"New updates are available: 7.0.4510.400"  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TonyB

"New updates are available: 7.0.4510.400"

Postby TonyB » 28 Jul 2011

The last couple evenings, upon launching MCDT 7.0, I get this message in the lower right corner of a monitor screen.

Since such updates are seemingly not automated, what is one to do to get this update? I didn't see anything new to download since July 15th... Thanks.

geizer

Re: "New updates are available: 7.0.4510.400"

Postby geizer » 29 Jul 2011

The last couple evenings, upon launching MCDT 7.0, I get this message in the lower right corner of a monitor screen.

Since such updates are seemingly not automated, what is one to do to get this update? I didn't see anything new to download since July 15th... Thanks.
TonyB,
Fill out the form at http://www.multicharts.com/free/ and click download.

Regards,

TonyB

Postby TonyB » 29 Jul 2011

geizer, thanks for the reply.

That was the first thing I did, but download name was the same as the new update, which I found odd, so I did not download it. I then went to the blog as that usually mentions new versions, and I saw no reference to this update...

Just explaining how I got here to ask.

Thanks again.

TonyB

Correction on above typo: but download name was NOT the same as the new update...

TonyB

Correction on above typo: but download name was NOT the same as the new update...

TonyB

Postby TonyB » 30 Jul 2011

Sorry for the double post...

The current MCDT download is from July 15th, but I downloaded anyways and was prompted to remove or repair, so I chose repair, thinking that this is not the update, as originally anticipated...

And upon opening MCDT, I still get the same (attached). I'd like to get this update, but not sure how...

Actually, I don't see how to attach here.

Grigorios

Postby Grigorios » 30 Jul 2011

Sorry for the double post...

The current MCDT download is from July 15th, but I downloaded anyways and was prompted to remove or repair, so I chose repair, thinking that this is not the update, as originally anticipated...

And upon opening MCDT, I still get the same (attached). I'd like to get this update, but not sure how...

Actually, I don't see how to attach here.
i have the same problem.....

geizer

Postby geizer » 30 Jul 2011

I'm not on the same boat since I have a Multicharts license. Maybe the developer hasn't updated the latest built of free version yet. Try sending an email to support@multicharts.com for a definite answer.

Regards,

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 01 Aug 2011

You are seeing the message because MCDT 7 has been released. You can update no problem, and you should do so as geizer directed, through https://www.multicharts.com/free/. The file name will be the same, but you will see your build information change in Help > About after you install the new version. Make sure your MCDT is closed, and install the new version over top.

The announcement about the release will be posted soon.

TonyB

Postby TonyB » 01 Aug 2011

Alrighty.

As mentioned earlier, I did download and install (did repair over remove of course), and still get the same notification. I'll try again later and report back. Thanks.

Grigorios

Postby Grigorios » 02 Aug 2011

Alrighty.

As mentioned earlier, I did download and install (did repair over remove of course), and still get the same notification. I'll try again later and report back. Thanks.

same here......

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 02 Aug 2011

Don't do repair, just install the new one over top of the old one. Then your build information should update. Make sure your MC is closed when installing the new one.

ACS

Postby ACS » 02 Aug 2011

I only get 2 choices: repair or uninstall. Did an uninstall and then ran the setup again to install. There should be an option to update program rather than having to go through all this each time a new version comes out. Ideally the update should be available from the program itself in the Help menu.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 02 Aug 2011

When you run the new installer, it should simply go along as a new install. Is that not what's happening on your computer?

TonyB

Postby TonyB » 02 Aug 2011

Stan,

The first time I pursed a download after getting this notification I noticed that the release date was July 15, so I did not download it...

Then, after starting this thread, I was advised to download anyway and disregard the date. I did so and upon install I was prompted to remove or repair only. I did repair and still get the notification...

I will try it again later tonight and report back.

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2011

When you run the new installer, it should simply go along as a new install. Is that not what's happening on your computer?
After the new install the version is build 66 and I still get the message that a new version is available.

TonyB

Postby TonyB » 02 Aug 2011

After the new install the version is build 66 and I still get the message that a new version is available.
I guess I'll hold-off on trying again and wait a bit longer. Thanks.

TonyB

Postby TonyB » 05 Aug 2011

I just downloaded it again (7.0.66.400, not 7.0.4510.400), and with MCDT closed, and I checked the Task Mgr to ensure that there were no running processes, I am prompted to either remove or repair.

Any ideas?

ACS

Postby ACS » 05 Aug 2011

The new version message has stopped on startup so the probkem is solved for me. Updating the program should be easier than the current method.

TonyB

Re: "New updates are available: 7.0.4510.400"  [SOLVED]

Postby TonyB » 05 Aug 2011

The new version message has stopped on startup so the probkem is solved for me. Updating the program should be easier than the current method.
Agreed. Ideally, minor things such as updates should be more seamless, performed within the app itself...

Were you prompted only to remove or repair though? I'd rather not delete my current MCDT...

ACS

Postby ACS » 06 Aug 2011

The new version message has stopped on startup so the problem is solved for me. Updating the program should be easier than the current method.
Agreed. Ideally, minor things such as updates should be more seamless, performed within the app itself...

Were you prompted only to remove or repair though? I'd rather not delete my current MCDT...
Those were the two choices but the removal has an option to keep settings and files.

ACS

Postby ACS » 08 Aug 2011

Message is back this morning. What is the current build? Mine is 66.

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2011

Message is back this morning. What is the current build? Mine is 66.
Drat. Sorry to hear that... I was contemplating a "removal" and keeping the files. I'm not keen on doing that, especially since it seems to not have worked for you...

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 09 Aug 2011

The issue has been confirmed as a bug. Thank you all for reporting.

TonyB

Postby TonyB » 11 Aug 2011

No problem Stan. Kindly let us know when resolved...

ptop

Postby ptop » 29 Aug 2011

Has this issue been repaired as I am still getting the message to update but am having the same problem as the rest on here?

Thanks

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 29 Aug 2011

This issue has been confirmed and is being resolved now. You will see it in MCDT version 7.1 in about a month.

Postby Guest » 29 Aug 2011

This issue has been confirmed and is being resolved now. You will see it in MCDT version 7.1 in about a month.
Please consider making the update process easier as well so an uninstall and full reinstall is not needed. Thanks.

Postby Guest » 30 Aug 2011

Good to hear Stan.

Will we be somehow notified when it's available? I ask, because as it stands now, one needs to submit an online form just to see what version is truly available for download.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Aug 2011

Please consider making the update process easier as well so an uninstall and full reinstall is not needed. Thanks.
You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/
Good to hear Stan.
Will we be somehow notified when it's available? I ask, because as it stands now, one needs to submit an online form just to see what version is truly available for download.
Please follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/multicharts, Facebook http://www.facebook.com/multicharts, LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/multicharts, and our Traders’ Blog http://www.multicharts.com/traders-blog/

Return to “MultiCharts”