How To Display Overlapped Volume  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Gedman

How To Display Overlapped Volume  [SOLVED]

Postby Gedman » 20 Feb 2012

How may I display 'overlapped' volume in the main chart window, rather than in a sub window?

Is there a way to display overlapped volume and retain a numeric expression of volume on the same chart?

Thanks much,
Gedman

TJ

Re: How To Display Overlapped Volume

Postby TJ » 20 Feb 2012

How may I display 'overlapped' volume in the main chart window, rather than in a sub window?

Is there a way to display overlapped volume and retain a numeric expression of volume on the same chart?

Thanks much,
Gedman
You can drag the volume into the main chart.

You can see the scale when you click on the sidebar to change the selected.

Postby Guest » 20 Feb 2012

Thank you TJ, that's very helpful.

I've set volume to display in the left price scale; price in the right price scale. Seems to work fine. However, volume appears at only 1/100 of the true number, i.e. a 460,000 share minute bar for AAPL displays as 4,600.00. How may this be reformatted?

Very much appreciate your help.

Best,
Ged

TJ

Postby TJ » 20 Feb 2012

Thank you TJ, that's very helpful.

I've set volume to display in the left price scale; price in the right price scale. Seems to work fine. However, volume appears at only 1/100 of the true number, i.e. a 460,000 share minute bar for AAPL displays as 4,600.00. How may this be reformatted?

Very much appreciate your help.

Best,
Ged
Right click on chart,

select Format Instrument

look under Scaling tab

Divide Scale Labels

Right click on chart,

select Format Instrument

look under Scaling tab

Divide Scale Labels
Thank you TJ.

When I 'Divided Scale', AAPL price in the right price scale went from, for example, 503.00 to 5.03. Volume, in the left price scale, stayed the same, 1/100 of volume. I'd like to return the right price scale to accurate price, and change left price scale to report at least 7 digits left of the decimal.

Thanks again,
Ged

TJ

Postby TJ » 20 Feb 2012

Right click on chart,

select Format Instrument

look under Scaling tab

Divide Scale Labels
Thank you TJ.

When I 'Divided Scale', AAPL price in the right price scale went from, for example, 503.00 to 5.03. Volume, in the left price scale, stayed the same, 1/100 of volume. I'd like to return the right price scale to accurate price, and change left price scale to report at least 7 digits left of the decimal.

Thanks again,
Ged
Sorry... can't help you in this department.

Why do you want the volume in the main chart?

You can also remove the divider between the subcharts, which would make the charts look continuous. (right click on chart, select Format Window).

Why do you want the volume in the main chart?
When I trade an active stock, like AAPL, while watching price action closely (for momentum trades lets say), I like the sense I can gain of surging volume without taking my attention from price action, but simply from the volume bars rising into the candlesticks (and beyond), without any need to look down at a sub graph, etc. Doesn't really have anything to do with aesthetics per se.

Is it the case then that there is no way to adjust the way numbers display in one price scale, independent of how they display in the other price scale?

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Best,
Ged

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Feb 2012

Hello Gedman,

Please let me know who is your data feed.

Return to “MultiCharts”