2 data resolutions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
waveslider

2 data resolutions

Postby waveslider » 28 Oct 2011

First of all, I love the ability to plot 2 data streams that have different resolutions (other than time).
Being a new user, I have not found whether I can do this:

1. Plot a data series using share volume, then another data stream using seconds/minutes/etc.

2. I would like the second data series to plot only when the first data series begins a new bar. This way the first data doesn't have any spaces between the bars.

thanks, hope that was clear enough.. is it possible?

JoshM

Re: 2 data resolutions

Postby JoshM » 29 Oct 2011

1. Plot a data series using share volume, then another data stream using seconds/minutes/etc.
Good question. Not that I'm aware off. I thought it might be done with setting the chart on "Ticks" or "Contracts", but I don't get that to work with minute data, so I'd also like to know that.
2. I would like the second data series to plot only when the first data series begins a new bar. This way the first data doesn't have any spaces between the bars.
This can't be done, unless you make a custom indicator that plots these four lines (with the lines formatted to Bar High, Bar Low, Left Tick, Right Tick) on the closing of data series 1 (with the BarStatus(1) keyword). (I haven't done that myself, so I don't know for certain if that would work out)

Regards,
Josh

Henry MultiСharts

Re: 2 data resolutions

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Oct 2011

First of all, I love the ability to plot 2 data streams that have different resolutions (other than time).
Being a new user, I have not found whether I can do this:
thanks, hope that was clear enough.. is it possible?
Hello Sir.
1) In the format instrument window you need to select the Contracts resolution.
2) This feature has not been implemented yet. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

waveslider

thanks!

Postby waveslider » 31 Oct 2011

Thanks!

Return to “MultiCharts”