Multiple IB Accounts

Read before posting.
momentum

Multiple IB Accounts

Postby momentum » 24 Jan 2012

How can I choose which of my IB accounts a strategy trades into? Is it a matter of cloning the data feed in Quote manager with a different name and port? There must be another step because the cloned datafeed with a different name does not appear in either Chart Trader or the drop down list of brokers in the Autotrading tab of the strategy properties on the chart I want to connect.

TJ

Re: Multiple IB Accounts

Postby TJ » 25 Jan 2012

How can I choose which of my IB accounts a strategy trades into? Is it a matter of cloning the data feed in Quote manager with a different name and port? There must be another step because the cloned datafeed with a different name does not appear in either Chart Trader or the drop down list of brokers in the Autotrading tab of the strategy properties on the chart I want to connect.
Do not clone additional datafeed. You use only one per QM.

MultiCharts (or any other program, eg. Brackettrader) is connected to TWS through ports.

Each account can have only 1 TWS log in.
You can run up to 3 TWS per computer.
ie. you can connect to 3 different accounts through 3 different TWS .

For a strategy to connect to a different TWS,
you will need to set a different port number on the 2nd TWS, so that MultiCharts can distinguish it from the 1st one.

Go to TWS configure > API > Settings > Socket Port

Change the port number from 7496 (default) to a different number. eg. 7497, or any number that is not used.

Then go to your strategy and open Strategy Properties,
enter the same port number as TWS.

momentum

Re: Multiple IB Accounts

Postby momentum » 25 Jan 2012

Thank you!

Return to “MultiCharts FAQ”