Trades statistics on MC DT...  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Avion

Trades statistics on MC DT...

Postby Avion » 17 Jul 2011

Ok, i had no answer on my previous performance report question so here is the simpler version:

1. I have manged to display arrows for my entries and exits but they dissapear after the market closes. How do you fix this, ie have the arrows stay on display?

2. How do i see basic statistics, ie win/loss ratio, each trade win/loss size, etc? From reading help menu i understand you get this via performance report but it's empty.

How about it Stan!

JoshM

Re: Trades statistics on MC DT...

Postby JoshM » 18 Jul 2011

2. How do i see basic statistics, ie win/loss ratio, each trade win/loss size, etc? From reading help menu i understand you get this via performance report but it's empty.
It's working here in MCDT Version 7.0 Release (Build 66), with the default 'MovAvg2Line Cross LE' and 'TimeExit(Bars) LX' default Signals.
mcdtPerformanceReport.PNG
(103.22 KiB) Downloaded 641 times
What version of MCDT are you running, and what Signals did you add to the chart? How much data did you load on the chart?

Regards,
Josh

Avion

Postby Avion » 18 Jul 2011

Thanks Josh,

I am using build 62. Will download and try latest version.

For data i use intraday 1 min chart (couple days worth of data).

I attach _Historical_Entry signal to my chart thinking that's what i need to see my past trades (it does not work). I guess i do not fully understand what each signal option does. Even then i still need to open Format Chart Trading window to activate entry/exit arrows, i do the trades but there is nothing in the Trades List and they disappear after the market closes.

JoshM

Re: Trades statistics on MC DT...  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 19 Jul 2011

Thanks Josh,

I attach _Historical_Entry signal to my chart thinking that's what i need to see my past trades (it does not work). I guess i do not fully understand what each signal option does. Even then i still need to open Format Chart Trading window to activate entry/exit arrows, i do the trades but there is nothing in the Trades List and they disappear after the market closes.
Hi Avion,

Those charts work fine for me, and you've loaded enough data for the Signals to plot. I don't think you need _Historical_Entry to plot the past trades, since the trades done through MCDT already get plotted by default on the chart (if I'm not mistaken).

If you don't see your historical trades, right click on the chart, choose 'Format Chart Trading' and check the 'Show Historical Orders' box (or is that what you meant with activating the entry/exit arrows?). Do the default signals (i.e. the strategies) work on your pc?

Regards,
Josh

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 Jul 2011

Thanks Josh,

You don't need that signal to display past trades. Please come to our Live Chat so we can see what your setup is, and clarify any confusion.

ddeedd

Postby ddeedd » 08 Aug 2011

was this resolved as I'd also like to view trade stats and currently cannot work out how to do it in MCDT

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 08 Aug 2011

You can view backtesting statistics in the Strategy Performance Report. There is currently no way to view trade statistics for the trades you actually placed, except as a list of trades in the Order and Position Tracker. You can also see your final PnL in the OPT at the end of the day (after you finish trading just look at the balance). Additional features for the OPT have been suggested in the PM and will likely be implemented in the future.

Return to “MultiCharts”