Ошибка треллинг стоп стратегии  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sergey

Ошибка треллинг стоп стратегии

Postby Sergey » 24 Sep 2011

Good afternoon. I use the MC DT7 for trading. When I open position with a limit order I just put up a stop and a profit and immediately applied a trailing strategy with the following settings: when moving in my direction at 6 pips stop moved 4 pips from current price, ie 2 pips from my entry. The second setting is: when the price will be 50 pips from the entrance –move the stop to 4 pips from current price, ie 46 pips. I always get the first move foot by 4 pips from the price and further price moves in my direction immediately stop moving for another 2 pips in my direction, ie, is already at 4 pips from entry. And so it moves until it knocks out. This happens very quickly, no time to react. How to solve this problem with the trailing strategy? And when you turn on MC, a window to upgrade to 7.0.4510.400 pops up. But there is no such version on the web-site. What to do? Sincerely, Sergey.

Re: Ошибка треллинг стоп стратегии

Postby Guest » 25 Sep 2011

Good afternoon. I use the MC DT7 for trading. When I open position with a limit order I just put up a stop and a profit and immediately applied a trailing strategy with the following settings: when moving in my direction at 6 pips stop moved 4 pips from current price, ie 2 pips from my entry. The second setting is: when the price will be 50 pips from the entrance –move the stop to 4 pips from current price, ie 46 pips. I always get the first move foot by 4 pips from the price and further price moves in my direction immediately stop moving for another 2 pips in my direction, ie, is already at 4 pips from entry. And so it moves until it knocks out. This happens very quickly, no time to react. How to solve this problem with the trailing strategy? And when you turn on MC, a window to upgrade to 7.0.4510.400 pops up. But there is no such version on the web-site. What to do? Sincerely, Sergey
I have contacted support regarding these questions.
The version update window is a bug. I was told to ignore it.
I was interested in breakthrough entries using the stop order. I was told to use “Breakeven strategy”. This strategy will replace the stop order once. I have not tried that yet. At the moment I simply auto attach a stop loss and then move it manually.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Ошибка треллинг стоп стратегии  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Sep 2011

Fast execution of the trailing stop strategy can be connected with the symbol settings.
Please go to QuoteManager -> double click on the symbol->settings tab.
Min. movement is a minimum price increment. If this value is too small-the price will change very fast and it can cause your strategy execution.

Return to “MultiCharts”