Great Job on the Project Management system.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Great Job on the Project Management system.

Postby bowlesj3 » 23 Jun 2011

I just wanted to say that I think TSS did a Great Job on the Project Management system. In my mind if the items I mentioned in the recent posts are put in it would be maybe perfect. I summarized them below from memory.

My recent PM feature request ideas summarized:
1/ categories to search for items to vote on without having to read through lots of unused stuff.
2/ (if the user requests) they can get email when new feature requests are added to their favorite categories (example: play back, scanner, etc).
3/ Ability to search for items we have not voted for yet (in case our needs change). Again search within category.
4/ I do not think the need for Code and Quotes is there because you have set it up so we can link back and forth to the forum so we can create a more detailed request in the forum then just point the PM entry to it. That saved me having to retype a lot of my old requests which is great.

Stan Bokov

Re: Great Job on the Project Management system.

Postby Stan Bokov » 23 Jun 2011

Thank John, we will consider implementing these features.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 17 Aug 2011

Here is a suggestion for the project management features I mention above (Especially the feature of having the ability to search project management feature requests by group so we can go looking for things we would like to vote on).

If it is done, I think it would be a good idea to notify us that we can do this and make this notice stick at the top of the forum. That way new members would be aware they can quickly go to search for things to vote on (and hopefully reduce their duplicate suggestions). This may save the Multicharts staff work as well and would give a better reflection of what users want. In my view not having this idea in place reduces the value of having programmed the ability to vote. Maybe if such a notice is created a link and instructions could be included.

I have not bothered to search for things to vote on yet because the feature is missing. It came to mind because I posted something in project management as a comment last night (as a good use for a prior feature request) and I bet no one will ever see it. At the same time I bet it would get at least 1 or 2 other votes if others were aware of it. To test this idea, I put a note on my calendar to (in a weeks time from now) add the link to this thread for that idea. If it gets some votes it will tend to support the idea that if voting is available you also need to make it easy for the users to find things they might want to vote on.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 25 Aug 2011

I am a day late. Above, I said I would post the link shown below a week later to see if anyone found it for voting over the last week and if instead they vote for it (now that the link is easy to get at) then maybe TSS will bump the priority to put in the features I mention at the top. They are features to make it easy for users to go and find things they might want to vote on.

Regarding the link below, one use for this feature is to have a timer for a study so the study can run off-line when there are no ticks coming in at all. I gather the current timer based command needs a tick to work.
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-423

So it you vote for this idea (taking the votes above 6 votes) you are also indirectly voting for the ideas at the very top. LOL, I was really surprised to find it had 6 votes this morning.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 26 Aug 2011

Two items to add to this.

1/
Votes are up to 7 from 6. So we have a bit of evidence that TSS(the MC people) might want to allocate some resources to making it easier for forum user to search for stuff to vote on (as well as making it known they have made these improvements).

2/
I think this will be my thread for asking for improvements to the project management. I have two more. Maybe others can use this thread to centralize ideas.
A/ to be able to change priority. I have 1 one item in particular that keeps bugging me a heck of a lot during the day and I would like to switch it to to high priority. There is another but I need to review them to find it.
B/ I would like to be able to update my comment in the project management. My last one has a glaring error.

However, I still think PM is very good compared to not having it at all. I am thinking it has an influence on the www.Trade2win.com 3rd place rating for MC. I would however like to add a comment to my review that TSS is making it easy to search for items to vote on that pertain to the user so as to save them time.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 13 Sep 2011

As the thread at the link below suggests, It seems like new users need a special email pointing out the bug tracker. Maybe the subject line should be designed to stand out so they can not miss it.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9179

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 15 Sep 2011

I have decided to put bug tracker comments in the original forum thread where I can type it directly, use quotes, bolding etc. There will be a link in the bug tracker comment to the forum thread and also back to the link. I do not want to use a text document to dump stuff into the bug tracker comments. I have a reminder to ensure I follow this procedure.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 18 Sep 2011

The thread at the link below has an idea in the 6d post for automatically closing old bugs so users of new releases do not have to view the old bugs. At the same time it suggests making it easy to get back to those old bugs and reopen them if needed (to dispute the claim that they are fixed).

See post #6 in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9210#p43721
top of the thread.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9210

Return to “MultiCharts”