Work offline?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Hi. It's me.

Work offline?

Postby Hi. It's me. » 11 Aug 2011

Hi,

Prospective user of MC DT.
Can I work offline on my charts?

Thank You

bowlesj3

Re: Work offline?

Postby bowlesj3 » 11 Aug 2011

Hi, "Hi Its Me". LOL, I like your name. How is ME today? Or is that You or ME. Now I am confused! LOL.

Getting more serious, last I heard, as far as the Main MC goes you can work 30 days offline. After that you have to go online for the servers to verify you are registered. If you are it gives you another 30 days offline. I suspect this version of MC works the same. Maybe the MC people can verify this for Me or You, or whoever.

John.

Hi. It's me.

Postby Hi. It's me. » 11 Aug 2011

Hi John,
It's me again. Sorry to bother you but I wanted clarify.

I get MC DT, subscribe to a feed. When I'm online the charts I have opened update. If I now turn off the computer and restart it some time later without connecting (because none is available) can see the same chart set up and content?
Can I apply an indicator to the series?
In other words does the data reside on my PC? If not is there a way for me to download the data to accomplish that objective?

Could you please verify this for me.
Thank You

In case you haven't recognized me. I'm Pasquale, from Italy. Remember? We never met or spoke before. LOL

bowlesj3

Re: Work offline?  [SOLVED]

Postby bowlesj3 » 11 Aug 2011

Hi Pasquale,

I have not used the DT actually. However I assume it is much like MC. If you apply an indicator while offline, it runs through all the bars and calculates as normal. It will plot lines or whatever. Once it hits the last bar it is done. On-line is the same except at each new tick comes in, if the indicator is set to calculate on every tick it will update the current bar before that bar has completed its time frame. So indicators when they are first started (and while running either on-line and off-line) still have to do a processing on all the bars that have already been completed. So obviously if you are off-line the mid bar tick by tick recieing portion will not be processed.

John

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 12 Aug 2011

Hi Hi, it's me,

You can use Offline mode (use locally stored data only) in MCDT just like you can in full MC.

Return to “MultiCharts”