Most Efficient Internet Security Working with MC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Spaceant

Most Efficient Internet Security Working with MC

Postby Spaceant » 16 Sep 2011

Well, I have not installed with any Internet Security software for my present desktop & laptop, with XP and Vista, but just with AGV antivirus program. However, I have ordered a new laptop in which it has Norton Inernet Security. I think I woldn't use it as I had a bad experience using it in the past as it was CPU / resources hungry.

Please comment your internet security software together with a brief computer specification whether you satisfy with it or not.

Here I found a comment....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8053&p=40931&hilit= ... ity#p40931

Thanks!

TJ

Re: Most Efficient Internet Security Working with MC

Postby TJ » 16 Sep 2011

Well, I have not installed with any Internet Security software for my present desktop & laptop, with XP and Vista, but just with AGV antivirus program. However, I have ordered a new laptop in which it has Norton Inernet Security. I think I woldn't use it as I had a bad experience using it in the past as it was CPU / resources hungry.

Please comment your internet security software together with a brief computer specification whether you satisfy with it or not.

Here I found a comment....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8053&p=40931&hilit= ... ity#p40931

Thanks!
Windows has came a long way in security; just enable everything Microsoft has and you will be ok. You don't really need any 3rd party software, they only slow down your computer.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 16 Sep 2011

I use Avast, Antivirus, it's free and doesn't use a noticeable amount of system resources.
I use Advanced system care- also free for malware etc. Also uses no noticeable resources.
Probably overkill, but a little extra insurance against infected websites, etc..
I don't even notice that they are there.

geizer

Postby geizer » 17 Sep 2011

TJ is correct:

Microsoft Windows provides all the features an average user may need.

Microsoft Anti-virus known as Internet Security Essentials is free and can be downloaded here.
Windows Firewall in its default configuration provides a good protection. For more security, such as blocking the outbound traffic, you will have to configure rules manually. This source is a good start.

Trip

Postby Trip » 20 Sep 2011

Avira Pro

Is very resource lite, I exclude all MC data and files from scanning. Have used it for several years and have it on 4 computers.

Return to “MultiCharts”