BAD TICKS from TWS

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ilt000

BAD TICKS from TWS

Postby ilt000 » 02 Nov 2011

Dear Support,

Today Im' receiving from the TWS (918.9b version) on Multicharts charts (7.0 beta4 build 4344) bad ticks on the symbol FESX DEC 11 (Estx50 future).
Sometimes it happens that the Quote Manager receives bad highs and lows, as you can see on the attached files.

Of course on a TWS chart this problem doesn't occour.

How can i fix this problem?

Thank You
Best Regards
Attachments
ESTX50-bad ticks.jpg
(149.18 KiB) Downloaded 443 times

johnmok

Re: BAD TICKS from TWS

Postby johnmok » 02 Nov 2011

i also want to know how to force the quote manager to update part of the data or reload all the data in the database.

bad tick cause serious problem for backtesting, take for example, the session end time of a market is 16:15, my strategy will close the position at 16:10.

and in some part of the data will miss information, and just have data till 15:50 or 16:00, my exit strategy will not function properly, and the backtesting result is inaccurate....

i am also using IB as broker and data provider...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Nov 2011

To receive data in MultiCharts from IB we use their API. Sometimes IB API sends bad ticks to MultiCharts, and as MC plots all the data coming from API, you see these spikes on your charts.
This bad ticks issue has been confirmed by IB API support.

The checkbox "Generate new tick if total volume changes" in IB data source settings will help you to avoid these spikes in MultiCharts (go to Quote Manager --> Tools --> Data Sources --> double click on Interactive Brokers). You can also reload the chart to get historical data from IB server and this data should not have any spikes.

ilt000

Postby ilt000 » 02 Nov 2011

Thank you very much Henry, now it works.

Have a good day
ilt000

Return to “MultiCharts”