Flip a chart upside down? Simple?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kajkanjan

Flip a chart upside down? Simple?

Postby kajkanjan » 14 Mar 2012

Hi all,

I am slowly learning my way through MultiCharts, however, one feature I have used often in the past in other packages or have done manually and would like is the flipping of a chart upside down.

It is a simple, yes, and some would probably say silly thing, but I can find it very useful and some times enlightening to be able to flip a chart upside down.
I also like to use this function in front of clients as an exercise to show peoples lack of objectivity and bias/leniency to charts going up as opposed to charts going down.

I would have thought this a relatively easy thing to do to just flip everything upside down or to minus from zero . . . Is there a setting I have missed in MultiCharts where I can do this? Some axis setting etc?

Further to that, do indicators then work off of the 'upside down' flipped data? (which would be great)

If not, does anybody have a way to do this relatively easily? A screen-shot and with Photoshop required is a bit tedious. I also don't really want to have to create custom indicators or data sets...

Thank you for any time and help!

KJ

kajkanjan

Re: Flip a chart upside down? Simple?

Postby kajkanjan » 15 Mar 2012

Hate to bump a post . . . . but is this really not possible?

I might make a feature request for Multicharts! After all, it is those little things that make one package shine and seem polished and more advanced over another package ;)

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 15 Mar 2012

Hate to bump a post . . . . but is this really not possible?

I might make a feature request for Multicharts! After all, it is those little things that make one package shine and seem polished and more advanced over another package ;)

A simple way to "invert" the market is to just make an indicator that plots 1/Close;

such as: Plot1(1/C,"inverse");
you'll have to scale it to "screen" though. Attached is a view in red of the inverse of price.
I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for though.
Attachments
_Inverse Chart.png
(56.4 KiB) Downloaded 1106 times

kajkanjan

Postby kajkanjan » 15 Mar 2012

Thanks, that does work.
Probably not 100% what I was hoping/looking for, but it does work in a way so will have to do for now :)

ABC

Postby ABC » 16 Mar 2012

KJ,

like sptrader pointed out, plotting the inverted value probably is the only chance you have at the moment.

If you create four plots inverting Open, High, Low and Close and formating the plots accordingly i.e. Open as Left Tick, High as Bar High, Low as Bar Low and Close as Right Tick, you will get a bar build with these four plots. Adding this to subchart one as scaled to screen and making the price bars invisible is as close as you can get.

Code: Select all

Plot1(Reciprocal(Open), "Open");
Plot2(Reciprocal(High), "High");
Plot3(Reciprocal(Low), "Low");
Plot4(Reciprocal(Close), "Close");

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Mar 2012

There is a program that can flip the screen upside down.
I don't have the link, you have to google for it.

Return to “MultiCharts”