Serious issue with MC 7.0 - IB Advisor Accounts do not work

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
raven

Serious issue with MC 7.0 - IB Advisor Accounts do not work

Postby raven » 19 Jul 2011

MC 7.0 (build 4510) does not adress IBs advisor accounts. It works with my single test account BUT NOT with real advisor accounts (IB TWS build 918-8).

This may be a bug as in TWS there is a small scroll down window in the upper left corner that shows what advisor account you are currently looking at/trading with. With MC 7.0 connected this window changes continually between the accounts (like ghost handled) WITHOUT any interference from the user.

What to do? Thank you very much.

Dave Masalov

Re: Serious issue with MC 7.0 - IB Advisor Accounts do not w

Postby Dave Masalov » 19 Jul 2011

Dear raven,
MC 7.0 (build 4510) does not adress IBs advisor accounts. It works with my single test account BUT NOT with real advisor accounts (IB TWS build 918-8).
This issue has been confirmed. Our engineers are working on it at the moment. Thank you for reporting.
This may be a bug as in TWS there is a small scroll down window in the upper left corner that shows what advisor account you are currently looking at/trading with. With MC 7.0 connected this window changes continually between the accounts (like ghost handled) WITHOUT any interference from the user.
This is rather a TWS issue as this behavior depends on IB TWS. Unfortunately, we cannot affect
TWS behavior directly. As a workaround, we suggest you to create different tabs in TWS (for each account).

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 19 Jul 2011

Thanks Dave. I have experienced the same toggle of accounts on the IB platform when connected to MC

raven

Postby raven » 20 Jul 2011

This toggling isn’t just annoying but you even can’t catch the numbers in TWS „Account“-window anymore as they toggle also. This means you loose information about account values, margin, liquidity ...

As long as this issue isn’t solved properly you can not trade advisor accounts (besides this in my case orders from signals aren’t directed to TWS at all and meanwhile it cost me real money as I missed some pretty good trades – everything was alright with MC 6.01 Build 3605 – I just updated last weekend to MC 7.0 – besides this I didn’t change anything).

Without the ability to trade advisor accounts MC is nearly worthless for me. I bought it for that reason.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 20 Jul 2011

Dear raven,

Please come to our Live Chat between 6:30AM and 2PM EST so we can connect to your computer remotely for investigation.

raven

Postby raven » 21 Jul 2011

Dave, thank you. You wrote:
This is rather a TWS issue as this behavior depends on IB TWS. Unfortunately, we cannot affect TWS behavior directly.
How could remote support help to solve "TWS"-issues?

Thanks to TIKITRADER.

Please allow a question: Does your MC 7.0 connect to at least 2 different advisor accounts (TWS build 918) to place and handle orders properly?
If not – is anybody out there who’s MC 7.0 is able to do this? Please give a hint what TWS build you are using (I use 918 – latest build – and did just update to MC 7.0 – advisor accounts worked fine with MC 6, now I can’t place orders anymore – order and position tracker says order "rejected" / "TIF unspecified" and under header "account" the number of the master account and not the one of the client account shows up – interestingly enough in none of MC’s settings I placed the master account number).

What also catched my eye is that MC 7.0 compared to prior version 6 asks two times for allowance to install a connection to TWS – could this be the reason for toggling?

horton

Postby horton » 25 Jul 2011

I have the same issue. What is the plan for a fix?

horton

Postby horton » 26 Jul 2011

I am observing the same TWS behavior when connecting Esignal to TWS. So I believe there is merit to the notion that this is a TWS issue rather than a Multicharts issue. Specifically, Esignal appears to be polling for account balance information about once per minute. When it runs through each of the account numbers in my advisor account (paper account for testing), the account number display selector in TWS toggles through each account in unison. So I believe the issue relates to how TWS responds to an account balance query. When I connect MC the toggling is much faster, so I assume that MC is polling the account balances in TWS on a continuous basis. The result is annoying and disfunctional, as my MC DOM order entries are not filling in TWS, probably because the selected account keeps changing.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 26 Jul 2011

So I believe the issue relates to how TWS responds to an account balance query. When I connect MC the toggling is much faster, so I assume that MC is polling the account balances in TWS on a continuous basis.
Correct. We do poll for account information and that's what causing it. We will reach out to IB to see if this can be changed/addressed somehow.
The result is annoying and disfunctional, as my MC DOM order entries are not filling in TWS, probably because the selected account keeps changing.
These two issues are likely unrelated. We have already identified a separate issue with Financial Advisor accounts that could be causing orders not filling. However that is not because we poll for account info and accounts visually flip through.

JDdog

Postby JDdog » 26 Jul 2011

None of the MC7 betas had this scrolling problem. The problem started when I updated to build 4510. I use IQfeed and IB data feeds and have the same problem with both. I'm thinking this is an MC problem. However, chart trading with IB FA account does now work.

MC support, what's the current status of this problem?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 26 Jul 2011

So I believe the issue relates to how TWS responds to an account balance query. When I connect MC the toggling is much faster, so I assume that MC is polling the account balances in TWS on a continuous basis.
Dear Sirs,

We have already contacted IB regarding this issue and waiting for their reply. Please contact them with this issue as well as they tend to respond to their customers' complaints faster.

horton

Postby horton » 26 Jul 2011

I submitted a ticket to IB.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 27 Jul 2011

Dear Sirs,

Here is IB response regarding the toggling issue:
This is a known issue on our side. Our development team is completely aware of the issue. This is a major project on our side. Unfortunately, there is no ETA.

IB API Support

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 27 Jul 2011

Dave Thanks for looking into this problem with IB and getting an idea of what is going on.
Look forward to IB resolving the issue.

ilt000

Postby ilt000 » 31 Aug 2011

Dear Support,

are there any news regarding this issue?
Does IB and MC fix the problem?

Thank You
BR

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 12 Sep 2011

Dear ilt000,

According to IB API support a fix to this issue should be available in TWS Build 920. They plan to release a beta version next week and have a download version available approximately within a months time.

ilt000

Postby ilt000 » 12 Sep 2011

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the update!

Best Regards
ilt000

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 12 Sep 2011

You are welcome.

bauhinia

Postby bauhinia » 23 Mar 2012

Hi All,

Did IB ever fix this issue?
I am using 924.2e and still getting the accounts switching on TWS.

Cheers

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 23 Mar 2012

Hi All,

Did IB ever fix this issue?
I am using 924.2e and still getting the accounts switching on TWS.

Cheers
Yes, IB fixed the issue. When you run TWS, it asks you if you want to switch between accounts. You need to check the "remember my decision" box and click "NO".

Return to “MultiCharts”