MULTICHARTS 8.0 BETA 1

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MULTICHARTS 8.0 BETA 1

Postby admin » 13 Feb 2012

MultiCharts 8.0 Beta 1 is big step forward for our traders. It’s the first time that EasyLanguage scripts can be used on 64-bit software, which means only your physical memory is the limit for backtesting, charting, optimization or trading. Several smaller features were added, and bugs affecting stability and data handling were addressed.

Read more...

arnie

Re: MULTICHARTS 8.0 BETA 1

Postby arnie » 13 Feb 2012

YES!

64bit here we go.....

I need to hit the gym right now, but when I arrive I'll be all over this 64bit version :)

One question before install it, do I need to uninstall the 7.4 version or can I let it be? I believe that someone already asked this same question, but can't find it.

Since the 32 and 64 applications are installed in different folders I think that there will be no problem leaving the 7.4 version where it is.

By the way, will the 64bit version assume all data in Databases, StudyServer, Trading Center and PLEditor folders?

Regards,
Fernando

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 13 Feb 2012

It's been stated that you can have both on the same computer since they are in separate folders, but you can only run one at a time..
I just installed the 64 bit with 7.4 on the same machine and it seems great, but you have to start from scratch with all settings (Including user ID and Password), studies, work spaces etc..small price to pay..for 64 bit..

arnie

It's been stated that you can have both on the same computer since they are in separate folders, but you can only run one at a time..
I just installed the 64 bit with 7.4 on the same machine and it seems great, but you have to start from scratch with all settings (Including user ID and Password), studies, work spaces etc..small price to pay..for 64 bit..
I need to create a new data base, symbols and so forth? Damn...

:(

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 13 Feb 2012

Not sure if we can just re-direct the 64 bit to the old database or not- maybe the MC techs could step in here and give some advice for those of us upgrading to 64bit..

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 13 Feb 2012

1. What's stunnel 4.11? I never saw it before. I suspect it has something to do with PFG.

2. Good job with dockable OPT.
Attachments
stunnel 4.11.jpg
(266.65 KiB) Downloaded 10802 times

arnie

So...

I copied/pasted the StudyServer and PLEditor folders from version 32bit into 64bit and all went well. All indicators were recognized, compiled, all functioning 100%.

Unfortunately the same can't be said regarding the Databases folder :(

A .dll error pops up every time I open QM or MC. I'm starting to download new data...

Opened a workspace from the 32bit version that has charts on each of the 8 monitors and you should have seen my happy face when I saw all charts at their right place, with all the custom made indicators :)
This 64 bit version is super fast downloading data from the feed.

Liked the position tracker docked, but when we have the DOM also docked the position tracker falls on top of it. It should recognize if the DOM is docked so it can dock according to its position.

Although the DOM docked like this can facilitate windows management on the monitors, I think that it should be docked to each chart, like the chart trading window is. Another button beside the chart trading one on the top right corner would be the perfect place for it. This way the user would choose which trading tool to use regarding that chart, that symbol, the chart trading window or the DOM.

regards,
Fernando

janus

Postby janus » 13 Feb 2012

The new symbol_ keywords are a great idea. It should get around my pet hate with the MaxBarsBack feature. Hopefully, I will be able to access past data of any age without causing the study to rest itself simply because it went back more than MaxBarsBack. Still, I would have preferred my original suggestion of having the option to disable MaxBarsBack, but this new feature should do the trick, I hope.

txls

Postby txls » 14 Feb 2012

Thanks a lot for this release, x64 version immensely improves all memory-related operations.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 14 Feb 2012

Unfortunately the same can't be said regarding the Databases folder

A .dll error pops up every time I open QM or MC. I'm starting to download new data...
Fernando,

Please do the following: go to Quote Manger –> File –> Export Data –> Export All Instruments… in the 32bit version of MultiCharts and export daily data for all your symbols into a .qmd file. Then, import this data into 64 bit Quote Manager.
1. What's stunnel 4.11? I never saw it before. I suspect it has something to do with PFG.
Tresor,

Indeed, it is an application used for PFG connection.

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 14 Feb 2012

I am currently trying to try the x64 version and am running into a problem with IQFeed. I am unable to retrieve any data using the IQFeed client 4.8.1.7 or 4.7.2.0 version.

arnie

Postby arnie » 14 Feb 2012

I am currently trying to try the x64 version and am running into a problem with IQFeed. I am unable to retrieve any data using the IQFeed client 4.8.1.7 or 4.7.2.0 version.

That's strange since I had no problem.

Have went to QM and write your IQFeed ID and password?

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 14 Feb 2012

yes

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 14 Feb 2012

yes
Hello bibulous,

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Please see attached screenshot.

Are you able to get data in IQ Feed Diagnostic software? If yes, please send your MC logs to support@multicharts.com

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
Please paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.
Attachments
IQFeed_4817_mc64.PNG
(55.3 KiB) Downloaded 10660 times

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 15 Feb 2012

Hi,

It's the first time I would try to install a MC Beta version.
How does it work when installing following Betas and Release Version? Just install over the old Beta version or will I have to deinstall the old Beta version first each time?

arnie

Postby arnie » 15 Feb 2012

Hi,

How does it work when installing following Betas and Release Version? Just install over the old Beta version or will I have to deinstall the old Beta version first each time?

I remember that a couple of versions back support advised to uninstall first, but I don't know if that continues to be valid.

I continue to uninstall first... just in case...

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 15 Feb 2012

I remember that a couple of versions back support advised to uninstall first, but I don't know if that continues to be valid.

You do not have to uninstall the previous version. Just run new installer to upgrade MultiCharts to the latest beta. Just remember that if you install MC 8.0 Beta 1 64 bit, it won't upgrade your MC 7.4 Release 32 bit. You will just have both 32 and 64 bit versions installed on your machine.

konstantin

Hi,

Looks like a lot of work: Export, backup, uninstall, install, import...
MC support: Do you have a recommendation here, uninstall before installing a new beta necessary or not (for future betas 8.0)?

konstantin

You do not have to uninstall the previous version. Just run new installer to upgrade MultiCharts to the latest beta. Just remember that if you install MC 8.0 Beta 1 64 bit, it won't upgrade your MC 7.4 Release 32 bit. You will just have both 32 and 64 bit versions installed on your machine.

OK, thanks

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 15 Feb 2012

yes
Hello bibulous,

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Please see attached screenshot.

Are you able to get data in IQ Feed Diagnostic software? If yes, please send your MC logs to support@multicharts.com

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
Please paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.
Yes, I am able to get data with the Diagnostics Software as well as with MC 7.4 and other vendors software. I am also able to use the "Add Symbol from Data Source" function in the 8.0 Beta Quote Manager. This is actually how I added the symbol in question ( @ES# ). There the connect to IQFeed seems to work - at least the retrieval of symbols and such. Collecting data doesn't work there as well.
I will send the logs later if I have the chance..

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 15 Feb 2012

bibulous,

You may want to come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

konstantin

IQFeed no problem here with MC 8 64bit.

mefTrader

Postby mefTrader » 15 Feb 2012

Is there a problem using Interactive Brokers as a Data Feed - am getting "Data feed couldnt be loaded"

Seems to be okay for DTN and Freequotes...

konstantin

Is there a problem using Interactive Brokers as a Data Feed - am getting "Data feed couldnt be loaded"

IB Datafeed works here, also Market-Orders, but Charttrader Orders (Limit, Stop, etc.) not working.

There are 3 versions of TWS: TWS Standalone, TWS Browser-based, Web-Trader.

MC asks for "Standalone" or "Web-Based". Not sure which one to choose for the TWS Browser-Based.

mefTrader

Postby mefTrader » 15 Feb 2012

talked to Andrew/Roman in support - seems to be an issue with the IB API with MC 64bit

Problem with loading European Stocks

bibulous

Postby bibulous » 15 Feb 2012

bibulous,

You may want to come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html
FYI, this is fixed now. Wrong settings on my side...

whammer

Postby whammer » 15 Feb 2012

Yikes, this is fast!

arnie

Postby arnie » 16 Feb 2012

Check the video I've made, something's wrong here. This is 64bit version.

http://www.screencast.com/t/usQJuYO5Fku

I have a workspace from version 7.4 which has 15 charts and this is the only one that reacts like this.
Every time I open the workspace this chart data is not uploaded. As you can see in the video, when I double click on the symbol the Format Instrument symbol is not the same, the chart is QGC# and the Format Instrument window shows @TY#. If I then change the symbol to QGC# once again the chart is loaded and everything comes back to normal.

Regards,
Fernando

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 16 Feb 2012

Check the video I've made, something's wrong here. This is 64bit version.

http://www.screencast.com/t/usQJuYO5Fku

I have a workspace from version 7.4 which has 15 charts and this is the only one that reacts like this.
Every time I open the workspace this chart data is not uploaded. As you can see in the video, when I double click on the symbol the Format Instrument symbol is not the same, the chart is QGC# and the Format Instrument window shows @TY#. If I then change the symbol to QGC# once again the chart is loaded and everything comes back to normal.

Regards,
Fernando
Fernando,

You have COMEX exchange set for the symbol on the chart, while in Format Instrument window the exchnage is NYMEX. Please save the workspace again or change the exchanege for the symbol in Quote Manager.

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 16 Feb 2012

IB Datafeed works here, also Market-Orders, but Charttrader Orders (Limit, Stop, etc.) not working.

MC asks for "Standalone" or "Web-Based". Not sure which one to choose for the TWS Browser-Based.
MC support, do you know which of the two IB settings (Standalone or Web-Based) to use when I use the IB TWS Browser-based?
And how to change this setting after the first connection to IB? There is a window at first connection, but I don't find a setting to change it later.

Dave Masalov

MC support, do you know which of the two IB settings (Standalone or Web-Based) to use when I use the IB TWS Browser-based?
And how to change this setting after the first connection to IB? There is a window at first connection, but I don't find a setting to change it later.
konstantin,

You should choose Web-Based for IB TWS Browser-based. However, we recommend to use the standalone version.

To change this setting, please go to Quote Manager --> Tools --> Data Sources --> double-click on IB, press Reset, click ok and then double click on Interactive Broker again.

Dave Masalov

Charttrader Orders (Limit, Stop, etc.) not working.
konstantin,

Please explain the issue in details with screenshots of the charts and Logs tab of Order and Position tracker or come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

arnie

Postby arnie » 16 Feb 2012

Are there any plans to create easy language reserved words to access the DOM data (level 2)? I remember having read something about this, but can't find it now.

In this video we can see TS level 2 on the chart, and as a plus, the X_Trader DOM with the cumulative volume (profile) and the times & sales that is optioned in the DOM itself.

http://youtu.be/U61Ah-d7qsE

I dream about the day where MC's DOM will be able to have the volume per level and a times & sales options :)

Can you imagine MC not only a 64bit platform, but also with level 2 capabilities?

:)

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 16 Feb 2012

Charttrader Orders (Limit, Stop, etc.) not working.
konstantin,

Please explain the issue in details with screenshots of the charts and Logs tab of Order and Position tracker or come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html
I know what was wrong, I had the wrong price scale for the instrument, when clicking into the chart for the order, I placed an order with too many decimals.

So IB is working fine up to now with MC8 64 bit, price feed and manual orders.

By the way: Both settings (web-based and standalone) work with TWS browser-based.
When I choose "standalone" I get a warning message, but when I click OK, it works anyway.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 17 Feb 2012

Are there any plans to create easy language reserved words to access the DOM data (level 2)
Yes it will be done within 6 months.

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 17 Feb 2012

When drawing a trendline which goes beyond the last Bar on the right (into the empty space) and the chart windows is maximized.
Then downsize the chart window, the trendline disappears, when the smaller window does not contain the whole trendline. I don't think this is intended.

arnie

Postby arnie » 17 Feb 2012

On the DOM, when we check "Dynamic Price Scale" option the bid/ask size disappears.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 17 Feb 2012

I am finding it to be too buggy with strats (mostly when turning them on and off - lots of crashes) and am going back to 7.4 on week-end.
[I guess I am not going back: tried but I think I would have to delete the program and do a clean install, which I am afraid would entail creating new symbols lists, etc.]

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 19 Feb 2012

compilation error

internal error in mingw32_gt_pch_use_address, at config/i386/host-mingw32.c:151: VirtualAlloc (commit): Tentativo di accedere ad un indirizzo non valido.
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\DATIAP~1\TSSUPP~1\MULTIC~1\STUDYS~1\Studies\SrcCpp\INDICA~1\i_prova.cpp:1: fatal error: can't read PCH file: Invalid argument
compilation terminated.

file for update ??

PricePuzzle

Postby PricePuzzle » 19 Feb 2012

I can not find MCFX in data source list.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 19 Feb 2012

Hi,

The Master Strategy Trailing Stop seems to have issues.
In the Master Strategy, I have the following set -
"Profit Target" = 8
"Stop Loss" = 5
Trailing Stop -
"Amount of Profit" =5
"Stop Loss" = 5.

I enter the trade Short @ 4219. The Profit Target and Stop Loss orders are placed.
The price moves 1 tick and I'm closed out of the trade @ 4220.
The Order Log shows Trailing Stop order @ 4219, filled @4220.

If I remove the Trailing Stop component from the Master Strategy, the Profit Target and Stop Loss work fine.

Neil.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 20 Feb 2012

Another Chart Trading issue.

When I place a trailing stop exit onto an existing position, it appears OK.
I then drag the Trailing Stop to a new level, the orange trailing stop line disappears. However, the line is still there, because when you move the mouse over the area, the mouse pointer changes to a hand.
Now when I drag the invisible trailing stop to it's second new position, the application crashes and closes.
This happens on the 64bit AND 32bit.

Neil.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 20 Feb 2012

Now that Version 8 is installed, can I go back to version 7.4 and not loose any data???

Neil.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 20 Feb 2012

Now that Version 8 is installed, can I go back to version 7.4 and not loose any data???

Neil.
** Yes, Just start the version 8 install program and you'll see a "remove" option, just make sure the "remove data" option is unchecked..(should be unchecked by default)..
After Ver 8 is removed, you can run the Ver 7.4 installer .
All of your data will be OK, if you go back to ver 7.4.

IT-Trader

Postby IT-Trader » 21 Feb 2012

Just installed MC 8.0 Beta 1 64 bit on Win 7 64 bit, fully patched.

I have an indicator that calls an external dll but even though the dll exists in the right place, its days it can't find it. This indicator works fine in all versions up to and including 7.4.

The indicator uses the line:

External: "C:\XYZ\abc.dll", int, "XYZ", IEasyLanguageObject;

It compiles ok but when applied to a chart I get the error:
Message: Error in study "XYZ" : : Can't find dll "c:\xyz\abc.dll".

The fact that it works perfectly in all prior versions, suggests a bug in the new v8.0.
The other possible is incompatibilities between the dll and 64 bit MC (rather than v8 per se).
I haven't installed 32 bit MC 8.0 and this isn't really an option as the PC is not 'spare' but used for live work.

arnie

Postby arnie » 21 Feb 2012

Just installed MC 8.0 Beta 1 64 bit on Win 7 64 bit, fully patched.

I have an indicator that calls an external dll but even though the dll exists in the right place, its days it can't find it. This indicator works fine in all versions up to and including 7.4.

The fact that it works perfectly in all prior versions, suggests a bug in the new v8.0.
The other possible is incompatibilities between the dll and 64 bit MC (rather than v8 per se).
I haven't installed 32 bit MC 8.0 and this isn't really an option as the PC is not 'spare' but used for live work.
Have you copied/pasted that .dll from Multicharts 32 bit folder into Multicharts 64 bit folder?

IT-Trader

Postby IT-Trader » 21 Feb 2012

Have you copied/pasted that .dll from Multicharts 32 bit folder into Multicharts 64 bit folder?
The location of the dll is specified in the indicator code. I.e.

So it looks to C:\xyz for the file abc.dll
So no need to move it.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 21 Feb 2012

I am finding it to be too buggy with strats (mostly when turning them on and off - lots of crashes) and am going back to 7.4 on week-end.
[I guess I am not going back: tried but I think I would have to delete the program and do a clean install, which I am afraid would entail creating new symbols lists, etc.]
Hello escamillo,

Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 10 AM EST for investigation: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

As we wrote you before, we need to enable extended logging on your machine, then reproduce the issue and collect all necessary information for analysis.

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 21 Feb 2012

Another thing that happens that never happened before is that if I change an Indicator, then all of the text for all of the indicators [on the right of the chart] sometimes (more often than not) disappears, causing the chart to have to be reloaded in order to see the text.

Katrin Yanenko

Postby Katrin Yanenko » 22 Feb 2012

Hi Neil,
Hi,

The Master Strategy Trailing Stop seems to have issues.
In the Master Strategy, I have the following set -
"Profit Target" = 8
"Stop Loss" = 5
Trailing Stop -
"Amount of Profit" =5
"Stop Loss" = 5.

I enter the trade Short @ 4219. The Profit Target and Stop Loss orders are placed.
The price moves 1 tick and I'm closed out of the trade @ 4220.
The Order Log shows Trailing Stop order @ 4219, filled @4220.

If I remove the Trailing Stop component from the Master Strategy, the Profit Target and Stop Loss work fine.

Neil.
This issue has been reproduced on our end. We've confirmed it and our engineers are working on this Trailing Stop issue.
Another Chart Trading issue.

When I place a trailing stop exit onto an existing position, it appears OK.
I then drag the Trailing Stop to a new level, the orange trailing stop line disappears. However, the line is still there, because when you move the mouse over the area, the mouse pointer changes to a hand.
Now when I drag the invisible trailing stop to it's second new position, the application crashes and closes.
This happens on the 64bit AND 32bit.

Neil.
We are trying to reproduce it on our end and analyze it deeper.
As soon as we have any results we'll contact you.

Neil.
You can go back to version 7.4 from 8.0 if you uninstall the current one and install 7.4.
All the data, studies, workspaces, study templates will be on the safe side.

Best Regards,
Katrin Yanenko
Last edited by Katrin Yanenko on 22 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 22 Feb 2012

Another thing that happens that never happened before is that if I change an Indicator, then all of the text for all of the indicators [on the right of the chart] sometimes (more often than not) disappears, causing the chart to have to be reloaded in order to see the text.
escamillo,

Please be more precise. What is the exact sequence of actions leading to the issue? If possible poste a video showing the issue or come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST to demonstrate it: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

snoop

Postby snoop » 23 Feb 2012

CQG is listed as a new available broker. Is it intended to work in this release? An error is produced, "impossible to connect to CQG trading system", when attempting to connect.

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 23 Feb 2012

compilation error

internal error in mingw32_gt_pch_use_address, at config/i386/host-mingw32.c:151: VirtualAlloc (commit): Tentativo di accedere ad un indirizzo non valido.
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\DATIAP~1\TSSUPP~1\MULTIC~1\STUDYS~1\Studies\SrcCpp\INDICA~1\i_prova.cpp:1: fatal error: can't read PCH file: Invalid argument
compilation terminated.

file for update ??
??????

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Feb 2012

CQG is listed as a new available broker. Is it intended to work in this release? An error is produced, "impossible to connect to CQG trading system", when attempting to connect.
We are currently developing CQG connection. It is not yet finished in MC 8.0 beta 1.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Feb 2012

compilation error

compilation terminated.

file for update ??
??????
Here are the files to fix "VirtualAlloc" issue on MultiCharts 8.0 beta 1 32 bit and 64 bit.
Attachments
MakeGCH_elapiver_158_x64.zip
64 bit
(371 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
MakeGCH_elapiver_158.zip
32 bit
(370.63 KiB) Downloaded 427 times

Trip

Postby Trip » 25 Feb 2012

Unfortunately the same can't be said regarding the Databases folder

Fernando,

Please do the following: go to Quote Manger –> File –> Export Data –> Export All Instruments… in the 32bit version of MultiCharts and export daily data for all your symbols into a .qmd file. Then, import this data into 64 bit Quote Manager.
Tresor,

Indeed, it is an application used for PFG connection.

So we cannot import all of our saved tick and minute data?
Can we get some kind of work around, if not.

sptrader

Re: MULTICHARTS 8.0 BETA 1 - strategy question

Postby sptrader » 25 Feb 2012

I'm testing a strategy in Ver 8 64 bit and noticed that when I back-test using bar magnifier at 1 tick level, I get vastly different results, than on replay at the tick by tick level , why is this happening and which one is closer to correct ? (which best matches expected real-time results)

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 27 Feb 2012

So we cannot import all of our saved tick and minute data?
Can we get some kind of work around, if not.
Hello Trip,

As I wrote you CAN import all user data:

Make sure that you have enough free space on your hard drive.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 27 Feb 2012

I'm testing a strategy in Ver 8 64 bit and noticed that when I back-test using bar magnifier at 1 tick level, I get vastly different results, than on replay at the tick by tick level , why is this happening and which one is closer to correct ? (which best matches expected real-time results)
sptrader,

If you compare two charts, make sure that the starting point of the calculation (first bar) and 'Maximum number of bars study will reference' setting are the same. If you are using «Real-time history matching» option then you need to enable it for signals on both charts:
Format tab->Signals->Format «Signal name»-> Properties

If the problem persists, please send us your workspace and the strategy as well as screenshots demonstrating the issue so we can test it on our end or come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we collect all the information: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

arnie

Postby arnie » 27 Feb 2012

Why can't we save a chart as an image when the window is detached?
There should be an option in the top left chart icon to save the chart as an image next to the attach window option.

Attachments
save_as_image.gif
(8.2 KiB) Downloaded 12849 times

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 27 Feb 2012

sptrader,

If you compare two charts, make sure that the starting point of the calculation (first bar) and 'Maximum number of bars study will reference' setting are the same. If you are using «Real-time history matching» option then you need to enable it for signals on both charts:
Format tab->Signals->Format «Signal name»-> Properties

If the problem persists, please send us your workspace and the strategy as well as screenshots demonstrating the issue so we can test it on our end or come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we collect all the information: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html
I think that I found the problem. I was using "intrabarordergeneration" with limit orders. After doing some research, I think they can ONLY be used on market orders.. Once I removed it, the results were the same...

NW27

Postby NW27 » 28 Feb 2012

I think that I found the problem. I was using "intrabarordergeneration" with limit orders. After doing some research, I think they can ONLY be used on market orders.. Once I removed it, the results were the same...
Surely this can't be true, why should that matter?

Multicharts - Please confirm one way or the other about this.

Neil.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 28 Feb 2012

Surely this can't be true, why should that matter?

Multicharts - Please confirm one way or the other about this.

Neil.
Neil,

This is not the case. Intra-Bar Order Generation should work the same way for all types of orders.

sptrader,

Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 1 PM EST for investigation: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 28 Feb 2012

Why can't we save a chart as an image when the window is detached?
There should be an option in the top left chart icon to save the chart as an image next to the attach window option.

arnie,

You can save the active chart as an image from File tab in the MultiCharts main menu.

arnie

Postby arnie » 28 Feb 2012

You can save the active chart as an image from File tab in the MultiCharts main menu.
This is a new feature, right?
I remember in previous versions trying to do this, but when I went to see the saved image it was always the attached one, never the detached. I assure you that I'd always activated the window from which I was creating the image.

It's nice to know that I'm now able to do this.

Thanks!

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 28 Feb 2012

When drawing a trendline which goes beyond the last Bar on the right (into the empty space) and the chart windows is maximized.
Then downsize the chart window, the trendline disappears, when the smaller window does not contain the whole trendline. I don't think this is intended.
Could you reproduce this?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Feb 2012

Could you reproduce this?
Hello Konstantin,

This issue is confirmed. It will be fixed in one of the future versions of MultiCharts.
Thank you for reporting.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 29 Feb 2012

When drawing in the subcharts nothing appears, although it is listed that it is there.

edit : sub chart2 drawing suddenly appeared in subchart one, even though it is applied to sub chart two and listed as such.
Attachments
sub chart drawings.jpg
(53.46 KiB) Downloaded 10603 times

TIKITRADER

video snip if it helps
no drawings in subchart

http://www.screencast.com/t/MbyOOBfGqO

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Feb 2012

When drawing in the subcharts nothing appears, although it is listed that it is there.

edit : sub chart2 drawing suddenly appeared in subchart one, even though it is applied to sub chart two and listed as such.
video snip if it helps
no drawings in subchart

http://www.screencast.com/t/MbyOOBfGqO
This problem has not been reproduced in our environment.
Please describe how to reproduce this behavior step by step or come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate it.

TIKITRADER

Please describe how to reproduce this behavior step by step or come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate it.
I am just trying this version out and doing simple things like drawings and such . This is not an indicator, it happens when hand drawing a line in subchart 2.
Simply adding a subchart 2, then hand drawing within that subchart. The drawing does not appear in sub chart2 as seen in the video clip. The drawing is there in the list to format drawings like the image previously posted.
Also noticed a drawing placed in the subchart2 suddenly appeared in the sub chart 1.
I will see if I can capture this on a video clip and post it for you.

TIKITRADER

I restarted MC and hand drawing still is strange behaviors.
Best I connect at some time to help as this may be on my end somehow.
Simple hand drawn rectangle once formatted and placed over price bars, block out price and trendlines. Cannot bring price forward.

http://www.screencast.com/t/V9xKqtJPc8M

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Feb 2012

I restarted MC and hand drawing still is strange behaviors.
Best I connect at some time to help as this may be on my end somehow.
Simple hand drawn rectangle once formatted and placed over price bars, block out price and trendlines. Cannot bring price forward.

http://www.screencast.com/t/V9xKqtJPc8M
This issue has been confirmed. It will be fixed in MultiCharts 8.0 beta 2.

arnie

Postby arnie » 29 Feb 2012

It seems something's wrong with the bracket strategy. I choose a 4 pip profit target, but as soon as the order is filled the target is at 5 pip, not 4.
The stop loss is correct.

http://www.screencast.com/t/0Vb8QvzU

NW27

Postby NW27 » 29 Feb 2012

I have this style of issue all of the time.
So I move my profit target to the correct level ie 4000
Then move my trailing stop trigger, now the profit target moves back to 4001 ???

By the way, this happens all of the time in V7.4....

I find if I move things to much in V8, the whole app crashes and closes.

Neil.

P.S. What did you record the video with?

arnie

Postby arnie » 29 Feb 2012

P.S. What did you record the video with?
http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/default.asp

It's free.

If you want something more professional they have Camtasia.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Mar 2012

It seems something's wrong with the bracket strategy. I choose a 4 pip profit target, but as soon as the order is filled the target is at 5 pip, not 4.

That is expected behavior.
Bracket strategy values are based on the average entry price.
Sometimes the Average Price in Order and position tracker window->Open positions tab is more accurate than the price returned by the data feed/broker. In this case the Profit Target value is rounded up, and the Stop Loss is rounded down.

SP

Postby SP » 01 Mar 2012

- Could we get the "Format" check mark with "Insert Study" for scanner windows too like for charts to change inputs before applied to the scanner?
- Buttontrader has 2 timer for the DOM. One is "Cancel after time" - it cancels the entry order if not filled in xx seconds/minutes, the other is a "Close-at-time" - it closes a position at a user defined time or in xx seconds/minutes if neither the target or the stop is hit.
Useful if you dont want to spend all the time in front of the pc and close the position before a news event, end of session or just before the Margin-shift.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 01 Mar 2012

Sometimes the Average Price in Order and position tracker window->Open positions tab is more accurate than the price returned by the data feed/broker. In this case the Profit Target value is rounded up, and the Stop Loss is rounded down.
OK, BUT.
The instrument I use is in whole numbers ie 4000, 4001, 4002, yet the Profit Target still jumps around. Your Entry price is displayed correctly as per IB yet moving the StopLoss trigger causes the Profit Target to move ???

Neil.

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 02 Mar 2012

This code for the Fisher Transform compiles OK, but when I insert it into a chart, MC64 crashes.
Could someone check if it's a code or program error?

Thanks.

Code: Select all

Inputs: price((H+L)/2),
Len(13);

Var: MaxH(0),
MinL(0),
Fish(0);

MaxH = Highest(Price, Len);
MinL = Lowest(Price, Len);

Value1 = .5*2*((Price-MinL)/(MaxH-MinL)-.5)+.5*Value1[1];

If Value1 > .9999 then Value1 = .9999;
If Value1 < -.9999 then Value1 = -.9999;

Fish = 0.25*Log((1+Value1)/(1-Value1)) +.5*Fish[1];

Plot1 (Fish, "Fisher");
Plot2 (Fish[1],"Trigger");

arnie

Postby arnie » 02 Mar 2012

This code for the Fisher Transform compiles OK, but when I insert it into a chart, MC64 crashes.

Thanks.
I can confirm that MC64 really crashes with this one, actually I never saw any MC version crashing like this one did. Usually stays there a bit. This was instantaneous.
Yesterday I was also trying a new indicator that although compiling OK, made MC hangs to a point where no tool and menu would work or open, although receiving realtime data whitout a problem.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 02 Mar 2012

Thanks.

Len(13);

Var: MaxH(0),
MinL(0),
Fish(0);

MaxH = Highest(Price, Len);
MinL = Lowest(Price, Len);

Value1 = .5*2*((Price-MinL)/(MaxH-MinL)-.5)+.5*Value1[1];

Plot1 (Fish, "Fisher");
The code is the exact same as I have, so it's NOT a code error. Works fine in V7.4
I'll check it in my MC 64bit later today.
I have had Ver 64 lock up Win7 when using chart trader, (I didn't think that was even possible) , I also have it impossible to remove some drawing tools, horizontal lines, fib retracement etc., but it is a beta, so we have to expect some of that.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Mar 2012

OK, BUT.
The instrument I use is in whole numbers ie 4000, 4001, 4002, yet the Profit Target still jumps around. Your Entry price is displayed correctly as per IB yet moving the StopLoss trigger causes the Profit Target to move ???
Neil.
Please let me know what exact symbol are you trading.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 02 Mar 2012

I also have it impossible to remove some drawing tools, horizontal lines, fib retracement etc., but it is a beta, so we have to expect some of that.
This is a known issue that has already been fixed.

Please download and install one of the following updates for 32 or 64 bit version of MultiCharts:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26968921/MC80_32bit.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26968921/MC80_64bit.zip

Close MultiCharts and all its applications.

Make sure that all MC processes are ended in Task manager:

• MultiCharts.exe
• MessageCenter.exe
• QuoteManager.exe
• tsServer.exe
• PLEditor.exe
• StudyServer.exe
• TradingServer.exe
• AtCenterServer.exe
• TPserver.exe
• Fixserver.exe

Unzip the archive. Then run the Updater.exe and click on “Update”.
Make sure that there are no errors in the log of the Updater.
Close the updater and run MC.

If the problem persists, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 02 Mar 2012

Thanks.
I can confirm that MC64 really crashes with this one, actually I never saw any MC version crashing like this one did. Usually stays there a bit. This was instantaneous.
Yesterday I was also trying a new indicator that although compiling OK, made MC hangs to a point where no tool and menu would work or open, although receiving realtime data whitout a problem.
The issue cannot be reproduced in our test environment. We have slightly changed the code. Please try to use this one:

Len(13);

Var: MaxH(0), MinL(0), Fish(0), Diff(0);

MaxH = Highest(price, Len);
MinL = Lowest(price, Len);
Diff = MaxH-MinL;

if (Diff > 0.0001) or (Diff < 0.0001) then
Value1 = .5*2*((price-MinL)/(Diff)-.5)+.5*Value1[1];

Plot1 (Fish, "Fisher");
If the problem perists, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we can collect dump files necessary for investigation: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

momentum

Postby momentum » 02 Mar 2012

After I add ARROWS and select DELETE DRAWINGS they do not disppear until I close and then reopen the workspace.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Mar 2012

After I add ARROWS and select DELETE DRAWINGS they do not disppear until I close and then reopen the workspace.
Please install the updater from this post.

arnie

Postby arnie » 02 Mar 2012

Using this as an example:

if currentbar = 1 then begin
value3 = Text_new_s(JulianToDate(aiLeftDispDateTime), GetAppInfo(aiLeftDispDateTime), GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue),"");
text_setfontname(value3 , "Lucida Sans Typewriter");
text_setcolor(value3 , white);
text_setsize(value3 , 9);
Text_SetStyle(value3 , 0, 0);
text_setborder(value3 , true);
text_setbgcolor(value3 , black);
end;

value1 = HighD(0);
value2 = LowD(0);

text_setstring(value3, " DayHigh " + spaces(1) + " - " + NumToStr(value1, 2) + " " + newline +
" DayLow " + spaces(1) + " - " + NumToStr(value2,2) + " " + newline +
" DayHigh " + spaces(1) + " - " + NumToStr(value1, 2) + " " + newline +
" DayLow " + spaces(1) + " - " + NumToStr(value2,2) + " ");

Text_SetLocation_s(value3, JulianToDate(GetAppInfo(aileftDispDateTime)),DateTime2ELTime_s(GetAppInfo(aileftDispDateTime)),
GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue));
Why when we use text_setbgcolor() the background is only in front of the bars and not of the trendlines? If we choose to use a background we assume it is to be in front of everything, otherwise, what's the point?

Attachments
background color.png
(41.59 KiB) Downloaded 12516 times

NW27

Postby NW27 » 02 Mar 2012

Please let me know what exact symbol are you trading.
Australian SPI from the SFE current contract APH2.
Neil.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Mar 2012

Neil.
As I have mentioned above- bracket strategy values are based on the average entry price.
Average Price in Open positions tab has two digits after the decimal. It is more accurate than the price in the DOM. That is why the Profit Target value is rounded up, and the Stop Loss is rounded down. Please check the Average price in Order and position tracker window->Open positions tab.
moving the StopLoss trigger causes the Profit Target to move
Please capture a video or come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate the issue.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 06 Mar 2012

Neil.
As I have mentioned above- bracket strategy values are based on the average entry price.
Average Price in Open positions tab has two digits after the decimal. It is more accurate than the price in the DOM. That is why the Profit Target value is rounded up, and the Stop Loss is rounded down. Please check the Average price in Order and position tracker window->Open positions tab.
Henry,
I'm confused. The instrument goes in WHOLE numbers ie 4000,4001,4002. In the QM the instruments minimum movement is defined as 1. In IB, the orders show WHOLE numbers yet in the Open Positions TAB it shows an average price of 4207.2. Where does it get the ".2" bit from?

Why doesn't it just use what IB said was the entry price of 4207?

Neil.

P.S. Actually the "Open Positions tab shows it as "4,207.2". Not to two decimal places.

P.S.S. I've included a video showing the issues.
1. The Profit Target moves when adjusting the StopLoss
2. As per the Master Strategy, the Trailing Stop should start at the Entry Price not above it.
3. The Average Price is not a WHOLE number. Should be 4190
4. Sometimes, moving the Trailing Stop also causes the Profit Target to move.

I tried to attach the 7MB file but I get the following error -
"The attachment’s file size is too large, the maximum upload size is 4194304 MB."
I have emailed it to you instead.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Mar 2012

Neil.
Henry,
I'm confused. The instrument goes in WHOLE numbers ie 4000,4001,4002. In the QM the instruments minimum movement is defined as 1. In IB, the orders show WHOLE numbers yet in the Open Positions TAB it shows an average price of 4207.2. Where does it get the ".2" bit from?

Neil.

P.S. Actually the "Open Positions tab shows it as "4,207.2". Not to two decimal places.

P.S.S. I've included a video showing the issues.
1. The Profit Target moves when adjusting the StopLoss
2. As per the Master Strategy, the Trailing Stop should start at the Entry Price not above it.
3. The Average Price is not a WHOLE number. Should be 4190
4. Sometimes, moving the Trailing Stop also causes the Profit Target to move.

I tried to attach the 7MB file but I get the following error -
"The attachment’s file size is too large, the maximum upload size is 4194304 MB."
I have emailed it to you instead.
Hello Neil,

The Average price in Open positions tab is received from IB TWS.
As you can see on the attached screenshot-Avg price value is the same in IB TWS and MultiCharts.
You may want to contact IB directly regarding the calculation of this value.

Our engineers are investigating the "Trailing Stop also causes the Profit Target to move" issue.
I will keep you updated.
Attachments
IB Avg Price.png
(167.36 KiB) Downloaded 10601 times

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 06 Mar 2012

In IB, the orders show WHOLE numbers yet in the Open Positions TAB it shows an average price of 4207.2. Where does it get the ".2" bit from?

As you can see on the attached screenshot-Avg price value is the same in IB TWS and MultiCharts.
I thought the average entry price from IB included commission, which might give 0.2 for $2,- one side commission.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 06 Mar 2012

In IB, the orders show WHOLE numbers yet in the Open Positions TAB it shows an average price of 4207.2. Where does it get the ".2" bit from?

I thought the average entry price from IB included commission, which might give 0.2 for $2,- one side commission.
Spot on Josh,
Quoting from the TWS help file "Avg Price - the average price is calculated by dividing your cost (execution price + commission) by the quantity of your position. This value is then used to determine your unrealized P&L."

So the question is, why use the average price which appears to be stuffing up simple calculations? Why not use the fill price? Or if it was because of partial fills, put in a Option setting to allow the user to decide which to use.
This is probably why things like the StopLoss, Trailing Stop and Profit Target are not where they should be as per the Master Strategy template.

This may not sound like much but when you are putting your Stops and targets 4..5 points from your entry. Things not being set to where you expect as per your Master Strategy only add further stress to the trade that could last seconds to minutes.

Neil.

momentum

Postby momentum » 08 Mar 2012

Scanner Studies I am runnung in 7.4 give erroneous alerts ib 8 beta 1. Alerts are 2 or 3 days late. Anyone else see this?

momentum

Orders in Chart Trading do not appear in the DOM

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 08 Mar 2012

Scanner Studies I am runnung in 7.4 give erroneous alerts ib 8 beta 1. Alerts are 2 or 3 days late. Anyone else see this?
Hello momentum,

Please send us your indicators as well as workspace and detailed description of the issue to support@multicharts.com
Please explain the issue in details. Are you able to reproduce this situation? If yes, please send us the video showing the issue or come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST to demonstrate the issue: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

momentum

Open chart trading. Broker IB. Open DOM with same symbol and same broker. Place order on chart by right clicking. Order appears on chart. Look at DOM. No order in DOM
Hello momentum,

Please explain the issue in details. Are you able to reproduce this situation? If yes, please send us the video showing the issue or come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST to demonstrate the issue: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 09 Mar 2012

Installed 8.0, added all my workspaces but now all I see in the upper left corner of every chart is: Establishing connection.... I know its something simple but I can't find how to get my data. I'm using TS and IB for data feeds. In the quote manager I checked the settings for IB and the port and IP address match that in the quotemanager. What do I need to do to connect? Thanks

Should also mention that I did do a File - Export Data from the old version and then File - Import Data. Offline everything seemed to work last night when I did this. Today it won't connect and I don't see any old data.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Mar 2012

Installed 8.0, added all my workspaces but now all I see in the upper left corner of every chart is: Establishing connection.... I know its something simple but I can't find how to get my data. I'm using TS and IB for data feeds. In the quote manager I checked the settings for IB and the port and IP address match that in the quotemanager. What do I need to do to connect? Thanks

Should also mention that I did do a File - Export Data from the old version and then File - Import Data. Offline everything seemed to work last night when I did this. Today it won't connect and I don't see any old data.
In Multicharts please go to File tab->Preferences->Data server mode.
Make sure you are in online mode, "download missing historical data" is enabled.

Then go to Format tab->Instrument. Make sure the correct data feed and symbol are selected.

tozwp

One other strange behavior I just found. I shut down version 8.0 and went back to using 7.4. When I did this, many but not all, of my indicators I had on various charts are now hidden. I can't unhide them or get them to work yet. I think I'll wait until 8.0 is released before playing around with it.

tozwp

Shut down 7.4, went back to 8.0 and now the data is working. Many of my indicators don't show up on my charts and under 'Status', they show Unverified. How do I verify all my old indicators and studies? In the Editor, none of them show up. Where are they stored and how do I import them into 8.0? Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Mar 2012

Shut down 7.4, went back to 8.0 and now the data is working. Many of my indicators don't show up on my charts and under 'Status', they show Unverified. How do I verify all my old indicators and studies? In the Editor, none of them show up. Where are they stored and how do I import them into 8.0? Thanks!
Please find more information on Importing and Exporting Studies at this page.

tozwp

I've got one indicator that runs fine in 7.4 but when imported into 8.0, it won't compile. When I open it in the Editor, it won't give me the option of compiling. That selection is greyed out. When I select Compile from the menu and compile all umcompiled I show nothing in the output area at the bottom. I'd be happy to post or send the code if this would help.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 09 Mar 2012

I've got one indicator that runs fine in 7.4 but when imported into 8.0, it won't compile. When I open it in the Editor, it won't give me the option of compiling. That selection is greyed out. When I select Compile from the menu and compile all umcompiled I show nothing in the output area at the bottom. I'd be happy to post or send the code if this would help.

\** Go ahead and post the code , it's the only way that we can try to help.

tozwp

My mistake. The reason it won't compile is because it compiled correctly already. Still having problems making it work though. It works on one chart but not several others. Must be something on my end so I'll keep looking.

Ulich05

elcollections.dll

Postby Ulich05 » 11 Mar 2012

anyone have a work around for using elcollections w 64bit? doesn't seem to load elcollections.dll from TS days any longer :(

needed to write data to files from indicators and strategies.

*edit*
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10094&p=48320&hili ... ons#p48320

NICE!

arnie

Postby arnie » 12 Mar 2012

Why when a strategy is active in the DOM we can't see the last trades size when prices are at the limit order?

Attachments
exe_orders.gif
(7.92 KiB) Downloaded 12323 times

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 13 Mar 2012

Hello
Newby about software and questionning.

I did not tried yet the 64, but questions came out in my mind

- Will dll written for the 32 still work. I use XLInput dll collection to write to an Excel sheet + GV ( global variable)

- If I install MC 64 and my Excel is in 32, should I expect a mismatch?

- What would be the main gain or the main reason to upgrade to the 64. Will it be faster.

Martin

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 13 Mar 2012

Why when a strategy is active in the DOM we can't see the last trades size when prices are at the limit order?

arnie,

It has been added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 13 Mar 2012

Thanks.
The issue cannot be reproduced in our test environment. We have slightly changed the code. Please try to use this one:

Len(13);

Var: MaxH(0), MinL(0), Fish(0), Diff(0);

MaxH = Highest(price, Len);
MinL = Lowest(price, Len);
Diff = MaxH-MinL;

if (Diff > 0.0001) or (Diff < 0.0001) then
Value1 = .5*2*((price-MinL)/(Diff)-.5)+.5*Value1[1];

Plot1 (Fish, "Fisher");
If the problem perists, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we can collect dump files necessary for investigation: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

There is no change with this version of the code, MC64 crashes without warning when inserting the indicator.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 13 Mar 2012

There is no change with this version of the code, MC64 crashes without warning when inserting the indicator.
konstantin,

Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 1 PM EST so we can connect to your machine remotely for investigation: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Mar 2012

Spot on Josh,
Quoting from the TWS help file "Avg Price - the average price is calculated by dividing your cost (execution price + commission) by the quantity of your position. This value is then used to determine your unrealized P&L."

So the question is, why use the average price which appears to be stuffing up simple calculations? Why not use the fill price? Or if it was because of partial fills, put in a Option setting to allow the user to decide which to use.
This is probably why things like the StopLoss, Trailing Stop and Profit Target are not where they should be as per the Master Strategy template.

This may not sound like much but when you are putting your Stops and targets 4..5 points from your entry. Things not being set to where you expect as per your Master Strategy only add further stress to the trade that could last seconds to minutes.

Neil.
You are correct, this is because of partial fills.
For example 10 contract order is partially filled with different prices. We consider using “average fill price” provided by the broker as the most appropriate way in this case.

LRP

Postby LRP » 15 Mar 2012

Dear TS-Support

MC do not anymore connet automatically at start and reconnet (after lost of connection) with the IB-TWS (Build 923.8a). I have to confirm always serveral times manually.

(Is this dependent of the TWS-Language? => I changed it to German)

Thanks a lot, LRP
Attachments
ConfirmReconnection.png
(22.25 KiB) Downloaded 10592 times

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 15 Mar 2012

Dear TS-Support

MC do not anymore connet automatically at start and reconnet (after lost of connection) with the IB-TWS (Build 923.8a). I have to confirm always serveral times manually.

Thanks a lot, LRP
Hello LRP

To make sure that IB stay on, I use a free little tool call TWSSTART. In fact, the creator is German if I recall. Google it, you will found it. If not, send me a PM and I will give it to you.

Since I installed it, I'm more than satisfied with it. It will reload if I close IB by mistake, It will relaod when IB do som server maintenance at night etc.

Hope it could help others.

Martin
Excuse my English

LRP

Postby LRP » 15 Mar 2012

Dear TS-Support

Thanks a lot, LRP
Hello LRP

To make sure that IB stay on, I use a free little tool call TWSSTART. In fact, the creator is German if I recall. Google it, you will found it. If not, send me a PM and I will give it to you.

Since I installed it, I'm more than satisfied with it. It will reload if I close IB by mistake, It will relaod when IB do som server maintenance at night etc.

Hope it could help others.

Martin
Excuse my English
Thanks Martin for your Suggestion. I know this cool tool as well.
What I mention is, that MC/TWS try several times a day to reconnect, which i have to confirm manually. This behavoir is new and very annoing/dangerous for my real life trading.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 15 Mar 2012

OK

I had this problem once. It was caused by my router. My solution was to reset it by removing the power and reload. After, the problem was resolved.

I think that IB is very difficult on the number of internet packets of data that is ressend. That could be the cause

Good luck, happy trafing

Martin

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 15 Mar 2012

A small issue with dockable OPT that might require some attention. Explained in the picture.
Attachments
Edit docked OPT.JPG
(101.94 KiB) Downloaded 10600 times

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 16 Mar 2012

What I mention is, that MC/TWS try several times a day to reconnect, which i have to confirm manually. This behavior is new and very annoing/dangerous for my real life trading.
Yes, MC used to connect to TWS without the user having to manually perform a confirmation. This was a very good feature. Most likely something changed on the TWS side.

Regardless of the cause, an operational step backwards has occurred.

Can it be fixed?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 16 Mar 2012

A small issue with dockable OPT that might require some attention. Explained in the picture.
Tresor, font size and background color options will be added to the dockable OPT shortcut menu (right-click) in MC 8.0 Beta 2.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 16 Mar 2012

Dear TS-Support

Thanks a lot, LRP
Yes, MC used to connect to TWS without the user having to manually perform a confirmation. This was a very good feature. Most likely something changed on the TWS side.
Please add 127.0.0.1 to the Trusted IP Addresses list in TWS -> Configure -> API -> Settings. This should solve the issue.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 19 Mar 2012

I was running V8 Beta1 64bit last week and noticed that the TPO study (Market profile- from this forum) fails to update in real-time. I switched back to V7.4 and TPO works fine. It will only update in V8 Beta1, if I manually click the "status" button off and on.. The Cyan horizontal line on the attached chart, is the current price, you can see that the TPO is not keeping up with current price. (update on every new tick is checked).
see attached view-
Attachments
TPO NOT updating.png
(48.67 KiB) Downloaded 10597 times

admin

Postby admin » 19 Mar 2012

Djinn

Postby Djinn » 20 Mar 2012

We are currently developing CQG connection. It is not yet finished in MC 8.0 beta 1.
Any update on when the CQG connection will be up and running?

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 20 Mar 2012

I was running V8 Beta1 64bit last week and noticed that the TPO study (Market profile- from this forum) fails to update in real-time. I switched back to V7.4 and TPO works fine. It will only update in V8 Beta1, if I manually click the "status" button off and on.. The Cyan horizontal line on the attached chart, is the current price, you can see that the TPO is not keeping up with current price. (update on every new tick is checked).
see attached view-

**This issue was resolved in Beta2 - Thanks MC support !!!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Mar 2012

Any update on when the CQG connection will be up and running?
It is scheduled for MultiCharts 8.0 release.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 20 Mar 2012

Spot on Josh,

Neil.
You are correct, this is because of partial fills.
For example 10 contract order is partially filled with different prices. We consider using “average fill price” provided by the broker as the most appropriate way in this case.
Henry,

To a degree I can understand your logic. But... Isn't it better to be displaying the fill price and having it 99% of the time correct, than displaying the average fill price and being 100% of the time incorrect?

Or from a programing point of view, (I am a professional programmer) it would be very easy to detect if the qty ordered matched the qty filled (at one price level). Thus, use the Actual fill price if the fill qty matches the original order OR use the Average price if the fill qty doesn't match the order.

I'm sure that these fictitious fill prices are probably the problem further down the track with calculating the proper StopLoss, Profit targets etc in the Chart Trading and DOM area.

Multicharts are better than that. Display and report the correct prices to the best of your capability. Not take the easy way out.

Neil.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Mar 2012

Henry,

To a degree I can understand your logic. But... Isn't it better to be displaying the fill price and having it 99% of the time correct, than displaying the average fill price and being 100% of the time incorrect?

Or from a programing point of view, (I am a professional programmer) it would be very easy to detect if the qty ordered matched the qty filled (at one price level). Thus, use the Actual fill price if the fill qty matches the original order OR use the Average price if the fill qty doesn't match the order.

I'm sure that these fictitious fill prices are probably the problem further down the track with calculating the proper StopLoss, Profit targets etc in the Chart Trading and DOM area.

Multicharts are better than that. Display and report the correct prices to the best of your capability. Not take the easy way out.

Neil.
Hello Neil,

I'am working on this request with our developers.
We are evaluating the possible improvements for the subject. I will keep you updated.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Mar 2012

Henry,

Neil.
Hello Neil,

We consider using “average fill price” provided by the broker as the most appropriate way to handle both partial and immediate fills at the moment. You can also specify the exact price level for the order, not only pips offset. We do not plan to change the current behaviour in the nearest future.

Return to “MultiCharts”