MultiCharts 7.4 Beta

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MultiCharts 7.4 Beta

Postby admin » 30 Nov 2011

MultiCharts 7.4 Beta has a new Trading Performance Report and historical data PFG support. This beta also includes a number of bug fixes for overall stability and calculation accuracy.

Learn more about MultiCharts 7.4 Beta and download it

arnie

Re: MultiCharts 7.4 Beta

Postby arnie » 02 Dec 2011

Everything is running smoothly here... as usual :)

The manual trading performance report is awesome. I finally can stop manually recording all my trades at the end of the day in Excel.

One thing that I've noticed is the bid and ask text size in the chart trading window. Isn't possible to make the text bigger (that is size 8 correct(?), I thing it can go to size 10 without getting out of the PnL box).
It would also be nice to have the same bid/ask information in the DOM.

Regards,
Fernando

Attachments
bid_ask-text.gif
(8.28 KiB) Downloaded 2640 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 02 Dec 2011

Everything is running smoothly here... as usual :)

The manual trading performance report is awesome. I finally can stop manually recording all my trades at the end of the day in Excel.

One thing that I've noticed is the bid and ask text size in the chart trading window. Isn't possible to make the text bigger (that is size 8 correct(?), I thing it can go to size 10 without getting out of the PnL box).

Regards,
Fernando

I think the buttons are too big... taking up too much precious screen real estate.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 02 Dec 2011

We will add the option to change bid and ask text size in the next versions.
DOM already displays best bid and best ask at appropriate price levels.
I think the buttons are too big... taking up too much precious screen real estate.
Thank you for your suggestion. We plan add a compact trading panel option which will take less space.

SP

Postby SP » 02 Dec 2011

I have 2 small questions regarding the manual trading performance report:

- The Initial Capital is always $100000 and not my account size. Could i change that (so it gets the values from the Order and Position Tracker) and could i include commissions (they are set to zero)?

- The report only shows the analysis for each symbol. Is it possible to get all traded symbols in one analysis?

momentum

Postby momentum » 02 Dec 2011

Also, the BID should be below the ASK.

TJ

Postby TJ » 02 Dec 2011

and "Market" should be in the middle.

ps. might as well make them programmable, like the TWS Booktrader.

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 04 Dec 2011

QuoteManager error import ascii file.
I had to import many txt files. After importing the first file did not import any other files. data are not imported even if a successful message
Attachments
quote.jpg
(139.31 KiB) Downloaded 2218 times

Grigorios

Postby Grigorios » 04 Dec 2011

+1000

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 05 Dec 2011

QuoteManager error import ascii file.
I had to import many txt files. After importing the first file did not import any other files. data are not imported even if a successful message
fibdax,

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If yes, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 1 PM EST for investigation: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

arnie

Postby arnie » 05 Dec 2011

Hi.

It seems there's a bug in Renko charts when reporting PnL. Please see attached image.

Prices trading at 1.3469 and a position opened at 1,3476 should report a 7 pip PnL, not 68 pips. Only the Renko chart was reporting this PnL. Minute and contract charts were plotting a correct value.

I'm now using IQFeed.
Attachments
EUZ112.png
(25.35 KiB) Downloaded 2217 times

arnie

Apparently the problem resides on Euro quotes. The same thing is happening with tick charts.

Katrin Yanenko

Postby Katrin Yanenko » 05 Dec 2011

I have 2 small questions regarding the manual trading performance report:

- The Initial Capital is always $100000 and not my account size. Could i change that (so it gets the values from the Order and Position Tracker) and could i include commissions (they are set to zero)?

- The report only shows the analysis for each symbol. Is it possible to get all traded symbols in one analysis?
Hi,

You can set up the Initial Capital in the Strategy Properties (in the main menu of MC: Format -> Strategy Properties).
This feature has not been implemented yet. We are working on it and going to release it in the next version of MultiCharts.

arnie

Today I've made 5 nasdaq trades and 5 euro trades (all futures), but strangely enough, I can only see the nasdaq trades in the manual trading performance report.

Is there a reason?

arnie

Postby arnie » 06 Dec 2011

Hi.

It seems there's a bug in Renko charts when reporting PnL. Please see attached image.

Prices trading at 1.3469 and a position opened at 1,3476 should report a 7 pip PnL, not 68 pips. Only the Renko chart was reporting this PnL. Minute and contract charts were plotting a correct value.

I'm now using IQFeed.
Problem solved.

Henry once again saved the day :)
The solution was quite simple, just copy the settings from IB symbol into IQFeed symbol, namely, price scale, daily limit, min.movement and big point value.

Then open a new chart and all should be working fine now.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 07 Dec 2011

Today I've made 5 nasdaq trades and 5 euro trades (all futures), but strangely enough, I can only see the nasdaq trades in the manual
Fernando,

Could you please be more precise? Do you mean that when the Nasdaq chart is active and you open trading performance report (View --> Trading Performance Report) you see the trades, but when Euro chart is active and you open trading performance report there are no trades in it? Or is Trading Performance Report optionin View menu grayed out when Euro chart is active?

arnie

Postby arnie » 07 Dec 2011

Fernando,

Could you please be more precise? Do you mean that when the Nasdaq chart is active and you open trading performance report (View --> Trading Performance Report) you see the trades, but when Euro chart is active and you open trading performance report there are no trades in it? Or is Trading Performance Report optionin View menu grayed out when Euro chart is active?
Hi Dave.

Only now I've noticed that the performance report is for each symbol and not for all trades/symbols, that's why I couldn't see the euro trades since I was looking at the nasdaq report, silly me...

Anyway, It would be nice to have also a report where all trades of all symbols could be combined so we could have a complete report for the day, week, month and year.

Also, please see attached image.

As you can see in IB's trade log, today I've opened a short position, which was closed 34 minutes later. The position was opened using TWS and closed using MC. Strangely enough, MC's performance report shows the entry position as if it has been opened yesterday and closed today.
In the order and position tracker only the close order was retrieved, not the entry, generating this way, in my view, the report error. Shouldn't MC also recognize orders generated in TWS?
Attachments
report.gif
(25.56 KiB) Downloaded 2223 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 07 Dec 2011

I don't know what is happening today, but MC is showing a lot of problems.

This is the latest one, please see attached images.

This is simple, opened MC, created a Renko chart with the setting showed in both images. Closed MC, reopened it, where the chart previously created was opened (in preferences check the Open all workspaces from previous session). That is what we can see in the renko from open image, then create a new Renko chart with the same settings, as showned in the renko after open image and you will see that both charts are different. They have the exact same setting but are plotting different bricks.
Attachments
renko-after-open.gif
(74.24 KiB) Downloaded 2235 times
renko-from-open.gif
(74.75 KiB) Downloaded 2219 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 08 Dec 2011

Just made a video where you can see how Renko charts are different. This was shot using the new MC7.4 beta2 version.

http://www.screencast.com/t/bNaiHWN2D

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 08 Dec 2011

Hello Fernando,
Anyway, It would be nice to have also a report where all trades of all symbols could be combined

We will implement this in one of the next versions.
Shouldn't MC also recognize orders generated in TWS?
Was MC open when you entered the position from TWS? If no, than it is normal that MC did not show this order in the report. If yes, please describe the steps to reproduce the issue and send us MC logs after reproducing the issue but before restarting MultiCharts.

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
Please paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.
This is simple, opened MC, created a Renko chart with the setting showed in both images. Closed MC, reopened it, where the chart previously created was opened (in preferences check the Open all workspaces from previous session). That is what we can see in the renko from open image, then create a new Renko chart with the same settings, as showned in the renko after open image and you will see that both charts are different. They have the exact same setting but are plotting different bricks.
Please send us the workspace that you use for investigation.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 09 Dec 2011

Just made a video where you can see how Renko charts are different. This was shot using the new MC7.4 beta2 version.
The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

Return to “MultiCharts”