Max Qty in Signal & Strategy Setup

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
lantama

Max Qty in Signal & Strategy Setup

Postby lantama » 17 Oct 2011

Hello,
I am starting to use the Strategy AutoTrader for the first time (before i was using TWSLink as orderinterface between MC and IB only). I want to trade 5 Signals in one chart. Each Signal should open max +-1 contract in one direction. It could be that one ore more of the 5 attached signals are short while others signals are long 1 contract each.
Thus in sum the max position is 5 for the strategy while the max position for a signal should be one.
I was testing and playing around a lot, but i found no real solution for that. I would like to avoid opening up 5 strategies with one signal each.
Any recommendations or ideas how to solve this?

Many thanx,
lantama

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Max Qty in Signal & Strategy Setup

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Oct 2011

Hello Lantama.
Five signals applied to one chart are comined into one strategy that does the trading.
If you want your signals to go long or short separately-you need to apply the signals to different charts.

lantama

Hi, thank you for the reply. Anyway that is not what I wanted to hear as it is quite uncomfortable regarding rolling, system performance, interaction in respect to overall risk. So I have to redesign my approach somehow....

Would it be possible to implement all signals into one signal? Then I would have to check the validity of each subsignal with an own global variable?! Subsignal 1 is long, Subsignal 2 is short, Subsignal 3 is flat...... just thinking loud....

lantama

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Oct 2011

Yes you can combine multiple scripts into one signal.
You can put your code under conditions, if the condition is met then do the following... If not-do the following...

lantama

Sure, but the crucial point here is that alle scripts trade only once - or let say one contract. That means that I have to set a variable somewhere like in a text file. Lets say Subsystem_one_Position=1. Code would be somthing like this (don't know the real functions right away)

Read Textfile....
If condition and Subsystem_one_Position<1 then begin
buy 1 ....
Set Textfile Subsystem_one_Position=1....

This is the only idea I have to solve this. Any other ideas?

Thnx
lantama

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Oct 2011

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that it can be performed using Global Variables.
We recommend to apply the signals to different charts as there is only one position for the whole strategy, no separate positions for each signal.

Return to “MultiCharts”