MC7 crash randomly

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
felixtjung

MC7 crash randomly

Postby felixtjung » 19 Jul 2011

Hi,

I keep getting random crash saying invalid parameter is passed to service or function.

there's also a weird bug that flag order from strategy as manual trading and therefore the auto trading is unusable.

I think MC7 is so unstable.

TJ

Re: MC7 crash randomly

Postby TJ » 19 Jul 2011

Hi,

I keep getting random crash saying invalid parameter is passed to service or function.

there's also a weird bug that flag order from strategy as manual trading and therefore the auto trading is unusable.

Your installation might be corrupted.
I would suggest you to uninstall and delete the program,
and start a new installation afresh.

felixtjung

Postby felixtjung » 19 Jul 2011

Hi,

Your installation might be corrupted.
I would suggest you to uninstall and delete the program,
and start a new installation afresh.
I did. I uninstall the old one, delete all folders on appdata that belongs to tssupport, restart and installl new one. doesnt fix it.

fringe

Postby fringe » 19 Jul 2011

I have the same problem.

When I apply a strategy, MC crashes. When I restart it and reapply the same strategy (with same parameters), everything goes OK.

I tried uninstalling, but with no luck. I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 20 Jul 2011

fringe and felixtjung,

Please come to our Live Chat between 6:30AM and 2PM EST so we can connect to your machine remotely for investigation. If you cannot join our Live Chat, please send us MultiCharts log files before restarting MultiCharts.

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
You should paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.

rondot samuel ws

Postby rondot samuel ws » 26 Jul 2011

Hi,

look for TradingServer / tsserver and ATCenterServer commit size size in Task manager

I had 2 of them with 1.6 - 1.8 Gb. (less than 100 M with MC 6.5)

So I desintalled and back to MC 6.5.

Laurent
Hi,

furytrader

Postby furytrader » 26 Jul 2011

It's working fine for me!

cdf

Postby cdf » 30 Jul 2011

Hi,

Using MC as a charting software, I am experiencing the same question, it will be carshed after about 2 days.
I have posted the log file.

I have nerver met the same problem of version 6.

eberle lutz

Postby eberle lutz » 04 Aug 2011

Dear MC team,

I have constantly the same problem. Whenever I load indicators into the scanner I get a message about an error code! Please have a look at the attached file. This error message is very annoying and it is impossible for me tor work properly with the scanner. MC also crashes after the message!!!! What could be the source of error?
Attachments
MC_application error.jpg
Application error
(83.45 KiB) Downloaded 1204 times

eberle lutz

Postby eberle lutz » 09 Aug 2011

Any news, technical expertise and comments regarding this issue!?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 09 Aug 2011

I have constantly the same problem. Whenever I load indicators into the scanner I get a message about an error code! Please have a look at the attached file. This error message is very annoying and it is impossible for me tor work properly with the scanner. MC also crashes after the message!!!! What could be the source of error?
eberle lutz,

Do you use custom indicators or default ones? If you use custom studies please send them to support@multicharts.com so we can try to reproduce the issue on our end.

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 09 Aug 2011

I am getting more crashes than usual with latest version. Quite often when I go to adjust parameters (edit exit parameters) on an open position that I haven't applied exit strategy to yet it will crash about 50% of the time.. not good when you have an open position.. I send all my crashes in so I know you guys are getting the data.

The other crash I get a lot is backtesting when adjusting parameters.

fringe

Postby fringe » 10 Aug 2011

Yesterday I reinstalled my OS (Win 7 Pro 64 Bit) and installed only TS 8.8, Multicharts 7 and Office 2007. No 3rd party Antivirus, Firewall or other software.

Unfortunately this bug still happens when I launch an optimization (30-40% of the time) and when I change a strategy parameter (10% of the time).

I would like to know: do all people who are experiencing this issue have Windows 7? Just wondering whether this bug is also happening under Windows XP.

JDdog

Postby JDdog » 10 Aug 2011

I've also been having random crashes. Usually happens when i click on a button or open a workspace. Sometimes my entire computer gets locked up and i have to do a reboot. I'll get on live chat when i get a chance.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 11 Aug 2011

JDdog, fringe and gpw797,

Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri between 6:30AM and 2PM EST to demonstrate the crash so we can collect all the information necessary for investigation.

evdl

Postby evdl » 15 Aug 2011

I have the same problem with MC7 crashing when using the strategies on charttrader. When applying an exit strategy or editing the settings of an strategy, when having a position, it crashes 50% of the time.

Also changing an strategy that is applied to a position is causin a crash. (only with changing setting, not when dragging the trailing limits or something).

I use the latest MC7 with Windows 7 professional 64bit.

I will also go to live chat (there are very helpfull), but wanted to share the problem.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 16 Aug 2011

I will also go to live chat (there are very helpfull), but wanted to share the problem.
evdl,

Please do come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri between 6:30Am and 2PM EST so we can investigate the issue.

Return to “MultiCharts”