Chart Updating Order

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Joe@DA

Chart Updating Order

Postby Joe@DA » 21 Sep 2011

Is there a way to force an indicator (or signal) on one chart/workspace to update before indicator on another chart/workspace?

I'm using a "Provider" workspace/chart to populate an ELCollection. On a separate "Retriever" workspace/chart I am retrieving data from the Collection and plotting it.

The "Provider" chart has four data streams for the same instrument. The first data stream is something like 100-tick bars and other three are single tick bars. The "Retriever" chart has one data stream matching the first data stream of the provider.

What I am seeing is that the "Provider" chart is updating its "final" (Barstatus(1) = 2) for DataStream 1 AFTER the "Retriever" has updated its "Final". Essentially the "Retriever" has moved on to the next bar before the "Provider" has finished storing data.

I have tried both a signal and an indicator on the provider chart to store the data. The retriever chart must be an indicator.

I have tried making sure the "Provider" workspace is open and signal (or indicator) doing the storing finishes calculating before opening the "Retriever" workspace. Seems it always wants to update the "Retriever" chart first.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Chart Updating Order

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Sep 2011

Hello Joe.
The scripts on the different charts are not syncronized.
Unfortunately there is no way to force an indicator (or signal) on one chart/workspace to update before indicator on another chart/workspace.

Return to “MultiCharts”