Why Using Project Management ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rondot samuel ws

Why Using Project Management ?

Postby rondot samuel ws » 15 Aug 2011

Hi,

Some people use the forum for declare bug or that seems to be.
They have an answer in the following hours or next day.

I use project management for declare bug or that seems to be.
First, you can't declare bug for the final release only for the beta.
I permit to inform you that the release 7.0 was lunch 1 month ago.

I report an issue 544, critical according me.
I send you the link for download the log file, few hours later, because server was busy and zip the log file was not possible when I posted the issue.

few hours later, your answer was : "need details, send the log file"
I reply few minutes later "ok you already have it"

since: no news.

So I ask, Why use the project management and respect the rules ?

If I post bug on the forum, I have an answer quicker...

Regards

Laurent

JoshM

Re: Why Using Project Management ?

Postby JoshM » 15 Aug 2011

I'm inclined to agree. Even some features older than a half year are 'not reviewed', and the same goes for features that did receive some votes and comments. The same goes for things that are for more than a half year 'under review' - which makes me wonder whether it should take so long to agree on a 'yes' or 'no' regarding implementation.

Personally I'd rather have that a feature request gets rescheduled a couple of times than sits idle for more than a half year - in the latter case I don't feel it's taken as seriously as I take it.

Don't get me wrong; I think the Project Management is a great feature giving more transparency. It's just annoying that the participation from MC Support is rather low, and that the speed by which MC Support responds to emails or posts here on the forum is lacking from the Project Management (Yes, we are somewhat spoiled by MC Support ;) ).

Best regards,
Josh

Dave Masalov

Re: Why Using Project Management ?

Postby Dave Masalov » 15 Aug 2011

Laurent,

We did received your log files and are currently analyzing the issue. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Let me reassure you that the speed of processing bug reports reported on Forum and in PM is the same. Moreover, bug reports from PM go directly to the engineers who start to investigate the issue right away. We consider PM an important tool which helped to confirm and fix a considerable number of issues. Just take a look at the list of issues that have bee fixed during MC 7.0 development.
Even some features older than a half year are 'not reviewed', and the same goes for features that did receive some votes and comments. The same goes for things that are for more than a half year 'under review' - which makes me wonder whether it should take so long to agree on a 'yes' or 'no' regarding implementation
Feature requests are not the primary aspect of PM, but rather a secondary one. The main point is to report and track issues. 'Under review' means that we are considering the feature for implementation, but do not have any ETA for it yet. Even though we tend to listen to our customers suggestions, it is impossible to implement all the features requested at once. Sometimes it is only a one single user who needs this feature. In that case it can be implemented as a custom project.

We do have a very complex roadmap with a number of "heavy" and important features. With this roadmap in mind it is not always possible to implement a particular feature requst at the moment. However if we do not decline the feature but consider it for implementation in the more distant future it has 'under review' status. Docked DOM and Order tracker are examples of important features reported in PM and scheduled for nearest future.

Return to “MultiCharts”