a few suggestions for 7.1 beta...

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
johnmok

a few suggestions for 7.1 beta...

Postby johnmok » 20 Oct 2011

hi,

i few suggestions here, thanks.

1. the save workspace function have a problem, it stay out of align after a few times of open and close operations, there is always a some space on the right hand side, it's strange for a professional designed software.

2. for the chart trading window, i think there should be some more features to add on it, like the connect to brokers button, i can only do it through file->broker profiles, as sometimes internet connection may be not quite stable, and the program sometimes fail to reconnect, i need that button or function in chart trading window for fast operation, may should add it in the red broker profile button in the chart trading window?

the second function is limit order function and showing the pre-session price. i want to place limit order with specific price, but i can't find the function in chart trading window, i need to do that in trader toolbar, but it waste a lot of space, so i want to close that bar, so that i can do that in the chart trading bar. and also for the pre-session price display, i can only see that in trader toolbar, it would be good to see it appear in the chart trading bar, thanks

john

johnmok

Re: a few suggestions for 7.1 beta...

Postby johnmok » 20 Oct 2011

and also, for the reload all data function

some indicator need to calculate in real time, and those bad tick cause serious problem

i suggest to add a function to reload data every several minutes...

thanks

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 21 Oct 2011

the save workspace function have a problem, it stay out of align after a few times of open and close operations, there is always a some space on the right hand side, it's strange for a professional designed software.
Hello John,

Could you please be more precise? Please post a screeen shot to demonstrate the issue.
for the chart trading window, i think there should be some more features to add on it, like the connect to brokers button, i can only do it through file->broker profiles, as sometimes internet connection may be not quite stable, and the program sometimes fail to reconnect, i need that button or function in chart trading window for fast operation, may should add it in the red broker profile button in the chart trading window?
Please explain it in details. Not sure I got you right. There is a broker profile connection button on Chart Trading panel. Please see attached screenshot.
the second function is limit order function and showing the pre-session price. i want to place limit order with specific price, but i can't find the function in chart trading window, i need to do that in trader toolbar
To place a limit order from the Chart Trading panel, you can either drag and drop Limit Order icon to the chart at the price that you need or right click on a certain price level on the chart and click on Place Order.
also for the pre-session price display, i can only see that in trader toolbar, it would be good to see it appear in the chart trading bar
Please be more precise. Explain your request in details.
Attachments
Connection Button.PNG
(19.43 KiB) Downloaded 649 times

johnmok

Postby johnmok » 21 Oct 2011

oh sorry, i've got it, i just thought that the button is for the connection status signal only, i miss the fact that it's a button, and keep on click on the arrow beside it to find the reconnect function and found nothing other than manage brokers profile....

and also got it about the limit order function on chart, thanks a lot, but i think that adding an input box in the chart trading panel for entering the exact value for the order is still a good function. anyway, thanks for helping me out.

i shall give you more info about other issue, thanks.
Last edited by johnmok on 21 Oct 2011, edited 1 time in total.

johnmok

for the out of align problem, after a few times of open and close the workspace action, the right side of the workspace will looks like this...

and after a few more times, it looks like this

that is the info of the first problem

johnmok

and for the box problem, actually what i mean is the auction price of the auction period of futures in some market, e.g. hk hsi futures, the "bid/ask" box in the photo below can show the auction price in real time, but i can't find one in the chart trading bar, so i would like to have that "bid/ask" box in somewhere of the chart trading bar, so that i can see that info clearly and close the trader bar and keep more space for the charts, thanks....

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Oct 2011

for the out of align problem, after a few times of open and close the workspace action, the right side of the workspace will looks like this...
The align issue is confirmed as a bug.
It will be fixed in the next version of MultiCharts.
and for the box problem, actually what i mean is the auction price of the auction period of futures in some market, e.g. hk hsi futures, the "bid/ask" box in the photo below can show the auction price in real time, but i can't find one in the chart trading bar, so i would like to have that "bid/ask" box in somewhere of the chart trading bar, so that i can see that info clearly and close the trader bar and keep more space for the charts, thanks....
In MultiCharts 7.1 beta 1 bid and ask price is available on the chart trading panel.
Attachments
Bid Ask.PNG
(26.76 KiB) Downloaded 639 times

johnmok

I see, thanks a lot. I will try to upgrade my software to the latest version, hope I could find the correct link ;-)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Oct 2011

You can download full version of MultiCharts 7.1 beta 1 from this page:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software-download/

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 24 Oct 2011

PrintScreen might be easier than taking actual pictures of your screen :)

johnmok

Postby johnmok » 24 Oct 2011

PrintScreen might be easier than taking actual pictures of your screen :)
haha, thanks, i use mac, i know i can press command shift 3 for print screen.

but the problem is i use boot camp to install windows on a mac....

so, mac don't have a print screen button, and i can't use the command shift 3 in a windows system....

and my final decision is to make it fast use an iphone to do the job... thanks stan bokov anyway :-)

Return to “MultiCharts”