How to code OSO orders

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

How to code OSO orders

Postby arjfca » 18 Aug 2011

Hello

As read in this post, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8735&start=0&hilit=oso#p41083 MC offer a new OSO orders, Once Start Other.

I want to send a send using my code a Buy stop order and attach a stop loss if the entry is executed. Reason, I want to have my broker managing it instead of my PC. IB offer it with TWS, & MC with is new orders/trade management window.

But how can I code for it? There is no info about it

Any help appreciated
Martin

Dave Masalov

Re: How to code OSO orders

Postby Dave Masalov » 22 Aug 2011

Martin,

OSO is enabled by default. Once one of the orders is executed, if there are special orders (setstoploss, setprofittarget) they are initialized on execution. It works as Exit Strategies in chart trading.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 22 Aug 2011

Martin,

OSO is enabled by default. Once one of the orders is executed, if there are special orders (setstoploss, setprofittarget) they are initialized on execution. It works as Exit Strategies in chart trading.
Hello Dave

My ultimate goal is to have these orders be on the broker server at the same time as the initial order is put on. I know that it could be done using IB API.

All my orders are issued using a stop target. Since, this "stop order" reside on the broker server, it may be enabled while my PC or my Internet is down. If that may occured, I may have an open trade with no stop loss issued.

Martin

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 23 Aug 2011

Martin,

Unfortunately this is not supported for both auto and manual trading. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management so other users can vote for it.

Return to “MultiCharts”