MultiCharts 7.4 Beta 2

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MultiCharts 7.4 Beta 2

Postby admin » 07 Dec 2011

MultiCharts 7.4 Beta 2 has several bug fixes and trading improvements, particularly with modification and stop orders: https://www.multicharts.com/traders-blog/?p=499

PricePuzzle

Re: MultiCharts 7.4 Beta 2

Postby PricePuzzle » 07 Dec 2011

For 7.2&7.4
Does the countdown timer (pic3) problem resolved with this version? The resolution is 5 but timer from time to time is 6:50.

Lastnight even a good internet, timer is disappear and MC hang, so i think it is not entirely link to internet.

Somehow it is related directly to the setting of MC servers (tsserver i believe).
1) Again, if there is a change in parameter of MC server, i SERIOUSLY need warning.
2) This changes in your server parameter should effect only the latest beta (7.4 in this case).
=============================
For 7.2
This morning in slow market the delay is reduced. Strange thing is the timer in the same workspace is not equal (pic2), but after few second, timer change to the same value 5:30.
Start time of the bar is advanced by 1 min i.e. 0:09 instead of 0:10. As informed, this will effect to all calculation related to HLOC.
3.png
(84.88 KiB) Downloaded 1261 times
2.png
(210.13 KiB) Downloaded 1257 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 08 Dec 2011

PricePuzzle,

Please check that your local time and time zone settings are correct (including daylight saving settings).

Your second screenshot shows the difference in local computer time (displayed on the bottom of MC window) and the time of the last tick in the Status Line of the chart.

If the problem persists, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 1 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

PricePuzzle

Postby PricePuzzle » 08 Dec 2011

Thank you Dave for your reply.
I did not change anything. Suddenly the problem is pop up at 03:30 yesterday.
Waiting for the openning of live chats.

========================
After checking with Katrin. Somehow server clock is wrong. So we synchonize it and problem of timer is solved. Good to know that the bar is plotted based on time at source.

So it is not a bug.

Now i think part of crashing yesterday is the server. So i am investigating more with my VPS.

PricePuzzle

Postby PricePuzzle » 09 Dec 2011

As usual, server said no problem on their end. If i want them to go further then i have to show them proof which i have
1) Logs (already forwarded to Katrin by e-mail)
tsMCFXDataFeed.txt end at 05:18 = Internet or MC stop pulling the data?
FXCMTradingSystems.txt end at 05:23 = This is usual, because Server have direct line connect to FXCM.
This can conlude that i have about 5 minutes no data before i shutdown.
2) Cut off from remote desktop 5 times = For sure bad internet.
3) Freezing charts (timer disappear) = MC stop pulling the data? I got a chart means connected to server, internet is OK?
4) No "lost of sever" message in QuoteManager log.

Is it possible that MC stop pulling data from MCFX in case of weak (not totally lost) internet? or never auto-restart once it receive better signal?

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 09 Dec 2011

Downloaded this version last night.

Noticed that the bid and ask are reversed.

Bid should be on the bottom and ask on the top.

This is how traders are used to seeing it because of the DOM ladders and logically you think of a bid being underneath the market and the ask being over the market.

It would be great if you could swap these.

Thanks!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
(11.46 KiB) Downloaded 1296 times

momentum

Postby momentum » 13 Dec 2011

MC2.jpg
(168.49 KiB) Downloaded 1222 times
Equity Curves don't match Strategy Performance.
Attachments
MC1.jpg
(66.49 KiB) Downloaded 1226 times

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 13 Dec 2011

MC2.jpg
Equity Curves don't match Strategy Performance.
The equity curve takes into consideration $100,000 as starting/initial capital, I wonder if you are refering to this descripancy.

momentum

Postby momentum » 13 Dec 2011

YES, Super. Thanks. I'll try and find a global preference to get rid of that.

arnie

Postby arnie » 15 Dec 2011

Please see attached image.

I closed MC while maintaining an open position in the markets and received a warning that do not match with IB's position status.
Attachments
MC_IB-don't-match.gif
(25.59 KiB) Downloaded 1223 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 15 Dec 2011

Please see attached image.

This is something that always confused me. Why can't MC retrieve the requested data range? If I choose 6 days, why does MC only retrieve 3 full days and half of the fourth day? I requested 6 days, not 3 and a half.
Attachments
days_back.gif
(41.1 KiB) Downloaded 1247 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 19 Dec 2011

I closed MC while maintaining an open position in the markets and received a warning that do not match with IB's position status.
Hello Fernando,

If you are able to reproduce the situation, please send us screenshots of Accounts table in TWS and Accounts tab of Order and Position Tracker as well as MC logs after reproducing the issue but before restarting MC.

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
Please paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.
This is something that always confused me. Why can't MC retrieve the requested data range? If I choose 6 days, why does MC only retrieve 3 full days and half of the fourth day? I requested 6 days, not 3 and a half.
When you use 'days back' requests MultiCharts requests data for x calendar days including weekends and holidays.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 19 Dec 2011

Hello Fernando,

If you are able to reproduce the situation, please send us screenshots of Accounts table in TWS and Accounts tab of Order and Position Tracker as well as MC logs after reproducing the issue but before restarting MC.

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
Please paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.
When you use 'days back' requests MultiCharts requests data for x calendar days including weekends and holidays.

arnie

Postby arnie » 19 Dec 2011

Hello Fernando,

Hi Dave.

Just sent the files you've requested.

Thank you.

h4nk

Postby h4nk » 20 Dec 2011

Downloaded this version last night.

Noticed that the bid and ask are reversed.

Bid should be on the bottom and ask on the top.

This is how traders are used to seeing it because of the DOM ladders and logically you think of a bid being underneath the market and the ask being over the market.

It would be great if you could swap these.

Thanks!
Please vote if you want bid and ask reversed:

http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-736

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 21 Dec 2011

Just sent the files you've requested.
Hello Fernando,

Wrong position number was caused by the fact that your data feed and broker are not the same. The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

PricePuzzle

Postby PricePuzzle » 23 Dec 2011

Strange thing is the timer in the same workspace is not equal (pic2), but after few second, timer change to the same value 5:30.
Update on issue above, 2 days ago, the internet in my area is down. I observe the problem is caused by the refreshing of each charts (each chart will refresh if receiving of new tick) due to bad internet.

(1)Incoming quote(data server)===>(2)MC process(remote server)===>(3)Show on remote desktop screen at distance user.(Local comp)

The incoming quotes are kept in backlog until process (2) and (3) is finished. Local internet problem sometimes fail all process. Normal situation ping value is shown as below chart.

I have ping value 40ms for MCFX datafeed and 300ms for my desktop which is the bottleneck.
Can we isolate the Remote Desktop from the process?(do not waiting for the refreshing of screen of remote desktop) i.e. MC will process the quote at its incoming no matter if screen is refreshing or not.

PS. This time MC can survive with out crash. Only the huge delay of process as above.
Attachments
Picture3.png
(17.76 KiB) Downloaded 1329 times

Return to “MultiCharts”