Two simple questions  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
goldmar

Two simple questions

Postby goldmar » 22 Dec 2011

Hello,

I've got the following questions:

1. Is it possible to transfer indicators from one chart to another? For example, I have 5 indicators (sma, rsi etc.) and want to use them on all charts - of different stocks. Is it possible to copy the indicators without reconfiguring them manually for every single chart?

2. Sometimes I switch from a daily chart to a 15min chart... I'd like some indicators still relate to the same amount of time instead of the number of bars - e.g. I have an sma indicator which changes from averaging the last 20 days to averaging the last 20 * 15 minutes... I'd like to define the period in the indicator instead of it using the chart settings. Is this possible?

Regards,
Mark

TJ

Re: Two simple questions

Postby TJ » 22 Dec 2011

Hello,

I've got the following questions:

1. Is it possible to transfer indicators from one chart to another? For example, I have 5 indicators (sma, rsi etc.) and want to use them on all charts - of different stocks. Is it possible to copy the indicators without reconfiguring them manually for every single chart?
Press [F1] and search for Study Templates.
2. Sometimes I switch from a daily chart to a 15min chart... I'd like some indicators still relate to the same amount of time instead of the number of bars - e.g. I have an sma indicator which changes from averaging the last 20 days to averaging the last 20 * 15 minutes... I'd like to define the period in the indicator instead of it using the chart settings. Is this possible?

Regards,
Mark
It is not possible, the MA indicators are based on bars.

goldmar

Re: Two simple questions  [SOLVED]

Okay, thanks for the really fast answer! Two more questions:

1. How can I reopen the Trade Bar? I've accidentally closed it and now I can't find a way to reopen it...

2. Can I run MC in a "simulate orders" mode? I don't want to have my orders executed before I know exactly how the program works...

goldmar

Okay, I've found the answer to my first question... after a loooong search. (View => Show Trade Bar)... don't know why I didn't see it before.

TJ

Postby TJ » 22 Dec 2011

Okay, thanks for the really fast answer! Two more questions:

2. Can I run MC in a "simulate orders" mode? I don't want to have my orders executed before I know exactly how the program works...
You have to connect MultiCharts to your broker's demo account.

e.g. Interactivebrokers offers a papertrading account for their clients that functions just like a real account, with real data, and processes orders in real time.

Return to “MultiCharts”