DOM not refreshing / pending limits not displaying

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mediaboy

DOM not refreshing / pending limits not displaying

Postby mediaboy » 28 Jun 2011

I am on latest Multicharts DT beta 4 connected to MB trading data feed.

A few times I have placed limit orders in the DOM (live account) and notice nothing is displayed in the DOM indicating a pending limit. When you switch to a different account number in the same DOM instance or open a new DOM the previous order then appears.

Sometimes the order simply didn't take and if I click again it shows up. Basically very inconsistent behavior that has resulted in orders larger than I intend to place or double orders at different prices... I am now pretty paranoid and double check often to see if i have ghost orders floating around..

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Stan Bokov

Re: DOM not refreshing / pending limits not displaying

Postby Stan Bokov » 29 Jun 2011

I am on latest Multicharts DT beta 4 connected to MB trading data feed.

A few times I have placed limit orders in the DOM (live account) and notice nothing is displayed in the DOM indicating a pending limit. When you switch to a different account number in the same DOM instance or open a new DOM the previous order then appears.

Sometimes the order simply didn't take and if I click again it shows up. Basically very inconsistent behavior that has resulted in orders larger than I intend to place or double orders at different prices... I am now pretty paranoid and double check often to see if i have ghost orders floating around..

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
We have been unable to reproduce this behavior, but we would very much like to see it in action, so we can nail it. Can you reproduce it on a steady basis? If so, could you come to our Live Chat and show our engineers?

Prok

Postby Prok » 11 Sep 2011

I am on the latest version of MultiCharts DT with IB.

When I place an order in the DOM with the new contract /ESZ1, I get the bids/asks, however, no orders are shown, including the bracket orders etc.. Oddly enough, if I switch back to the older contract - /ESU1 - the orders show up once again. I have had 0 success with the new contract.

The orders are sent to my platform (ib), which I can cancel, modify etc. and they will fill. When a contract is filled, the DOM does not show I am holding a position and my p/l.

I have reinstalled the program with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 12 Sep 2011

Prok,

It's probably a symbol mapping issue. The orders are going through, but are not displayed on the corresponding chart. You can check your Symbol Mapping settings, or come to our Live Chat between 6:30 am and 4 pm EST so we can look at the issue for you.

Return to “MultiCharts”