspace to load all charts is the one DOM receive data. The DOM in the other workspace just hangs there, requesting data...

I've just followed the steps again, but this time both DOM's received data.

I'll keep you posted when it happens again.
Fernando,

We will try to reproduce the issue on our end. If it occurs again, please come to our Live Chat so we can connect to your machine for investigation.

TJ

Postby TJ » 11 Jul 2011

Regards,
Fernando
if you have used the "Stick" button on one of the detached charts (the push pin icon),
un-stick it by clicking on the "Stick" button,
then save the workspace.
This should clear the "sticky" problem.

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 Jul 2011

if you have used the "Stick" button on one of the detached charts (the push pin icon),
un-stick it by clicking on the "Stick" button,
then save the workspace.
This should clear the "sticky" problem.
None are or ever were "stick".

Return to “MultiCharts”