DOM and chart trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
coolmoss

DOM and chart trading

Postby coolmoss » 27 Apr 2011

I am connected to IB TWS both as data feed and broker. The DOM is filled with the order book levels and I can click on the Mkt buttons and the prices in the bid and ask columns. However, once I click, say on the bid column, nothing shows on the DOM. No feedback whatsoever. In the TWS api tab, the order shows as untransmitted. Also, the Cancel All, Close and Reverse buttons are just grayed out.

I tried clicking Buy Mkt and it sent an untransmitted Limit order to TWS.

Stan Bokov

Re: DOM and chart trading

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 Apr 2011

First, try restarting everything and try again. Make sure your processes terminate, or end them manually through the Task Manager. Make sure you are using Beta 3. If the problem persists, please come to our Live Chat to show this issue, it should not happen that way.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 24 May 2011

I am connected to IB TWS both as data feed and broker. The DOM is filled with the order book levels and I can click on the Mkt buttons and the prices in the bid and ask columns. However, once I click, say on the bid column, nothing shows on the DOM. No feedback whatsoever. In the TWS api tab, the order shows as untransmitted. Also, the Cancel All, Close and Reverse buttons are just grayed out.

I tried clicking Buy Mkt and it sent an untransmitted Limit order to TWS.
Hello,

Did you resolve this question? I got the same problem. Nothing seems to be transmited to IB demo account.

Martin

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 24 May 2011

A number of issues were resolved for the upcoming MC7 Beta 4 - including a number of issues with IB. Perhaps this was addressed in one of them, it's hard to tell at the moment. It's probably best if you waited for Beta 4 and then tested again to see if this occurs again.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 24 May 2011

OK
Any approximative date for the roll out?

Martin

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 25 May 2011

OK
Any approximative date for the roll out?

Martin
Beta 4 will be released tomorrow.

DD

Postby DD » 01 Aug 2011

I have the exact same problem with arjfca. I am connected with Rithmic (live account).
I can click on the Mkt buttons and the prices in the bid and ask columns but nothing shows on the DOM and the order is untransmitted to my broker. And yes the Cancel All, Close and Reverse buttons are just grayed out. Frustrating

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 02 Aug 2011

Make sure you are using the release version of MCDT (you can download at https://www.multicharts.com/free/) and see if the problem reproduces. If it does, please come to our Live Chat to demonstrate the issue.

Postby 2001 » 23 Aug 2011

What buttons to place orders in DOM? How to place stop order,limit order,stop-limit order?
Может создадите отдельную ветку для русскоговорящих?Спасибо.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 23 Aug 2011

You can choose the order types through the right-click or through the drop-down menus. We are also planning on creating a Russian-speaking forum (as per previous poster's question) some time in the near future.

Postby 2001 » 25 Aug 2011

If to set in "Strategy Parameters - Trailing Stop" - "Amount of Profit = pip 25" and "Stop Loss=pip 10" - this is 10 pips from "Amount of Profit ", or this is 10 pips from "Price Open Position"? Thanks.
Уменя вопрос.Во встроенной стратегии трейлинг стопа параметры стоп-лосса в пунктах от какого уровня считаются? Отнимаются от количества пунктов прибыли?Например:если ставим Amount of Profit =25пп. и стоп-лосс 10пп.,то стоп-лосс установится в 10пп. от максимального профита,и это в данном конкретном примере будет в 15пп. от уровня открытия позиции?Или, при достижении Amount of Profit= 25пп. , стоп-лосс переставится в 10пп.плюса от цены открытия позиции?Спасибо.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Aug 2011

When the amount of profit >=25pip is achieved, the stop loss will generate a stop order in 10 pip from the current profit and it will replace it if the profit will increase.

При достижении Amount of Profit>=25пп. , стоп-лосс сгенерирует стоп в 10пп от текущего профита и будет переставляться если профит будет увеличиваться.

Return to “MultiCharts”