Aligning cursors  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Aligning cursors

Postby Guest » 08 Jun 2006

hi
Can MC align cursors on multiple charts based on GMT ?

As of now, the cursors are not align if i try to plot 2 instruments traded in different timezones even though they are active concurrently.

E.g Nikkei in Japan and Nikkei in SGX.
You cannot plot these 2 symbols on the same chart and have them align.

If you plot them on separate chart windows, the cursor do not align too.

thank you

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 08 Jun 2006

Well, aligingin the cursor on charts from different time zones is not supported.

One thing I can suggest, you can go to exchange settings in QuoteManager and try setting identical time zones for those two exchanges.
Naturaly, as the real trading hours of exchanges do not fully overlap, this will cause part of the data to be lost.

[SOLVED]

Since your suggestions do not offer a viable workaround.

Would MC support this in future ?

I recall, in an earlier thread sometime back, you mentioned that you guys would consider aligning all charts to GMT.

thanks

Well, aligingin the cursor on charts from different time zones is not supported.

One thing I can suggest, you can go to exchange settings in QuoteManager and try setting identical time zones for those two exchanges.
Naturaly, as the real trading hours of exchanges do not fully overlap, this will cause part of the data to be lost.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 08 Jun 2006

There is no workaround in real time, viable or not - exchanges close and open at different time in different timezones.

Exactly, since there is no workaround currently that's why i asked if MC will implement this feature in future.

When NK is trading a 9 am at Osaka ( Japan Time ) it corresponds to
SGXNK traded at 8am at Singapore ( singapore time ).

It would also help if we can align some european contracts with their Us counterparts. Eg DAX with ES.

What's so difficult about having some logic to align them ?

There is no workaround in real time, viable or not - exchanges close and open at different time in different timezones.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 09 Jun 2006

We are open to ideas, if there is a method for matching exchanges locating in different time zones, we'd be glad to see and try it out.

Postby Guest » 10 Jun 2006

I think ensign can do this without any problems.
We are open to ideas, if there is a method for matching exchanges locating in different time zones, we'd be glad to see and try it out.

Postby Guest » 10 Jun 2006

hmm.... i tot the solution is quite simple.

Using the previous guest's example about NK on Osaka and NK on SGX.

Say time now

9 am Osaka ( GMT+9 ) = 8 am SG ( GMT+ 8 )

if you translate both to GMT then isn't it
0 at GMT = 0 at GMT.

Return to “MultiCharts”