move bars to front

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

move bars to front

Postby arnie » 27 Jan 2012

Hi.

Is there a way to move the price bars so they could be in front of trendlines and not behind?

Regards.
Fernando
Attachments
trendlines.png
(30.24 KiB) Downloaded 287 times

JoshM

Re: move bars to front

Postby JoshM » 28 Jan 2012

Is there a way to move the price bars so they could be in front of trendlines and not behind?
Perhaps with conditionally checking if the range of a bar is in the trend line area, and if it is, don't plot the trendline, or else do. (If you have a BMT account, you might want to check this thread with an indicator which does the same - can't copy the code here since it's an 'Elite' thread).

I don't know if the Z-order can be programmatically be determined, but it sure would be great if it could. :)

arnie

Postby arnie » 28 Jan 2012

Yes, the effect is nice, but I wouldn't know where to start to change my custom made indicator.

It would be easier to have an option to send back or send to front an indicator or price bars.

Maybe a reserved word for trendlines which when plotted send the lines behind the price bars.

If we think about, when we draw a rectangle or an ellipse, they are drawn behind the price bars, not in front.

I understand the z-order issue, but for those that are not using trendlines to trigger orders or alarms, an option to send them back could be available so price bars could be more visible, without all of those lines on top of them.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jan 2012

Hi.

Regards.
Fernando
Hello Fernando,

This feature has not been implemented yet. You may want to vote for this feature request at the Project Management of our web site.

Return to “MultiCharts”