UserID Locked to a particular hardware setup

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
momentum

UserID Locked to a particular hardware setup

Postby momentum » 27 Jan 2012

Currently, User IDs are created from a particular hardware mix and user info. If I change anything on my hardware the UserID can change. if I have a VPS and the desktop is moved from server to server as operational reasons dictate and my hardware mix is now different. If I have software licked to my UserID I cannot use it anymore. Also, I cannot use UserID locked software on my backup or laptop as it has a different UserID.

've made a PM request to either change the policy and lock UserID to a license as other platform vendors do or to offer a second type of userid that is locked to a license. If this is approved, then we can use the 3rd party add-ins we have bought on any of our machines.

I want to buy more MC licenses to use on VPS in Chicago and Frankfurt in addition to my NY and I can't do this until this issue is resolved.

Please vote for it here: http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-796

Andrew Kirillov

Re: UserID Locked to a particular hardware setup

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 27 Jan 2012

I must admit that GetUserID is not perfect. So GetUserName will be added in 7.5 in two weeks.
I do apologize for the inconvenience.

momentum

Postby momentum » 27 Jan 2012

Sounds Like Good News Andrew. What is the EXACT input that GetName will pull? Is it the user's name as registered into MC? In the European syntax <lastname><firstname> and will it be case sensitive?

Thanks

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Feb 2012

momentum,

GetUserName will return MultiCharts registration name which is case sensitive and in most cases represents <lastname> <firstname> or <firstname> <lastname> in small letters with a space in between.

Return to “MultiCharts”