Closed private beta testing for MultiCharts 64 bit

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Stan Bokov

Closed private beta testing for MultiCharts 64 bit

Postby Stan Bokov » 16 Jan 2012

We are beginning closed private beta testing of the 64-bit version of MultiCharts. This beta will be limited to some qualified and enthusiastic experts, because certain improvements may need to be made before the product goes public (based on suggestions from our testers).

Testers need to be thorough, adept with technology, and willing to dedicate some time to truly test the product. We are looking to hear feedback on bugs, possible improvements and overall performance.

If you want to be a beta tester, please email support@multicharts.com with "Beta-Testing MultiCharts 64-bit". We will respond with further details by email. Please note that requesting to be in the beta does not guarantee participation because of the limited group size required.

Thank you for your help and understanding. Let's make this the best 64-bit trading platform on the market today!

TJ

Re: Closed private beta testing for MultiCharts 64 bit

Postby TJ » 24 Jan 2012

can this 64 bit version installed concurrently with the 32 bit version in the same computer?

vking

Postby vking » 24 Jan 2012

yes - this gets installed on a different folder automatically ( C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64).

Couple of points to note:
- This would be a brand new install and doesn't take any settings from 32 bit version
- Only one version at a time can be launched ( power language can be launched simultaneously)

thanks.
can this 64 bit version installed concurrently with the 32 bit version in the same computer?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 27 Jan 2012

yes - this gets installed on a different folder automatically ( C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64).

Couple of points to note:
- This would be a brand new install and doesn't take any settings from 32 bit version
- Only one version at a time can be launched ( power language can be launched simultaneously)

thanks.
32 and 64 bit version of MultiCharts can be installed on the same machine. You can run them at the same time if you use different registration details (you should have several MC licenses).

greenroomhoo

Postby greenroomhoo » 30 Jan 2012

deleted
Last edited by greenroomhoo on 31 Jan 2012, edited 1 time in total.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 31 Jan 2012

i am backtesting sthe S&P 500 daily back to 2000 and not crashing!
Good to hear that MC 64bit works well :), but it wouldn't be good if MultiCharts crashed with roughly 2800 bars.

If I backtest 80.000 75 tick bars, with IntrabarOrderGeneration on and Bar Magnifier set to 1 tick, I'm only using 470mb (virtual size). In my opinion, the memory usage of MultiCharts 32bit is already quite good, but off course I'm also looking forward to have it even better.

What are the experiences of other beta testers?

Return to “MultiCharts”