Using MB Trading with MC 7 Beta 5 and MCDT Beta 5

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Stan Bokov

Using MB Trading with MC 7 Beta 5 and MCDT Beta 5

Postby Stan Bokov » 01 Jul 2011

Attention MB Trading users

To use MB Trading with MultiCharts 7 Beta 5 and MCDT Beta 5 - Please install the latest version of MBT application:

Release Candidate
Version 11.8.0.33 - 9.1MB
Updated: 6/2/2011

You can download it here: http://www.mbtrading.com/mbtdesktop.aspx

kamicrazy

Re: Using MB Trading with MC 7 Beta 5 and MCDT Beta 5

Postby kamicrazy » 01 Jul 2011

i use mb desktop pro

is it compatible with that?

There is no real reason to use to non-pro version.

kamicrazy

Postby kamicrazy » 01 Jul 2011

Answering my own question...

No it's not compatible.

To make things slightly worse... the new version needed is a release candidate which they have pulled and is no longer available.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 01 Jul 2011

Thanks for the update - we'll look into it.

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2011

I realise, after doing a quick google search that someone had filed a bug report saying that they couldn't connect Multicharts using MBT Desktop 11.7.0.17 or 11.8.0.33.

Obviously you guys worked on it and tried to fix it in this new beta.

However its broken compatibility with the MBT Desktop Pro version. I was doing fine connecting to MB Trading using Desktop Pro.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 01 Jul 2011

... the new version needed is a release candidate which they have pulled and is no longer available.
Available again and it works: Direct link: http://www.mbtrading.com/waters/MbtDesk ... 630_rc.exe

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 04 Jul 2011

We will address the compatibility issue by the time RC is released.

Jim

Postby Jim » 05 Jul 2011

I'd downloaded MCDT Beta5 but it didn't work as the message says I have a outdated version of MB Desktop Pro, as what kamicrazy had said in the earlier post.

Deleted Desktop Pro and installed Desktop, and MCDT Beta5 works just fine. The question now is whether I want MC with Desktop or to have Desktop Pro without MC. I like MC a lot, but with all the bugs still existing, I think I'll stick with Desktop Pro until most problems has been sorted out.

Also, as mentioned in another topic, I too had problems with phantom orders when using the DOM. Clicking on the DOM will add multiple orders which are NOT reflected in the orderbook. Clicking cancel numerous times will cancel only one order, and you need to close MC and return to MB Desktop Pro to cancel remaining orders. Using the DOM has more disadvantages than advantages at the moment.

Hopefully these problems will be sorted out soon as I think you have a potentially excellent product.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 06 Jul 2011

Hi Jim,

Can you give us more precise steps on how to reproduce this? Does it happen with demo accounts, or only live accounts? Which builds are you using? What are you doing to cause these phantom orders to appear? We take bugs very seriously, and if we see it, we fix it.

MC will be compatible with Desktop Pro again, within a week or two.

Jim

Postby Jim » 07 Jul 2011

Hi Stan,

It is as what mediaboy reported under the DOM topic. You click a limit order on the DOM but it is not reflected on the "ladder". The order has actually been sent, but we wouldn't know as it is not reflected anywhere, whether on the DOM or orderbook. Clicking on the DOM again will just send another order, so you unwittingly send multiple orders.

It is, however, reflected on the MB orderbook. Fortunately, I'd been using MC with my demo account only.

I like the MCDT very much and would definitely use it when all the bugs are sorted out, hopefully soon.

Cheers.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 07 Jul 2011

It's possible that something is up with Symbol Mapping. We are working out a few bugs - it's still a beta. You should come to our Live Chat and showcase the issue, so our testers can see it for themselves and document it. Please reference this thread when you come.

Return to “MultiCharts”