MULTICHARTS 7 RELEASE CANDIDATE -- Questions/Issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MULTICHARTS 7 RELEASE CANDIDATE -- Questions/Issues

Postby admin » 11 Jul 2011

Release Candidate is the final version before the official release (scheduled for July 15th, 2011). You now have Symbol Mapping that lets you see placed completed orders on charts that don’t use broker data. In this version we fixed several usability and stability issues reported by users, and closed a few bugs that were remaining – all set to go for the official release.

Learn more about MultiCharts 7 Release Candidate and download it

Tresor

Re: MULTICHARTS 7 RELEASE CANDIDATE -- Questions/Issues

Postby Tresor » 11 Jul 2011

Possibly a bug with MC - PFG futures integration: exit strategy (TP and SL) shows different number of contracts to exit than the number of contracts traded.
Attachments
discrepancies between current position and exit strategy.png
(63.19 KiB) Downloaded 1176 times

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 11 Jul 2011

It is possible to manually change TP and SL levels with PFG futures - this is good,
but it is impossible to manually change TP and SL levels with PFG forex as per this picture download/file.php?id=3704

momentum

Postby momentum » 12 Jul 2011

I have a BUY LIMIT order stuck on my chart. It does not appear in TWS but I cannot delete it. Price passes backwards and forwards through it and it does not execute. I've rebooted MC. There is no way I can delete it. Any ideas?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 12 Jul 2011

We've located a few issues with PFG futures integration - working on resolving them. Tresor, we'll check both of your cases as well, and I will respond to each when we know more.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 12 Jul 2011

I have a BUY LIMIT order stuck on my chart. It does not appear in TWS but I cannot delete it. Price passes backwards and forwards through it and it does not execute. I've rebooted MC. There is no way I can delete it. Any ideas?
Please make sure you end all MC processes when you restart MC. If this persists, please show us in Live Chat.

SP

Postby SP » 12 Jul 2011

Something goes complete wrong with the DOM, IB and the MasterStrategy.

- After the order is filled the Stop and Traget Order cant be modified by drag and drop.
- If the Target or the Stop is hit all orders remain on the DOM and cant be deleted
Attachments
DOM after filling the stop.jpg
(43.28 KiB) Downloaded 1186 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 12 Jul 2011

- After the order is filled the Stop and Traget Order cant be modified by drag and drop.
- If the Target or the Stop is hit all orders remain on the DOM and cant be deleted
Dear SP,

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Do you use IB as both data source and broker? Please come to our Live Chat between 6:30Am and 2PM EST so we can connect to your machine remotely and investigate the issue.

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 12 Jul 2011

Dear SP,

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Do you use IB as both data source and broker? Please come to our Live Chat between 6:30Am and 2PM EST so we can connect to your machine remotely and investigate the issue.
FYI, I have exactly the same issue with IB as broker and IQFeed for the feed.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 12 Jul 2011

FYI, I have exactly the same issue with IB as broker and IQFeed for the feed.
Dear bibulous,

The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

Jesh

Postby Jesh » 12 Jul 2011

I have has the same issue as well, I've restarted MC a few times and this problem manifests itself every time. I've tried re-starting TWS as well.

larssan

Postby larssan » 13 Jul 2011

Hi,

There are additional Stop losses showing up on the chart.

I had two stop orders placed with one Stop Loss connected to each of them.
When one stop order was filled the connected stop loss went active as it should but there was an additional stop loss popping up on the chart and it is not possible to cancel it.

/Lars
Attachments
sl bug.png
(15.28 KiB) Downloaded 1170 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 13 Jul 2011

Possibly a bug with MC - PFG futures integration: exit strategy (TP and SL) shows different number of contracts to exit than the number of contracts traded.

I have has the same issue as well, I've restarted MC a few times and this problem manifests itself every time. I've tried re-starting TWS as well.
Dear Sirs,

These issues have been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

Dave Masalov

It is possible to manually change TP and SL levels with PFG futures - this is good,
but it is impossible to manually change TP and SL levels with PFG forex as per this picture download/file.php?id=3704
Tresor,

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Please come to our Live Chat between 6:30AM and 2PM EST so we can connect to your machine remotely for investigation.

Dave Masalov

There are additional Stop losses showing up on the chart.

I had two stop orders placed with one Stop Loss connected to each of them.
When one stop order was filled the connected stop loss went active as it should but there was an additional stop loss popping up on the chart and it is not possible to cancel it.
Lars,

This is a known issue. It should be fixed in the release version of MC 7.

Jesh

Postby Jesh » 13 Jul 2011

When I have multiple orders placed in the DOM at different prices with strategies for profit target and stop loss attached I have an issue that when the orders execute, the profit target and stop loss are joined for both entries even though they are different prices.

I want to keep the profit target and stop target for each entry separate. How can I stop this from happening or is this a bug?

Dave Masalov

When I have multiple orders placed in the DOM at different prices with strategies for profit target and stop loss attached I have an issue that when the orders execute, the profit target and stop loss are joined for both entries even though they are different prices.

I want to keep the profit target and stop target for each entry separate. How can I stop this from happening or is this a bug?
Jesh,

This is normal behavior: exit strategies are attached to the current position in MultiCharts. There is no workaround at the moment. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management section of our site.

arnie

Postby arnie » 14 Jul 2011

How did the breakout up / fade strategy button moved places with stop order button?

This happened after MC have crashed.
Attachments
change-in-orders.gif
(12.97 KiB) Downloaded 1181 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 14 Jul 2011

How did the breakout up / fade strategy button moved places with stop order button?

This happened after MC have crashed.
arnie,

Place order buttons change places automatically: the last used order type goes to the top of the list. It should not be related to the crash. Please describe the crash issue in details. Are you able to reproduce it?

arnie

Postby arnie » 14 Jul 2011

Place order buttons change places automatically: the last used order type goes to the top of the list. It should not be related to the crash. Please describe the crash issue in details. Are you able to reproduce it?
Hi Dave,

Never noticed that the orders change places. I basically only used stop orders.

In relation to the crash, I couldn't reproduce it.

I can say that I dragged a stop limit order onto the chart and then put on top of it a master strategy. All of a sudden, all MC windows became light coloured and then MC closed itself.

All processes although continued to run. I had to close them one by one via task manager.

I then reopen it, it warned that the data wasn't correctly saved. After saving the data, I opened it, and when both workspaces were loaded, it closed itself again, and reopened also by itself. Never saw it doing this before.

All is fine now. Have put master strategies on top of all orders and all went fine. Maybe a Windows 7 glitch of some sort?

Regards,
Fernando

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 15 Jul 2011

Fernando,

If the problem occurs again, please come to our Live Chat between 6:30AM and 2PM EST so we can connect to your computer remotely for investigation.

Return to “MultiCharts”